Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 06:20 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,601,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I suppose the 'deph' of ignorance between what someone who routinely clouds their capabilities with what they see on Rachel Maddow and when that same person has the time to run to a message board is roughly less than an hour these days.

Anyway, the NYT's made this specific point:
I guess, that very same someone who haphazardly throws in "talking points" and "procedural history" doesn't realize that one doesn't have to look at the DOJ's talking points to refute their ignorance--they can just do that from a simple newspaper.

Anyway, continue
This post is a bit of an incoherent word salad but it appears you seem to believe that the non-issuance of the stay was a victory for Trump. The opposite is true. Take it from someone who read the Memorandum Decision itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 06:20 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,494,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
For LEGITIMATE REASONS....they don't have any.

and that's your subjective opinion, my opinion is that the reasons are legitimate.

but it doesn't matter, as the judge pointed out it's not the courts job to make that determination.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:22 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,912,251 times
Another day another hoax

Old 05-20-2019, 06:22 PM

1,199 posts, read 640,928 times
Quote:
I suppose the 'deph' of ignorance between what someone who routinely clouds their capabilities with what they see on Rachel Maddow and when that same person has the time to run to a message board is roughly less than an hour these days.

Anyway, the NYT's made this specific point:
I guess, that very same someone who haphazardly throws in "talking points" and "procedural history" doesn't realize that one doesn't have to look at the DOJ's talking points to refute their ignorance--they can just do that from a simple newspaper.

Anyway, continue
Sorry, maybe I should have been more clear. You said "They aren't going to comply with this judges [sic] stay." The only stay that the judge issued was a brief 7-day stay to appeal his ruling. So if the Trump administration doesn't "comply with this judges [sic] stay," then it means that they have decided not to use the time to appeal the ruling.

Is that what you're advocating, or did you just do a poor job communicating your understanding of what you read?

That's a rhetorical question. You can just respond with something quippy, like "Ur liberal tears are delishes."

Old 05-20-2019, 06:36 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,641,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Another day another hoax
What is the hoax? Can you let us all in on the joke?

Old 05-20-2019, 06:41 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,024,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Sorry, maybe I should have been more clear. You said "They aren't going to comply with this judges [sic] stay." The only stay that the judge issued was a brief 7-day stay to appeal his ruling. So if the Trump administration doesn't "comply with this judges [sic] stay," then it means that they have decided not to use the time to appeal the ruling.

Is that what you're advocating, or did you just do a poor job communicating your understanding of what you read?

That's a rhetorical question. You can just respond with something quippy, like "Ur liberal tears are delishes."
I'm not sure your ignorance on where I stood on this could have been any less clear. You're pretending to read and interpret a new point, to simply avoid where you were wrong in the first place with the original point, and then you haphazardly throw in "somthin quippy" while pretending to make a follow up point by calling it a "rhetorical question" as if you had anything 'rhetorical of substance' to add. You can't make this stuff up lol!

Old 05-20-2019, 06:43 PM

1,199 posts, read 640,928 times
Quote:
I'm not sure your ignorance on where I stood on this could have been any less clear. You're pretending to read and interpret a new point, to simply avoid where you were wrong in the first place with the original point, and then you haphazardly throw in "somthin quippy" while pretending to make a follow up point by calling it a "rhetorical question" as if you had anything 'rhetorical of substance' to add. You can't make this stuff up lol!
Good point. I'm sure this all sounds better in your head. In the future, I'll try to read it the way you mean it, instead of reading the actual words you write.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
This post is a bit of an incoherent word salad but it appears you seem to believe that the non-issuance of the stay was a victory for Trump. The opposite is true. Take it from someone who read the Memorandum Decision itself.
who said anything about this being a "victory?" The word salad--is in your brain.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Good point. I'm sure this all sounds better in your head. In the future, I'll try to read it the way you mean it, instead of reading the actual words you write.
I'd rather you just 'read' something, anything, rather than responding.

Thanks in advance.

FYI, Rachel Maddow comes on in about 15 minutes, if you can't catch that, then Don Lemon comes on in about an hour

Old 05-20-2019, 06:48 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,601,415 times
Quote:
who said anything about this being a "victory?" The word salad--is in your brain.
More than one poster has told you that your post was incoherent, but it’s all in everyone else’s head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies