Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 03:45 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
Unfortunately. I can buy a town and set it up as a private entity and NO ONE can do jack about it. I considered it once upon a time. I would still love to do that but cost lots of money...
Well, you'd have to provide your own services.

You still have not answered my question. What makes Forsyth County a cesspool? I visited and saw nothing resembling a cesspoll. It's alot nicer than some parts of metro Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 03:47 PM

623 posts, read 233,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, you'd have to provide your own services.

You still have not answered my question. What makes Forsyth County a cesspool? I visited and saw nothing resembling a cesspoll. It's alot nicer than some parts of metro Atlanta.
Its a disgusting crowded dump. Traffic,trashy people,drugs, it was once a really nice clean small town. Not anymore and one of my favorite closer towns to shop in Dawsonville is next up...its already expanding.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Its a disgusting crowded dump. Traffic,trashy people,drugs, it was once a really nice clean small town. Not anymore and one of my favorite closer towns to shop in Dawsonville is next up...its already expanding.
I've been to Forsyth County. I didn't see any drugs and disgusting stuff. Alot of traffic yes. I don't like the heavy traffic either, but cesspool? I'll take a place like Forsyth County over a place like Paulding County or Douglas County.

How long have you lived in FC? You talk as if you remembed the "good old days"?

Personally, anything outside of metro Atlanta I wouldn't want to live there. Too far away from the amenities that I require. Any place where Confederate flags fly in large numbers, forget it. I already live in a place where people fly that rag. As soon as I get enough money, I'm getting away from there.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:55 PM

623 posts, read 233,995 times
Quote:
I've been to Forsyth County. I didn't see any drugs and disgusting stuff. Alot of traffic yes. I don't like the heavy traffic either, but cesspool? I'll take a place like Forsyth County over a place like Paulding County or Douglas County.

How long have you lived in FC? You talk as if you remembed the "good old days"?

Personally, anything outside of metro Atlanta I wouldn't want to live there. Too far away from the amenities that I require. Any place where Confederate flags fly in large numbers, forget it. I already live in a place where people fly that rag. As soon as I get enough money, I'm getting away from there.
I don't live in FC but within 40 miles of it...what amenities? I live probably 75 miles from Atlanta and there isn't enough money in the world someone could pay me to live in Atlanta...nope! No way. lol.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I don't live in FC but within 40 miles of it...what amenities? I live probably 75 miles from Atlanta and there isn't enough money in the world someone could pay me to live in Atlanta...nope! No way. lol.
You speak as if you used to live there. And you speak ill of it.

I work in the city in Atlanta. I would prefer living in the city so that I don't have to commute for over an hour every morning. That way I can be near better public transportation. I would prefer to be within close range of places like Marietta and Sandy Springs. I like being able be relatively close to places like The Battery (where the new Braves stadium is). I live having walkable places nearby (I don't live in a walkable area).

I would live in Atlanta, or some place like Sandy Springs, parts of Marietta. Rent is costly. Most of my paycheck would go to rent. Parts of Atlanta are a cesspool. Other parts are nice. I wouldn't live in Forsyth only because it's kind of remote compared to other parts of metro Atlanta.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:25 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post

I ecountered more far left types among Afrikaaners than far right types. Many were of the high tax, mother govt takes care of everything mindset also. Seems they would fit right in to western/northern Europe for the most part.
Well, you gotta remember that when the Nats took power in 1948, they made it a welfare state....for white people, especially Afrikaners. The Coloured, Indians, and Blacks? They got crumbs.

Government departments (including the defence and police agencies) and state enterprises, called parastatals, were big employers of Afrikaners. Boer welfare, if you like.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:41 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Well they are caught in a catch-22 it seems like. If they are successful in chasing out or killing all of the Europeans, with them will go all the jobs and civilized society they begrudgingly enjoy. It will collapse into 3rd world crap hole and it will nobody's fault but their own.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, you gotta remember that when the Nats took power in 1948, they made it a welfare state....for white people, especially Afrikaners. The Coloured, Indians, and Blacks? They got crumbs.

Government departments (including the defence and police agencies) and state enterprises, called parastatals, were big employers of Afrikaners. Boer welfare, if you like.
One reason I'm glad Apartheid is over. It should be one South Africa for everyone. Apartheid was basically Nazism in the Southern Hemisphere.

What I don't like is what is going on now. Revenge isn't going to make South Africa any better.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:10 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
One reason I'm glad Apartheid is over. It should be one South Africa for everyone. Apartheid was basically Nazism in the Southern Hemisphere.

What I don't like is what is going on now. Revenge isn't going to make South Africa any better.
Well, things got bad when Zuma got in power and enriched his cronies. Hopefully things will be better with Ramaphosa, who was and is a pretty skillful politician, and probably has the best hope to clean up the system. Elections are today (May 8) so we shall see whether this will help or hinder him.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, things got bad when Zuma got in power and enriched his cronies. Hopefully things will be better with Ramaphosa, who was and is a pretty skillful politician, and probably has the best hope to clean up the system. Elections are today (May 8) so we shall see whether this will help or hinder him.
I don't think Ramaphosa will be any better. The ANC isn't the same party it was under Mandela. I've been following some of the politics in South Africa. Hopefully Ramaphosa will do better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies