Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 07:48 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,079,113 times

Advertisements

I watched the movie Fahrenheit 11/9, and I found the water crisis interesting, so I looked it up and did research, since I actually never heard of this before.

So the Michigan government wanted to build a new water pipeline, but during this they changed Flint getting it's water from Lake Huron, to the Flint river, when the town could have just been getting it's water from Huron in the meantime, while the pipeline was being built.

This lead to a lot of the Flint citizens getting lead poisoning. But it turns out that people in the medical field were payed to conspire to lie on the test results, showing the lead to be much lower than it actually was in people.

So obviously this Flint water crisis was not just an accident, and there was an actual conspiracy that was pre-planned to poison every one with lead, and keep it on going, since people were payed to keep the test results a secret.

But why would the Michigan government want to poison an entire town of theirs? The movie never goes into the motive, and in my research, no motive is revealed either. I got the who, what, where, but not the why. What was the motivation behind it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 07:51 PM

4,523 posts, read 1,872,966 times
I think liberal incompetence is so powerful that sometimes its consequences make it appear as malicious and intentional acts.

It’s really just low IQ individuals making decisions...

Old 05-12-2019, 07:54 PM

But why the co-conspired cover up then, if an actual motive was not in play here?

Also in the movie they talk about how the army decided to use Flint's abandoned buildings as a military training ground, after the water crisis? Why would they use the town for that, after the town is poisoned? It seems some plan was in play here, but cannot figure out what.

Also if this was just incompetence, then why move the current pipeling from the Huron source to the Flint river source, while the new one was being built? What's the reason for the move? It seems to me that there was no reason, and that the building of the new pipeline, was used as an excuse to make the poisonous Flint water the new source, for some plan. But if not, then why the cover up after again?

Old 05-12-2019, 09:06 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,699,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I watched the movie Fahrenheit 11/9, and I found the water crisis interesting, so I looked it up and did research, since I actually never heard of this before.

But why would the Michigan government want to poison an entire town of theirs? The movie never goes into the motive, and in my research, no motive is revealed either. I got the who, what, where, but not the why. What was the motivation behind it?
C'mon, it's obvious.

It was MONEY AND CONTROL.

They didn't think they were going to poison people...even I (a liberal) would not imagine that. It was complete incompetence in that sense.

But what happens is the state takes over all these poor and abandoned towns (even tho these were many of the places that made America great) and then they attempt to give contracts to their friends, privatize and otherwise prove how great they are "at business" to the world.

"In an effort to save money, Flint begins drawing water from the Flint River"

"save money...you know, conservatives like to brag about that stuff!

"Flint" means the GOP controlled overseers in this case...who ran the city. Detroit even invited them to reconnect but the same "leaders" said the water was fine. They wanted to save face.

Only when the GOP Gov. KNOWS he is deep doo-doo does he declare it real

"Snyder declares a state of emergency in Flint, the same day federal officials confirm that they are investigating."

These people are effectively murderers..in fact some manslaughter charges are filed. BUT, if anyone thinks Rich Dudes like the Gov. are going to pay or sit in prison, they are crazy. Some lackey, as usual, will take the heat. That is the way the top guys stay protected from such "mistakes"...

Old 05-12-2019, 09:46 PM

14,808 posts, read 8,137,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I think liberal incompetence is so powerful that sometimes its consequences make it appear as malicious and intentional acts.

It’s really just low IQ individuals making decisions...
Liberal incompetence? It was run by the GOP back then.
(Certain parts of Michigan are very Conservative)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
C'mon, it's obvious.

It was MONEY AND CONTROL.

They didn't think they were going to poison people...even I (a liberal) would not imagine that. It was complete incompetence in that sense.

But what happens is the state takes over all these poor and abandoned towns (even tho these were many of the places that made America great) and then they attempt to give contracts to their friends, privatize and otherwise prove how great they are "at business" to the world.

"In an effort to save money, Flint begins drawing water from the Flint River"

"save money...you know, conservatives like to brag about that stuff!

"Flint" means the GOP controlled overseers in this case...who ran the city. Detroit even invited them to reconnect but the same "leaders" said the water was fine. They wanted to save face.

Only when the GOP Gov. KNOWS he is deep doo-doo does he declare it real

"Snyder declares a state of emergency in Flint, the same day federal officials confirm that they are investigating."

These people are effectively murderers..in fact some manslaughter charges are filed. BUT, if anyone thinks Rich Dudes like the Gov. are going to pay or sit in prison, they are crazy. Some lackey, as usual, will take the heat. That is the way the top guys stay protected from such "mistakes"...

Yeah, they were talking about it on a show I was watching, and it was all about trying to save money.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 05-12-2019 at 09:56 PM..

Old 05-12-2019, 09:51 PM

Oh okay, but how is Flint river water cheaper than pumping it out of Huron, especially when they are building a new pipeline, to be run out of Huron anyway?

Old 05-12-2019, 09:55 PM

14,808 posts, read 8,137,037 times
Quote:
Oh okay, but how is Flint river water cheaper than pumping it out of Huron, especially when they are building a new pipeline, to be run out of Huron anyway?

I took it at face value. Now, I wonder....here is an older article that I just found

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...t-saving-money

Old 05-12-2019, 10:12 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,602,249 times
Quote:

So the Michigan government wanted to build a new water pipeline, but during this they changed Flint getting it's water from Lake Huron, to the Flint river, when the town could have just been getting it's water from Huron in the meantime, while the pipeline was being built.

This lead to a lot of the Flint citizens getting lead poisoning. But it turns out that people in the medical field were payed to conspire to lie on the test results, showing the lead to be much lower than it actually was in people.

So obviously this Flint water crisis was not just an accident, and there was an actual conspiracy that was pre-planned to poison every one with lead, and keep it on going, since people were payed to keep the test results a secret.

All I know about it is they changed the water source and the people who are in charge of the water purification plant didn’t add the necessary chemicals to add a layer to the pipes to prevent lead from leaching into the water from the old pipes in the homes. If there was another group that noticed it and suppressed the information, it was probably just to cover people’s asses. I don’t think the State of Michigan wanted to destroy a town. It’s just one department covering up the incompetence of another department.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:25 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,602,249 times
William Starkey in Stephen King’s The Stand:
"Gentlemen, a regrettable incident has occurred. And when a regrettable incident occurs which involves any 'branch of the United States Military, we don't question the roots of that incident but rather how the branches may best be pruned.

"The service is mother and father to us. And if you find your mother raped or your father beaten and robbed, before you call the police or begin an investigation, you cover their nakedness. Because you love them." Starkey had never heard anyone talk so well before or since. — unnamed member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, March 16, 1968

Old 05-12-2019, 10:35 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times
Id like to hear all those people, who when the topic of conspiracy theories, come up, they always claim they are fake, due mostly to THAT many people not being able to maintain the secret!!

THis seems to show that plenty of people were perfectly fine with keeping this secret!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies