Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 08:05 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,567,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I wonder how many of the White minority want to get the heck outta dodge, but can't????

South Africa has become a hell-hole for whites. Have a couple of white friends from South Africa that were desperate to leave the country because of what it has become and the discrimination and dangers that whites face there now. It was very difficult for them to get out, but fortunately they made it to the United States. It was really an eye-opener hearing their stories.

I hope that people realize that all of this identity politics stuff is not so innocent. The people at the top want to subvert the white race. Look at the media and pop culture campaigns too. It is very easy to see these days. Of course saying this stuff, even though it is true, will be falsely branded as white-nationalism by the same individuals looking to subvert the white race in the media, pop culture, etc. It is some twisted advanced social engineering. But just take a look at South Africa for the blueprint........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 08:10 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
That is the problem with oppressing a population for centuries, they tend not to forget and forgive so quickly.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:23 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,810,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
South Africa has become a hell-hole for whites. Have a couple of white friends from South Africa that were desperate to leave the country because of what it has become and the discrimination and dangers that whites face there now. It was very difficult for them to get out, but fortunately they made it to the United States. It was really an eye-opener hearing their stories.

I hope that people realize that all of this identity politics stuff is not so innocent. The people at the top want to subvert the white race. Look at the media and pop culture campaigns too. It is very easy to see these days. Of course saying this stuff, even though it is true, will be falsely branded as white-nationalism by the same individuals looking to subvert the white race in the media, pop culture, etc. It is some twisted advanced social engineering. But just take a look at South Africa for the blueprint........
I agree with this. We white people need to stop letting others (and other leftists whitepeople) tell us we need to accept being demonized. We do not need to be ashamed of our history or our culture. We have committed no more sins than most other race groups but ours seem to be magnified. This only goes on because we allow it. It does not make us racist to stand up to this crap or to call out other race groups for their racism and bad behavior. I do not care if they call us white nationalists.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:36 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
South Africa is ripe for a genocide against its white minority. There are political leaders over there who have threatened just that. There are militant white groups prepyto attempt a defense against something like that. I would not want to be in South Africa right now, something terrible is inevitable there.
I lived in South Africa for several years, moved there 9 years after apartheid ended, left in 2006.
There was some anti white violence in isolated incidents that did not get any press interest in 1994-1995, but it wasnt widespread. It was rumored that there would be genocide when Mandela died, it didnt happen. There were other events also that would supposedly trigger genocide against whites that did not happen.

Yes, the high rate of white farm murders are often revenge motivated despite what the SA govt claims. The legal revocation of land rights is also a problem, yes.

But so far, there hasnt been a real effort of genocide. I keep in touch with friends there still.

I think the biggest problem for whites in SA right now is the rising popularity of the EFF party.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post

The white people at the top created apartheid.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I lived in South Africa for several years, moved there 9 years after apartheid ended, left in 2006.
There was some anti white violence in isolated incidents that did not get any press interest in 1994-1995, but it wasnt widespread. It was rumored that there would be genocide when Mandela died, it didnt happen. There were other events also that would supposedly trigger genocide against whites that did not happen.

Yes, the high rate of white farm murders are often revenge motivated despite what the SA govt claims. The legal revocation of land rights is also a problem, yes.

But so far, there hasnt been a real effort of genocide. I keep in touch with friends there still.

I think the biggest problem for whites in SA right now is the rising popularity of the EFF party.
I had wealthy Afrikaners as neighbors in NJ. To say they felt conflicted was an understatement. They understood their way of life was ending and immigrated to the US in the early 90’s.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
That is the problem with oppressing a population for centuries, they tend not to forget and forgive so quickly.
Attributed to LBJ :

“ When you put your boot on a man’s neck and hold him down for 300 years and then you let him up, what’s he going to do? He’s going to knock your block off.”

Old 05-08-2019, 09:52 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If it’s private property, who cares.
Laws and the constitution also apply to whatever is going on on private property.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:31 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I had wealthy Afrikaners as neighbors in NJ. To say they felt conflicted was an understatement. They understood their way of life was ending and immigrated to the US in the early 90’s.
I met a lot of conflicted whites while I was living there. They knew that apartheid was very wrong, even while growing up and living with the racial privilege they had. I also met a handful of bitter (mostly older) whites who longed for the "good old days".

The conflicted whites saw that many whites post apartheid were being actively pushed out of or rejected for jobs by BEE policies, and which were completely being filled by blacks (many ANC connected) that could not perform in the jobs. I saw it myself, "electricians" and "telephone technicians" at my house that had absolutely no idea what they were doing, demanding I pay them despite having done nothing but show up.

Conflicted whites also saw corruption in govt and violent crime explode, with revolving door justice for black criminals.

Post apartheid violent crime was a factor that effected everybody (including myself on several occasions). Likely the #1 problem in the country for all people there. Criminality simply exploded post apartheid. It went from a police state to anarchy almost overnight. Many whites that could afford to leave (and a few blacks that could afford it also) listed crime as the reason they left, not politics.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:36 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
In view of decades of horrible treatment during Apartheid, I find it impressive how peaceful and forgiving most black SAns are. How little revenge there has been. If strangers from another continent had come to my continent, stolen our land and killed and abused lots of my fellow natives, I am not sure I would have been so generous as black SAns are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies