Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2019, 12:21 PM

21,991 posts, read 9,569,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Then you have no right to be outraged at something so stupid. I am a Christian and I have no issue with what Obama said. What I have an issue with is your Dear Leader calling himself a Christian and the hypocrisy of the religious right in supporting a man who is obviously not a Christian.
I am not outraged. I just find it curious that they both used the same terms. You don't find that the least bit odd?

Old 04-23-2019, 12:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,600,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am not outraged. I just find it curious that they both used the same terms. You don't find that the least bit odd?
Nope, not at all. Fox news used the same term, do you find that odd? And with your previous post, where is the outrage from the left that you saw. The only outrage I saw was from the unhinged right.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:26 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,935,080 times
Quote:
No.

I'm not seeking out conspiracies, though.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:28 PM

6,004 posts, read 2,255,085 times
This is where I and the President have the largest issue.
I don't want a President that stirs up drama every week.
I want the President focused on doing his job, not being a Social Media diva.

Hell even actors and musicians take breaks to prevent over saturation, people get tired of the daily TMZ stuff from this White House.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:31 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,193,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You know that isn't what I said but you had to go here as that's what people do. They lash out at arguments they can not address.

Is this a big story? I already noted it is not, but yeah, one should use the correct words. Words have meaning. I've done it and people have corrected me. I didn't lash out. I said "Yeah, you are right".
Why did you bring up devil worshipers. I'm not the one whose day has been ruined. Regardless, the description Obama and Clinton used is accurate. Sorry I participated in this silly thread.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:31 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,499,951 times
"Attention Walmart shoppers...."

I have no doubt you all are demanding Walmart correct their grammar since in no universe can the announcement indicate shoppers at Walmart. It can only mean shoppers shopping for a Walmart store to purchase and they should be getting in touch with the Walton family or their attorneys for that request.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:35 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,935,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Is this a big story? I already noted it is not, but yeah, one should use the correct words. Words have meaning. I've done it and people have corrected me. I didn't lash out. I said "Yeah, you are right".
They DID use the correct words.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,079,765 times
Quote:
Where were you when you found out that they failed to put the word Christians in their statements?
Where were you when you found out that Trump didn't either?

Old 04-23-2019, 12:42 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,342,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the topic of this thread is literally dozens of democratic party leaders called attention to the day, easter, on which the attack occurred and the victims were worshippers. they did not acknowledge the religion, chrisitan, targeted by the muslim terrorists.
You don't think people attending a church service on Easter Sunday are anything but Christian, do you?

What about the people who were in hotels? Are/aren't you offended because they were/weren't mentioned by religious denomination? Were all of them Christians? How would you know? Does it matter?

Quote:
some don't see the reason why the distinction between "easter worshippers" and christian is important.
Because the phrases describe the same group of people, it would be redundant to use both phrases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Ok.....

So what's the point in using "Easter worshipers" at all?
Because they were worshiping on Easter Sunday?

Quote:
A lot of people use the phrase to describe people who were worshiping on Easter Sunday. Because they were ... worshiping on Easter Sunday.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
And FOX used the same words too......

Could it be because its a pretty normal thing to say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies