Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2019, 11:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Tell all that to your democrat "intelligence" community.
If you’re gonna quote me, at least respond to the facts I presented. Lol..geez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 11:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Keep wishing it but the bombs won't be coming.
Hmmm...yeah. I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Trump wants this battle REAL bad, and so do his minions. More importantly, so does Netanyahu...and he knows all the right buttons to push with Trump.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:54 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,872,159 times
Well things are continuing to escalate...

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index...e-gov-t-denies

https://www.foxnews.com/world/saudi-...botage-attacks

Old 05-13-2019, 04:01 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, as usual - he said everything.........so he always wins because if you take all sides of every issue you can never be wrong!

"The foreign policy positions expressed by Trump during his presidential campaign changed frequently, making it "difficult to glean a political agenda, or even a set of clear, core policy values ahead of his presidency." During his presidential inauguration speech, Trump said that during his presidency the U.S. would "not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example. We will shine for everyone to follow." He also stated that his administration would "seek friendship and goodwill with the nations of the world," and that he understands the "right of all nations to put their own interests first."

I don't see anything there about occupying the world and not thinking that other nations have interests...including chasing us out of certain places!
Wow I think that this is the first time that we have ever agreed. LOL

Old 05-13-2019, 04:53 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hmmm...yeah. I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Trump wants this battle REAL bad, and so do his minions. More importantly, so does Netanyahu...and he knows all the right buttons to push with Trump.
I guess this could be real in your mind.
Never mind that Trump has never shown any interest in pushing any wars like Obama did for his entire 8 years.

Not one innocent killed by a drone under Trump so far.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:02 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I guess this could be real in your mind.
Never mind that Trump has never shown any interest in pushing any wars like Obama did for his entire 8 years.

Not one innocent killed by a drone under Trump so far.
Trump hasn't really done much of anything as far as our involvement in Syria, Yemen and Afghanistan. We were involved in Syria and Libya under Obama but to a minor degree, some of the hawks wanted more, he did put an end to the war in Iraq but we are still a presence.

Trump seems to think its still 1944 and feels bluster and threats are the answer, his policy is to support anything Israel wants in the ME.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:05 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump hasn't really done much of anything as far as our involvement in Syria, Yemen and Afghanistan. We were involved in Syria and Libya under Obama but to a minor degree, some of the hawks wanted more, he did put an end to the war in Iraq but we are still a presence.

Trump seems to think its still 1944 and feels bluster and threats are the answer, his policy is to support anything Israel wants in the ME.
Let’s hope he doesn’t bomb hospitals and schools with drones like the last guy.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
ahhh -- all about the Saudi oil headed for the USA.

Oh this is dangerous for Trump.

Do American voters really want Americans to go to war because of oil?
Haven't we been here before?

Old 05-13-2019, 07:17 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Where are the battlefields? Yemen and Syria, and just about everywhere else other than Iran.
I guess you thought that was a significant remark, since you did make it.

But it means nothing. The point of having a proxy war is to not fight it on your own territory.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:19 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Yes, but only if you could explain who is fighting who with what and for what purpose.
In Yemen, Shiite rebels are fighting a Sunni central government. Iran is backing the Shiite rebels, Saudi Arabia is backing the Sunni government (with US assistance).

Does the US really have an interest? No. The US is just doing what Saudi Arabia wants it to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies