Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 06:52 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

This thread should be out of its misery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,561 posts, read 2,183,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Barr has told us all many times what he published was not a summery of the report.

Barr published a bottom line of the report. He left Muellers Summery to stand to be published with the report.

He made it very clear he did not publish a summary of the report.
I'm speechless.

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Get a life lefties, your old one is broken.

"The Mueller Witch Hunt is completely OVER!" @SeanHannity
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
As I posted earlier—consider the source...
Characterizing Mueller’s report as a witch hunt is pure Roy Cohn via Trump...

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
-Mueller is a Republican
-Mueller never stated he didn't have enough evidence. He said he didn't take it to court because of DOJ policy to not indict a sitting president. This is in the report. Making baseless claims to the contrary makes no sense. He never says in the report he didn't have enough evidence to indict, but he does say he doesn't have enough evidence to exonerate. And then he explains why he didn't move toward indicting (DOJ policy about indicting the president). You should read that part of the report.
"-Mueller is a Republican" Have YOU seen his voter registration crd?

Have you stood next to him each ad every time he has voted?

I KEPT by voter registration as a DEM for YEARS does NOT mean I WAS a dem.

Mueller, Comey AND Rosenstein are known as "The AMIGOS" for reason.

Look it up.

"He never says in the report he didn't have enough evidence to indict,"
He NEVER said he HAD enough evidence either.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:54 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The only people who were in a rush to judgement to get Mueller’s report out were the GOP/Trump acolytes
I can't believe you even said that.

From the instant the Mueller report was released The Democrats and their clowns in the media started screaming about the Immediate release of the report complete un-redacted knowing fully that would be illegal.

They wet their pants thinking it would even take 2-3 days to get the report released. It was Vultures circling.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:55 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Hey man, he's using CAPS LOCK so that makes him authoritative and more correct in spite of what the support says.
What's the MATTER, NOT enough guts to CALL ME OUT personally?

Typical chickenlib!

" it’s hard to understand a person’s intended tone. So, people will often capitalize certain words and phrases to show emphasis. While this may be okay to do in a personal text or email, it doesn’t work for a book or professional publication.

How does that CROW taste?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-02-2019 at 07:03 AM..

Old 05-02-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"-Mueller is a Republican" Have YOU seen his voter registration crd?

Have you stood next to him each ad every time he has voted?

I KEPT by voter registration as a DEM for YEARS does NOT mean I WAS a dem.

Mueller, Comey AND Rosenstein are known as "The AMIGOS" for reason.

Look it up.

"He never says in the report he didn't have enough evidence to indict,"
He NEVER said he HAD enough evidence either.
I have not stood next to Mueller. It is documented he's supported multiple Republicans in the past.

LOL, the amigos. I looked it up. Just a bunch of websites that are literally too low brow for Breitbart even.

If the evidence exonerated Trump, wouldn't he say it? Why even discuss his reasoning for not indicting if the evidence exonerated him?

Old 05-02-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What's the MATTER, NOT enough guts to CALL ME OUT personally?

Typical lib!
I quoted the guy who quoted you. Is that not enough?

I'm not a liberal. I'm a moderate who supports various Democrats and Republicans.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:59 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
I'm speechless.
Try “gob-smacked”
That is usually my reaction when I read something so obtuse...

I just think back to the report I read about Comey and Brennan going to the leaders of the Trump campaign with the news that there was concern Russia had infiltrated the election and “tried” to compromise the result in favor of Trump
Don Jr, Kushner, and the others in the meeting has no reaction to the fact that a foreign power were subverting the democratic voting process...
They cared not about how far it went, who were involved, how to stop it from happening again—
Their own concern was about “spinning the truth of the involvement” so that it didn’t damage Trump
It was all about MEDIA PERCEPTION and protecting the image of Trump

And this is all Barr is offering—to spin media perception and protect the image of Trump and prevent dispersal of the truths of the investigation...

Old 05-02-2019, 07:02 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
I realized that yesterdays hearing opened a lot of peoples eyes around here since most people haven't read the report. Some people didn't realize Individual 1 and his campaign had over 200 contacts with Russia, shared polling data with the Kremlin, lied about a Moscow Tower for Putin and set up Kremlin meetings that they lied about over and over again. Barr(who didn't look at the obstruction evidence), Graham (who didn't read the full report) and the other Republicans only strengthened the argument that they can't be trusted. When Mueller called out Barr's summary twice as failing to capture the context of the report, it justified what many people have been saying about the "Roy Cohn" AG and his summary for weeks.

I'm glad that Democrats have asked the IG and DOJ Ethics to look into Barr's handling of the Mueller report. Even Yates (former Deputy AG) who won't sell her soul for the corrupt president stated there was more than enough evidence to indict on obstruction. If Barr can't be trusted by Mueller to lay out the facts and context of a report, how can he be trusted with all the other investigations? Hopefully, the IG will look into his actions quickly.

Individual 1 only has 18 months left so an impeachment probably isn't justified without more hearings but may be less beneficial than the upcoming election. But Democrats should open an impeachment inquiry so the GOP and Barr's feet can be held to the fire with their televised testimony, failure to make a charging decision on 10 episodes of obstruction without reviewing the evidence, failure to disclose Mueller's executive reports, spewing the president's talking points and "feelings" at a pre-release press conference", discounting McGahn's under oath testimony about attempted firing of Mueller when the president won't even testify under oath, GOP members like Burr that leaked info to the WH,etc.

Most Americans didn't agree with impeaching Nixon until televised hearings and evidence was set forward. Then there was overwhelming support for his resignation. Even though most Americans don't approve of the president, agree that he committed crimes and won't vote for him in 2020, an impeachment inquiry will force the GOP to answer for their complicity so they can be voted out as well.

Quote:
The televised Watergate hearings that began in May 1973, chaired by Senator Samuel Ervin, commanded a large national audience — 71% told Gallup they watched the hearings live. And as many as 21% reported watching 10 hours or more of the Ervin proceedings. Not too surprisingly, Nixon’s popularity took a severe hit. His ratings fell as low as 31%, in Gallup’s early August survey.
Quote:
Yet, despite the increasingly negative views of Nixon at that time, most Americans continued to reject the notion that Nixon should leave office, according to Gallup. Just 26% thought he should be impeached and forced to resign, while 61% did not.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...richard-nixon/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies