Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 06:31 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Your post makes no sense.

The full report has not been published nor is it available for Democrats to review in a secure room.

Only 6 Democrats and 6 Republicans can review a "less redacted report." They must swear themselves to secrecy if they do this.

This is a clumsy attempt to deceive them into supporting the Trump/Barr coverup.

As luck would have it, none of the Democrats are falling for it.
LUCK isn’t the reason they are refusing to help Barr and thus Trump further compromise the Mueller Report...

Barr (and Trump sycophants at large) are putting lot of faith in the courts to enable their attempts to compromise the Constitutional legitimacy of Congress to conduct oversight into how the WH and DoJ are operating...
I guess they think they have compromised the Supreme Court enough that they have the balance of power in any ultimate judicial decision...

My concern—my greatest fear—is that they might be right...
I have lot of faith in the lower courts because at this point there still is a balance of power to judges who do take the law more seriously than political agenda...
But I know that Gorsuch and Kavanaugh especially while they SAY they are strict Constitutionalists, really aren’t—they will convolute the Constitution to serve the interests of their political pimps...
Roberts holds the balance of power and he might still have a conscience...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 06:32 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...are these the same democrats that were screaming Kavanaugh lied....impeach Kavanaugh
I’m not a Democrat. I’m not relying on the Democrats’ interpretation of the situation. I read Barr’s summary, Mueller’s letter, and the Report itself. I watched Barr’s pre-release press conference and his Senate testimony. He was being intentionally evasive by parsing the meaning of words to give a false impression without outright lying. He was less than forthcoming, at best, and intentionally misleading, at worst.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:32 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,186,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's a useless post, because he is the one who moved the goal post...go back and read my other posts where I quote him, then go read the original post I quoted and you will see who moved the goal post...
He's been posting consistently well. I'm not going like 3 posts back. That's probably several pages ago. If you want copy and paste here and I'll read it.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:33 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
No, they don’t speak for themselves. Mueller needs to go to the senate under oath and answer questions about his report. It’s a 1 sided report that hasn’t been cross examined.
You never answered the question, since the Mueller report speaks for itself as Linsey Graham indicated why did we need the Mueller report tour by Barr prior to the release, after two years of waiting what was the rush for Barr's version.

Yes I would like to see Mueller testify, you can see what class and integrity looks like compared to a political hack like Barr.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:35 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Barr is running scared
And the fact that he IS running scared proves there is reason to be concerned

The attempt to characterize Mueller’s letter as “snotty” and “written by one of his staff members” was pathetic —- and reminiscent of how Trump == who has no true education or command of the English language == puts down comments that threaten him and his actions

Barr wasn’t able to destroy Mueller’s letter because he KNOWS Mueller wrote it and he knows how significant it is that Mueller put his concerns in writing and SENT COPIES to other entities to prevent Barr from stonewalling the letter....
Just ask yourself in the two years that Mueller’s investigation has done investigations and the thousands of pages of testimony, court documents, intelligence reports, communications between team members—ALL that paperwork—-and NOTHING was given to the public OR to government entities before>>>>

Why???
Because Mueller believes in the rule of saw, separation of powers, and NOT being political about his duties....
Now seeing Barr totally subvert HIS role as AG to protect the separation of powers and the rule of law, Mueller knew his only recourse was to go public and provide proof that Barr was subverted to Trump’s side, to protect the president at all costs—-including sacrificing the honor of the DoJ....
Barr has totally compromised the DoJ in the way Trump has been trying to smear its efforts to save his ass...

So, where is Mueller stating that the phone conversation that was heard by many about this letter, stating that the phone conversation is incorrect, the way barr stated? Mueller is going to destroy his OWN letter by not speaking up.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:36 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I didn’t interpret the report. In fact, it doesn’t need interpreting. Mueller was quite clear in which of Trump’s acts he thought may be criminal and why. He also explained, quite clearly, why it was up to Congress now or a Prosecutor after Trump leaves office to make the final determination as to whether those actions should be criminally prosecuted. Mueller left virtually no room for spin or interpretation on his conclusions in that regard.

Again, you appear to be unable comprehend what Mueller plainly wrote. He concluded that DoJ regulations prohibit a sitting President from being indicted so, given those constraints he would not formally accuse Trump of a crime and leave it to those with the power to do so. If Barr believes a sitting President can not be indicted (as he has expressly stated before), he has no more power than Mueller to indict the President. In light of Mueller’s adherence to DoJ regulations, it was inappropriate for Barr to pass judgment on whether Trump’s acts were criminal. This is doubly true where, as here, Barr hadn’t even looked at the evidence before reaching that conclusion.

I note that no one has come up with a plausible reason as to why Barr refused to release Mueller’s “executive summary” which we now know could have been released without redaction, other than to mislead the public.
" Mueller was quite clear in which of Trump’s acts he thought may be criminal and why"

" he thought may be criminal"

Mueller was QUITE CLEAR he and his team could NOT find enough evidence to INDICT!

Mueller and his TEAM, mostly dem hillary supporters, were CHOSEN because of their EXPERTISE in LAW.

His JOB was to INVESTIGATE and IF evidence is found INDICT. NO INDICTMENTS MEANS NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO TAKE IT TO COURT.

Put your self in the same situation. YOU are THOUGHT to be guilty of raping a teenage girl.

Your prints are found at the scene, NOTHING MORE. There is NOT ENOUGH "evidence" to charge you.

Should the populous grab you and string you up becuae SOME think you are guilty even though the greatest investigators in the country could NOT FIND ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO PROVE it in COURT?

Imagine what precedent that would do to our judicial system.

You either you HAVE ENOUGH evidence or you DON'T. PERIOD!

Old 05-02-2019, 06:36 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Get a life lefties, your old one is broken.

"The Mueller Witch Hunt is completely OVER!" @SeanHannity
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Old 05-02-2019, 06:39 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
Mueller didn't indict because of DOJ policy to not indict the sitting president. Seriously, that's in the report. He said they did not have sufficient evidence to exonerate the president. Then Barr said in summary, well, I haven't seen the actual evidence, but I'll exonerate him, because he's a Trump lackey at this point.
Or maybe it would be stupid to indict someone for obstruction of investigation of a non-existent crime, especially since he didn’t obstruct a damn thing. He might have railed in private about the investigation, but no one was fired, he never claimed executive privilege and produced everything that was requested (nearly unheard of in Washington).

Barr released a summary as is his right to do, and all the handwringing about Mueller’s letter doesn’t change the fact that everything he wanted released in his 19-page summary was released within two weeks along with the rest of the report.

The Democrats look ridiculous now, especially since some of them had the opportunity to read the entire report with minimal redactions and not one of them have done so.

Last edited by katygirl68; 05-02-2019 at 07:06 AM..

Old 05-02-2019, 06:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Barr is running scared
And the fact that he IS running scared proves there is reason to be concerned

The attempt to characterize Mueller’s letter as “snotty” and “written by one of his staff members” was pathetic —- and reminiscent of how Trump == who has no true education or command of the English language == puts down comments that threaten him and his actions
You didn't watch the proceedings, did you? Barr runs the DOJ and is the top Law Enforcement officer in the US. He's not running scared. You're about to see criminal indictments on many of the real criminals like Comey, Strozk, and McCabe.

And speaking of command of the English language... He said the report was "A bit Snitty"

Maybe you need to review with such a bad memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvttOX27SKs

Old 05-02-2019, 06:41 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Mueller was quite clear in which of Trump’s acts he thought may be criminal and why"

" he thought may be criminal"

Mueller and his TEAM, mosty dem hillary supporters, were CHOSEN because of their EXPERTISE in LAW.

His JOB was to INVESTIGATE and IF evidence is found INDICT. NO INDICTMENTS MEANS NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO TAKE IT TO COURT.

Put your self in the same situation. YOU are THOUGHT to be guilty of raping a teenage girl.

Your prints are found at the scene, NOTHING MORE. There is NOT ENOUGH "evidence" to charge you.

Should the populous grab you and string you up becuae SOME think you are guilty even though the greatest investigators in the country could NOT FIND ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO PROVE it in COURT?

Imagine what precedent that would do to our judicial system.
First, your rape analogy doesn’t work because there is no regulation preventing a prosecutor from indicting the rapist. Trump is in a unique situation that cannot be compared to a run-of-the-mill crime. Second, the Mueller Report carefully and clearly explains why he investigated Trump’s actions despite knowing he could not be indicted - read it for yourself. Third, in this instance, Mueller clearly says “no indictment does not mean not enough evidence” but instead that “no indictment means I’m prohibited from indicting by DoJ policy, regardless of how compelling the evidence is or is not.” Again, it’s all right there. Read it for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies