Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 07:32 PM

3,649 posts, read 3,786,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
That is the problem with oppressing a population for centuries, they tend not to forget and forgive so quickly.
This isn't a simple issue of race. There are strong tribal divisions. Those currently in power are as harsh and violent on members of other tribes, not just whites. And the majority of those in power at this time, are not native to SA.

(This according to visiting business men and women and a couple college professors, from a minority tribe)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 09:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
They should get the heck out of Dodge.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:05 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
By prohibiting Blacks from being in Eureka, said persons are no better than those they claim are discriminating against them. And the "white only" towns are nothing new. South Africa had this under the Apartheid regime. Blacks were forcefully corralled into the "townships" and "bantustans". During Apartheid, Blacks didn't have a say. There were very few areas Blacks could own land. There has been a history of "white only" towns in South Africa. The reason I am such a critic of it is because this is basically a left over of the Apartheid era. The difference now is that the government isn't sanctioning it.

And something else. Safety is a reason many people cite as a motivation for White-only towns. I watched a documentary that Louis Theroux presented. He went into Owendale. The woman he spoke to had some very sad views of Black people. She said "White people are the chosen people" and that "the races must remain separate". She also said "White people should never be ruled by Blacks". And she said that this was part of her religion.

I know that there are alot of farm killings. This is why I am in favor of people using guns to defend themselves. On the other hand, I don't like what I'm seeing in South Africa. Apartheid needed to end. The way things were going, it wasn't a whole nation. I also don't like where the government currently is in South Africa. ZA was suppose to be the rainbow nation, a South Africa for ALL. There are still alot of scars from Apartheid. Alot needs to be done so that South Africa doesn't turn into Zimbabwe. If South Africa's government does what Zimbabwe did, it won't be good for anyone. I just want South Africa to do better. It is such a beautiful country. It is a country that has done away with Apartheid, as far as the government goes. Everyone can vote. However, South Africa cannot be whole if it continues to have "white only" towns, people threatening to have land expropriation without compensation. In order for South Africa to stay a truly democratic nation, it needs to be a South Africa for ALL.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:11 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
By prohibiting Blacks from being in Eureka, said persons are no better than those they claim are discriminating against them. And the "white only" towns are nothing new. South Africa had this under the Apartheid regime. Blacks were forcefully corralled into the "townships" and "bantustans". During Apartheid, Blacks didn't have a say. There were very few areas Blacks could own land. There has been a history of "white only" towns in South Africa. The reason I am such a critic of it is because this is basically a left over of the Apartheid era. The difference now is that the government isn't sanctioning it.

And something else. Safety is a reason many people cite as a motivation for White-only towns. I watched a documentary that Louis Theroux presented. He went into Owendale. The woman he spoke to had some very sad views of Black people. She said "White people are the chosen people" and that "the races must remain separate". She also said "White people should never be ruled by Blacks". And she said that this was part of her religion.

I know that there are alot of farm killings. This is why I am in favor of people using guns to defend themselves. On the other hand, I don't like what I'm seeing in South Africa. Apartheid needed to end. The way things were going, it wasn't a whole nation. I also don't like where the government currently is in South Africa. ZA was suppose to be the rainbow nation, a South Africa for ALL. There are still alot of scars from Apartheid. Alot needs to be done so that South Africa doesn't turn into Zimbabwe. If South Africa's government does what Zimbabwe did, it won't be good for anyone. I just want South Africa to do better. It is such a beautiful country. It is a country that has done away with Apartheid, as far as the government goes. Everyone can vote. However, South Africa cannot be whole if it continues to have "white only" towns, people threatening to have land expropriation without compensation. In order for South Africa to stay a truly democratic nation, it needs to be a South Africa for ALL.

SA is indeed turning into another Zimbabwe, no stopping the momentum.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:48 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,123,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
That is the problem with oppressing a population for centuries, they tend not to forget and forgive so quickly.
So my friends family should be put on the street because of their skin color. They must relinquish everything, because their grandfather was in the apartheid era. They must be punished for their ancestors actions. What absolute garbage. Really can't believe what I just read. If you got your way, you would want reparations from all white's in the united states. This mentality makes it extremely hard to vote Democrat.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:24 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
SA is indeed turning into another Zimbabwe, no stopping the momentum.
If the new government can prevent, maybe it doesn't have to happen. And Zimbabwe is starting to turn a corner.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:48 AM

9,984 posts, read 5,686,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If the new government can prevent, maybe it doesn't have to happen. And Zimbabwe is starting to turn a corner.
The new government has no interest in preventing it, they're actively fomenting it. And it's a stretch to say Zimbabwe is "turning a corner." The new leader has promised to compensate farmers whose land was appropriated but that's about the only change from the old regime. Zimbabwe is as corrupt today as it was yesterday and it will be just as corrupt tomorrow as it is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies