Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2019, 04:10 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times

Advertisements

Joe Biden had Barack Obama's back for 8 years, and was as solid as a rock in his support. He never let his President down once.
Their respect for each other was mutual, and while they weren't friends at first, they became close friends as the years passed.

That has to count in Biden's favor for a lot of black voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 04:25 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I guess it just doesn’t matter for some people that no matter how much you try help them...They just don’t care give a dam....they’re more into identity politics... it just shows sad state of affairs we’re living in these times...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-bl...ating-to-biden
Appreciative? What ? Pres do their jobs - congress does their job - that is all needs to happen - people do their jobs!!! I appreciate those who put their lives on the line. Police, military, firefighters etc. Forget politicians - appreciate my foot!! All supposed to bow to this guy ??? Lordy!

Old 05-22-2019, 04:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
It was a very strange and inaccurate suggestion.
You can shake your head all your want, I'm not the one living in Detroit.
I’m from Arizona. Been here all my life pretty much. I don’t get your fixation on Detroit, but whatever. That’s your issue.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:34 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Well Biden told a Black audience the Republicans were going to put them all back in chains, yet Trump was elected and that hasn't happened. What did happen is the lowest Black unemployment in History, and Blacks can actually afford to buy gas to put in their cars to go to work, also due to Trump's energy policy.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:36 PM

926 posts, read 417,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m from Arizona. Been here all my life pretty much. I don’t get your fixation on Detroit, but whatever. That’s your issue.
I'm Fleur123, you're desertdetroiter - a Detroiter is a resident or native of Detroit.

I'm much more familiar with and interested in Chicago: another example of a city where many Blacks have been voting for Democrats for decades and living in crime-infested, truly horrible neighborhoods. But whatever. That's their issue.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
I'm Fleur123, you're desertdetroiter - a Detroiter is a resident or native of Detroit.

I'm much more familiar with and interested in Chicago: another example of a city where many Blacks have been voting for Democrats for decades and living in crime-infested, truly horrible neighborhoods. But whatever. That's their issue.
I still don’t get your fixation on Detroit. Again, I’m an Arizonan. I haven’t lived in Detroit since I was 2 back in 1967. And even if I did live there, so what? I could very well be living in one of the neighborhoods in the city that’s beyond your income. My mom’s home is in Boston-Edison,..you probably couldn’t afford a garage in B.E.

As for Chicago, everyone pretty much votes Democrat. There too, many blacks (like my cousin) live in neighborhoods that you couldn’t afford. So even talking trash about Chicago is silly on your part.

The black vote is the business of African Americans. The sooner you get that through your head, the sooner you can stop driving yourself crazy. We don’t take advice, and we have no suggestion boxes. Go to many of these dirt poor white populated areas across America (there are too many to name) and tell them how to vote. They might be more receptive. Voting for Republicans has most certainly failed them.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:22 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I still don’t get your fixation on Detroit. Again, I’m an Arizonan. I haven’t lived in Detroit since I was 2 back in 1967. And even if I did live there, so what? I could very well be living in one of the neighborhoods in the city that’s beyond your income. My mom’s home is in Boston-Edison,..you probably couldn’t afford a garage in B.E.

As for Chicago, everyone pretty much votes Democrat. There too, many blacks (like my cousin) live in neighborhoods that you couldn’t afford. So even talking trash about Chicago is silly on your part.

The black vote is the business of African Americans. The sooner you get that through your head, the sooner you can stop driving yourself crazy. We don’t take advice, and we have no suggestion boxes. Go to many of these dirt poor white populated areas across America (there are too many to name) and tell them how to vote. They might be more receptive. Voting for Republicans has most certainly failed them.
Amen to that.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:47 PM

914 posts, read 643,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
They're an interesting demographic. I was listening to urban Sirius Channel this morning to a host who calls himself "The Black Turkey" or something. He was taking a call from another African American who dared think for himself and wascomplaining about illegals taking jobs away from black americans. The host got upset at the mans ignorance because it was all the fault of business exploiting the illegals and paying them less which somehow translated to a planned attack against African americans. Paranoia and ignorance is what he sells.
Uhhh.... MORON. Instead of defending the progressives support of bringing in illegals to EXPLOIT politically as well as economically, the Black Turkey should have his peoples back and push to stop illegal immigration. He wouldn't dare tell his listeners that they're already being sold out in favor of illegals as the favorite charity case of the progressives. Instead he's a sell out.
I think they are slowly coming around and abandoning being taken advantage of and are opening up to new ideas and opportunities. maybe not in urban areas but everywhere else. So guys like The Black Turkey and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are becoming dinosaurs and politicos like Maxxine Waters and Kamala Harris will be pushed aside next.
I suspect that will be a good thing for the AA communities to have those people step aside.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I suspect that will be a good thing for the AA communities to have those people step aside.
We’ll say who should or shouldn’t step aside. That won’t be determined externally.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:23 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Still waiting for the OP to answer what trump has done for black people.
Only the lowest unemployment rate in the BC in 50 years.

Also what about the First Step Act and prison reform? Oddly enough, this was undoing many of the policies put in place by Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies