Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2019, 05:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
If I was in going through a rough time in America and I had the following options:
--- renting, and then possibly buying a mobile-home in a trailer park (mainly white)
--- renting an apartment in public housing (mainly black)
there is no question I would choose the first option.

Safety would be a top priority, too. And it just so happens that poor black neighborhoods are at the very top when it comes to crime and violence.
The point is that dirt poor whites, of which there are millions, vote overwhelmingly Republican. So since they’re YOUR people, go out and instruct them on how to vote.

You can’t tell us anything that we’re receptive to, so why not pick an easier crowd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 06:52 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Interesting....considering liberal only think about how to get free stuff and want to redistribution American wealth to achieve that goal.
Gee, I didn't know Donald Trump was "liberal" by your definition. He's always trying to sponge off others and redistribute American wealth....to himself.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:40 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The point is that dirt poor whites, of which there are millions, vote overwhelmingly Republican. So since they’re YOUR people, go out and instruct them on how to vote.

You can’t tell us anything that we’re receptive to, so why not pick an easier crowd?

Nope. Democrats make up the vast majority of the poor, white, black and otherwise. Democrats have lower incomes per capita by comparison and wider income gaps between the rich and the poor. Black Republicans have higher incomes per capita than do black democrats. This is especially starkly evident in America's largest liberal enclaves. Democrats make up most of the jailed, crime riddin, least educated, single parent households in America. It doesn't matter if we're looking at the white ones, black ones, hispanics etc etc.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:47 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Interesting....considering liberal only think about how to get free stuff and want to redistribution American wealth to achieve that goal.
Y'all people on the right love to say that, but who are these who love free stuff, and what free stuff? I don't know anyone in my circle who gets free stuff, I sure as heck don't get anything free, never have. But, check this out, my neighbors are almost all white Trump supporters, and they are always asking me for free stuff, they love getting something for free.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:44 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
IMO, THe GOP should strictly focus on Asians (East Asian, Indians, Arabs etc), and conservative Hispanics when it comes to minority recruitment. They are far more aligned with conservative values and issues within their respective communities.
They used to have a lot more of all of these voting groups mentioned until the GOP decided to trade on xenophobia as a political wedge issue - and squandered opportunities to better their fortunes with these communities - and in fact, made them worse.

They used to have a lot of Muslim voters, too, heck a lot of them voted for Dubya Bush. Until the GOP decided to use 9-11 to whomp on Muslims.

They used to have a heck of a lot more Latino voters, too - until Pete Wilson got desparate for reelection and started whomping on Mexicans back in the 1990s. Even Cuban Americans are less Republican these days than before - because the younger generations aren't as animated by knee-jerk anti-Communism as the older ones are.

Similarly, Asian Americans used to vote a lot more Republican - heck, they gave Bush Sr. more of their votes than Clinton in 1992. Vietnamese Americans are pretty similar to Cubans in their political orientation, but just like Cubans, with the younger generations, they aren't as Republican as before.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:57 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yeah, lifting all those boats with over 3% GDP growth and 3.6% unemployment... it's just horrible.
A rising tide doesn't always lift all boats. If your watercraft is sitting on a sand bad, a rising tide won't be enough, and your boat might be the last to benefit from a rising tide. That is the situation for Black Americans. Blacks are the first to be hit hard in an economic crash, and get hit the worst. They are the last to benefit from a rising tide.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:03 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
It Seems Like Black Voters Are Unappreciative [of] What Trump Has Done for Them Economically; Black Voters Gravitating To Biden

The African American community is not naïve (probably the least gullible, as a group, of any of us) and they can not be bought off. Clearly they are as offended by having a criminal in high office as anyone else would be, and Trump's personal record of discrimination through his real estate operation is well known. That has got to stomp on a raw nerve with a lot of people.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:29 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,569,399 times
I don't identify with either party, I'm an independent. I don't like Trump for the simple fact that he's done NOTHING to call out the pitiful state of race relations in this country. When those racist whites killed that black person in Charlottesville, this clown had the nerve to say "there's good people on both sides" No, racists are not good people. The more that Trump is in office, is all the more reason I'm glad I didn't vote in this past election. Frankly, Obama wasn't much better.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
No it isn't. Primarily whether online or elsewhere, blacks generally complain about what the GOP won't do for them. Heck, Trump decided not to even visit black leaders in the black community during his campaign because he didn't see the ergonomics of doing so and received a ton of backlash for it. On CD, blacks generally complain about the GOP doing or not doing something. Those threads far out number the reverse, you just see it as legitimate complaining while you see the reverse as circular questions.
I haven't seen many Black people complain about the GOP. I do see alot of threads here about "why won't Blacks vote GOP" or "why do Blacks vote Democrat". I see threads opening up about "LIberals are bad for Black people". I see thread after thread about "Black people love Trump". I'm seeing a much larger obsession about Blacks and who they would/should/could support or who they vote for. I see threads mentioning "Democratic plantation".

I haven't seen many Blacks on CD start a thread about the GOP.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-trump-73.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...cord-high.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...icans-can.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...atives-63.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rt-donald.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...emocratic.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-red-pill.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-democrat.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ch-better.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-trump-44.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ct-racism.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...oting-dem.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mocrat-31.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...chance-28.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...have-they.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...shment-14.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...te-dem-23.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...litically.html

Old 05-24-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
I don't identify with either party, I'm an independent. I don't like Trump for the simple fact that he's done NOTHING to call out the pitiful state of race relations in this country. When those racist whites killed that black person in Charlottesville, this clown had the nerve to say "there's good people on both sides" No, racists are not good people. The more that Trump is in office, is all the more reason I'm glad I didn't vote in this past election. Frankly, Obama wasn't much better.
Much of what I've seen tells me that I won't be supporting Trump in this coming election either. And it isn't just Charlottesville. The same person said said "Blacks are too stupid to vote for me". Same person who blamed the Baltimore riots on "Our great African-American President". Same person who singled out a Black man at a rally in Redding and shouted "look at my African-American over there".

This is the thing. There are simply many people who are obsessed about who Black Americans are voting for. Many of those persons will not say why when asked about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies