Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 06:23 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times

Advertisements

Barr is running scared
And the fact that he IS running scared proves there is reason to be concerned

The attempt to characterize Mueller’s letter as “snotty” and “written by one of his staff members” was pathetic —- and reminiscent of how Trump == who has no true education or command of the English language == puts down comments that threaten him and his actions

Barr wasn’t able to destroy Mueller’s letter because he KNOWS Mueller wrote it and he knows how significant it is that Mueller put his concerns in writing and SENT COPIES to other entities to prevent Barr from stonewalling the letter....
Just ask yourself in the two years that Mueller’s investigation has done investigations and the thousands of pages of testimony, court documents, intelligence reports, communications between team members—ALL that paperwork—-and NOTHING was given to the public OR to government entities before>>>>

Why???
Because Mueller believes in the rule of saw, separation of powers, and NOT being political about his duties....
Now seeing Barr totally subvert HIS role as AG to protect the separation of powers and the rule of law, Mueller knew his only recourse was to go public and provide proof that Barr was subverted to Trump’s side, to protect the president at all costs—-including sacrificing the honor of the DoJ....
Barr has totally compromised the DoJ in the way Trump has been trying to smear its efforts to save his ass...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 06:24 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,185,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
No, they don’t speak for themselves. Mueller needs to go to the senate under oath and answer questions about his report. It’s a 1 sided report that hasn’t been cross examined.
Can't wait. You'll see how easy it is for this guy to look honest answering questions compared to Barr.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Your posts makes no sense.
A secure room has been provided where both parties can go review the unredacted report.
The report has been published.

There is no editing as much as you Trump haters would like to change the results.
I think Mueller might take issue with that...
Barr himself admitted that HE was involved in redacting Mueller’s report—
Which Mueller had provided in the summaries he gave Barr along with the unredacted report...

Old 05-02-2019, 06:26 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Your posts makes no sense.
A secure room has been provided where both parties can go review the unredacted report.
The report has been published.

There is no editing as much as you Trump haters would like to change the results.
Your post makes no sense.

The full report has not been published nor is it available for Democrats to review in a secure room.

Only 6 Democrats and 6 Republicans can review a "less redacted report." They must swear themselves to secrecy if they do this.

This is a clumsy attempt to deceive them into supporting the Trump/Barr coverup.

As luck would have it, none of the Democrats are falling for it.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:26 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Yeah, his argument is that Barr wanted to mislead the public by making public the full 400 pages report minus the less than 10% redaction required by law.
Well, according to the author of the Report, Barr did mislead the public by publishing his own conclusions without having read the report instead of publishing the summary prepared by the authors of the report for public release. The only possible reason I can think of for doing so was to intentionally mislead the public with the belief that “the first impression is the most important” and in hopes that Americans either wouldn’t read or wouldn’t understand the report once released. So, yes, objectively it appears that Barr intended to mislead the public.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
Can't wait. You'll see how easy it is for this guy to look honest answering questions compared to Barr.
I think we will find that Barr backs out on his assertion that he has no problem with Mueller testifying before the Senate or House committees...
I would be willing to bet that Barr will put handcuffs on Mueller as to what and how much he can reveal about the investigation, Mueller’s and Barr’s conversations/communications, and Mueller’s constrained-by-the-OLC’s memo decision about how he framed Trump’s level of guilt...

There are points Barr cannot afford to have Mueller testify to because doing so would prove Barr has already lied under oath...

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Mueller didn't indict because of DOJ policy to not indict the sitting president. Seriously, that's in the report. He said they did not have sufficient evidence to exonerate the president. Then Barr said in summary, well, I haven't seen the actual evidence, but I'll exonerate him, because he's a Trump lackey at this point.

Didn't Mueller come out and say, if it was there, he would have said it was there? Well, it was not there....

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Well, according to the author of the Report, Barr did mislead the public by publishing his own conclusions without having read the report instead of publishing the summary prepared by the authors of the report for public release. The only possible reason I can think of for doing so was to intentionally mislead the public to believe the report under the belief that “the first impression is the most important” and in hopes that Americans either wouldn’t read or wouldn’t understand the report once released. So, yes, objectively it appears that Barr intended to mislead the public.
We all know this is exactly what went on.

Barr gave Trump a month to peddle his BS about being exonerated. The Mueller report specifically states this is not the case. Report also clearly states that DOJ policies prevent bringing charges, so this has been left to Congress to conclude.

Trump and the Banana Republicans can now devote the next several months lying about how "it is over," and "no fair."

Old 05-02-2019, 06:30 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,185,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Well, according to the author of the Report, Barr did mislead the public by publishing his own conclusions without having read the report instead of publishing the summary prepared by the authors of the report for public release. The only possible reason I can think of for doing so was to intentionally mislead the public with the belief that “the first impression is the most important” and in hopes that Americans either wouldn’t read or wouldn’t understand the report once released. So, yes, objectively it appears that Barr intended to mislead the public.
Bingo. The fact that more than 0 posters on this board make any reference to Barr's 4 pager tells me people took it at face value.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:31 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
This is an excellent post by someone who has clearly read the report. The website won't let me continue to give reputation points, so I figured I'd publicly commend you.

It's a useless post, because he is the one who moved the goal post...go back and read my other posts where I quote him, then go read the original post I quoted and you will see who moved the goal post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies