Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2019, 02:17 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
No, corruption is mostly a Democrat thing.
No surprise as the most corrupt cities are all Democrat controlled, year after year.

Chicago
Los Angeles
Manhattan, NY
Washington, DC
Miami
Newark
Cleveland
Philadelphia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 02:34 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Do you support an investigation of Biden's role in Ukraine? Do you support an investigation into the hiring of Hunter Biden?
I am dead set against people like Hunter Biden using his connections for monetary gain in other countries, that is pretty obviously why they selected him. Its amazing how many politicians and law firms used Ukraine as a cash cow but I'm not sure how they can prevent this. No I don't support an investigation of Hunter Biden, this is old news and even if we were to do an investigation it should have been the FBI not Trump and Giuliani.

There was more to the Manafort story and his actions in Ukraine, the Mueller investigation was limited because it was a foreign country and this would be more of the same. He was hired in 2014 and they are going to investigate him now in the middle of an election cycle, seems to me this is just about political reaction to the whistle blower complaint.

Any investigation needs to start with a crime, just using political connections is not a crime. If they have some information that Biden's company received favorable treatment then go for it but I don't see how the US would offer favorable treatment to a Ukraine gas company.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:36 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
And I might mention that he has zero experience in the energy field and yet was being paid $50,000 a month for his expertise while daddy was vice president?

No, there certainly isn't any corruption here!

Good job Democrats, so now its down to Breadline Bernie and Pocahontas?
Well then, how do you feel about the Javanka twins with zero experience in government, not qualified for security clearances getting jobs next to Daddy in the white house?

If you didn't know (I guess you didn't), it is actually common for companies to seat Board members without direct experience in the line of work of that particular company.

Why did they want Hunter Biden? It would not be a surprise to me if being the son of a US senator and vice president had something to do with his marketability. The oligarch who controlled that company might have welcomed the respectability high profile names on the board give to the company.

Rudy Giuliani does some similar, he aggressively markets his lobbying services (and implied access) around the world based on his reputation as the US president's lawyer and confidant. We would be very naïve to think that this kind of thing doesn't normally happen, it happens all of the time.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:38 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I think Biden might get to be investigated soon.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
This subject came up because of a whistle blower who didn't even get the information first hand.. It was the democrats that knocked it out of the ball park in the news media.. Biden spilled the beans on what he did , and it was on the back burner until the liberal media splashed it all over and tried to blame Trump for Biden's own corrupt words of holding money back for letting Biden's son's off the prosecutor's hooks.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:44 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
How come all of these strange and arcane things about Democrats are rarely revealed to the general public?

Isn't this supposed to be a Republican thing?
Because they hide things like Bill's molestation episodes with young girls and Hillary's dirty tactics but when it comes to Trump, they announce his hand size, self tanning lotion types, pictures of chocolate cake he ate last night, how many Big Macs he consumed last month, and other unimportant statistics.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:53 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Imagine the firestorm that the so-called MSM would produce if Vice President Pence's son were to get a job in Ukraine making $50,000 a month, then if Pence pressured Ukraine to fire the top prosecutor for investigating the son.

That is exactly what occurred with Biden, and he is on tape bragging about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCF9My1vBP4
Nonsense, the Prosecutor General was not investigating Hunter Biden in fact he wasn't investigating anyone including the Oligarchs. The IMF, EU and the entire international community wanted him removed including Biden. I didn't like him getting this sweet deal but it is not a crime.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:55 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Perfectly normal in the politi-sphere...

This is how these people enrich themselves through "public service".

Burisma ‘Clearly’ Paid Hunter Biden to Sell Influence, Says CNN Contributor

Joe Biden's family ties to an influence peddling scheme at a Ukrainian gas company could hurt the former vice president's 2020 campaign, political scientist Ian Bremmer told CNN on Tuesday.

"[Joe] Biden does have a problem here. I have to say $50,000 a month for Hunter Biden—clearly to be selling influence because otherwise, no one would ever pay him that kind of money—for a company that, frankly, was pretty corrupt and has been before and has been since under investigation," Bremmer said.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:58 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
No surprise as the most corrupt cities are all Democrat controlled, year after year.

Chicago
Los Angeles
Manhattan, NY
Washington, DC
Miami
Newark
Cleveland
Philadelphia
How do you define corrupt?

Most of what we know of corruption comes from the legal proceedings we read about, in the process of cleaning up such rackets. So yes, a city like Chicago had it's 'Greylord' scandal, but what we know of it is because of the investigations and criminal trials to expose it and clean it all up, that is now past history for them.

BTW, some small cities and towns are much more corrupt than big cities, but they don't make the news across the country. Cicero, IL is one example. Politically controlled by a Republican machine, the city has in the past had it's police department shut down by the state and it's mayor incarcerated.

Then there was Hampton, Florida ...

But what you will find is that big cities do have crime. No question about it. Larger cities have larger pockets of poverty and aging infrastructure, as well as more of the most tempting targets for sophisticated thieves.

Why are the largest cities mostly Democratic? Because the Democrats really try to address the issues which plague big cities, and the local populace recognizes that. The cities don't have these problems because they are mostly run by Democrats, the residents mostly support Democrats to address the problems which come with being a large aging city.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:02 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,104,601 times
I think Hunter Biden traded on his name and access to power to get that lucrative position. It's pretty obvious, and it happens all the time. It is unethical. But beyond that, there is no evidence of illegality. If you want to find other examples of trading on a famous name and access, look no further than the children of Donald Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies