Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2019, 10:11 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,304,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Ok, if nobody cares then why not just say Christians?

Because these were specifically Christians who were in church observing Easter.

After all, even Fox News had it right.

Tourists, Easter worshippers lament closure of Notre Dame

link showing it's from the Fox News website
https://www.foxnews.com/world/touris...-of-notre-dame

Old 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,793,885 times
Quote:
Because no one cares.......Are you offended Trump called them "people"? I'm not. If those people were in church during Easter worship, then I know they were Christians. You guys are overplaying this, and end up looking hyper-PC.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:27 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,366,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, if professional writers put it that way, you'd have no idea who they were referring to? It seems obvious to me, but I guess its just me.
It has nothing to do with not understanding who they were talking about. As I said, it's not a big deal to me but yeah, I would like leaders and journalists to write and speak correctly.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:36 AM

22,050 posts, read 9,632,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Everyone is free to choose their own words; that's what makes the Democrats' script so glaringly obvious.

Quote:

To me, the fact that they BOTH called them that is proof of some orchestrated Democrat message which to me is the point. They orchestrated a message purposely leaving out Christian.

The outrage in this thread by the obvious left leaners is proof of their hatred of Christianity. And I am not even Christian.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:58 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,812,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to whom?
Every person who I grew up around while growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why not? Anyone who worships in church during Easter is an Easter Worshiper.

I'm sorry if its not PC enough for you.
The correct words selected mean a lot. Before my parents became Christians, growing up we went to Easter Service on Sunday even though we didn't go to church any other time. We did not worship Easter. BIG difference.

Quote:

Trump did not make any reference to Christians.
Which would have been the better route for Obama and Hillary to go.

Quote:
Maybe they understand that most Christians don’t go to church on Easter and there are thousands of brands of Christianity, some of whom are Orthodox and their Easter is this coming Sunday.
We don't because we don't care for large crowds. They are not brands. The are denominations.
In the end they believe in God the Father, Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Journalism is not what it once was. It's about getting a story out quickly, not in getting it right.
You are correct. The media cant seem to pull their heads out of their butts nor pull out a dictionary to make sure they use words the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I truly believe we are living in the age of mass insanity. This absolutely cannot be real life.
There have been a few things over the past week that I have scratched my head and asked if this is really what our world has come to. It's truly becoming a mad, mad world.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,965,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the 300+ people murdered by muslim terrorists in sri lanka weren't easter worshippers. what a weird thing to call Christians. they weren't worshipping easter!

why is it impossible for Obama, Hillary, other dem leaders to acknowledge the Christians, but had no problem finding the right words for LGBT or muslim victims when those groups were attacked by terrorists?

I find the democrat leaders bigoted and prejudiced toward christians, this single religious group. If others are too blind to see this, perhaps they should look at themselves and ask why?
Faux outrage.

So stupid.

Sunday worshippers? That would be people attending services on a Sunday. It's a common phrase.

Easter worshippers? That would be people attending services on Easter.

There is no insult to call someone an Easter worshipper.

The insult is to the intelligence of all thinking people, to feign outrage at the use of what is an accurate description. The outrage is to the victims of these attacks, to use them as fodder for political bs.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,965,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post

The correct words selected mean a lot. Before my parents became Christians, growing up we went to Easter Service on Sunday even though we didn't go to church any other time. We did not worship Easter. BIG difference.

BS. Easter-worshippers don't worship Easter. They worship the Lord on Easter. Just like Sunday-worshippers don't worship Sunday. They worship the Lord on Sunday.

Get your heads out of your ...

Old 04-23-2019, 12:15 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,627,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

To me, the fact that they BOTH called them that is proof of some orchestrated Democrat message which to me is the point. They orchestrated a message purposely leaving out Christian.

The outrage in this thread by the obvious left leaners is proof of their hatred of Christianity. And I am not even Christian.
Then you have no right to be outraged at something so stupid. I am a Christian and I have no issue with what Obama said. What I have an issue with is your Dear Leader calling himself a Christian and the hypocrisy of the religious right in supporting a man who is obviously not a Christian.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:16 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,525,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
BS. Easter-worshippers don't worship Easter. They worship the Lord on Easter. Just like Sunday-worshippers don't worship Sunday. They worship the Lord on Sunday.

Get your heads out of your ...
That's a lot to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies