Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 09:38 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The whole thing is pretty much absurd. Even Garrow should be censured for the writing. A number of US sources refused to publish it as the facts could not be substantiated. Garrow finally got it out through a right wing non US source. There are huge problems with the whole thing including the honesty of the FBI agents involved. It should have laid buried until such time as the tapes and supporting documents were made public.

It may well prove to be a smear by the Hoover FBI to disparage MLK. Until the evidence can be fully evaluated we will not know. Any assessment that it is true is simply someone who has had their bias confirmed.

The AJC has a pretty good article on the affair...

https://www.ajc.com/news/fbi-long-bu...hWEWJ4MWYnUciJ
What do you know...the FBI still have a credibility problems today! I wouldnt trust them to help me or my family if we ever needed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 09:46 PM

3,748 posts, read 1,441,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
seems like the wokescolds would demand it, for the sake of consistency.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rishioner.html
The thing is this. Mordern day most modern Anglo Saxon academics who follow social justice love to back date yesterday's misdeeds to todays moral standards according to the institution of academia. Sadly like Christopher Columbus, MLK is dead. What justice can victims of sexual oppressions can gain out of MLK? Sadly like Columbus, MLK is also worshipped and has yet to be canceled. Just last week, feminists tried to back date todays academic morality standards on Kobe Bryant. Kobe is dead, how can you pin metoo on a dead man.

If anyone is doing Social Justice and you want to back date things to todays moral standards? Please start iconoclasting everyone and everything that is racist and sexist. You say you are virtues and woke, but you aren't. You are selective on who to cancel and how not too.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:48 PM

3,605 posts, read 1,656,182 times
Garrow is talking about a recently added summary of a transcript of a 1964 recording from the Willard Hotel that others, including Mrs. King, have said they did not hear Martin’s voice on in. The added summary was four layers removed from the actual recording. This supposedly new information comes from an anonymous source in a single paragraph in an FBI report. You have to ask how could anyone conclude King looked at a rape from an audio recording in a room where he was not present."[357] Carson bases his position of Coretta Scott King's memoirs where she states "I set up our reel-to-reel recorder and listened. I have read scores of reports talking about the scurrilous activities of my husband but once again, there was nothing at all incriminating on the tape. It was a social event with people laughing and telling dirty jokes. But I did not hear Martin’s voice on it, and there was nothing about sex or anything else resembling the lies J. Edgar and the FBI were spreading." The tapes that could confirm or refute the allegation are scheduled to be declassified in 2027.[358][359]

MLK's voice not heard on new tape according to Wikipedia...#13 section 13.5...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King_Jr.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:52 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The Rev. Ralph Abernathy even talked about how Dr. King liked hookers. So it does not sound like an FBI smear job.
And the fact that King used plagiarism to get his doctorate was common knowledge too.
Abernathy did more than talk about King's affairs, he included the accounts in one of his books (And the Walls Came Tumbling Down). If I remember right, it was published in the late 80s.. and like u state, Abernathy was a very close ally of King, not a hostile witness. peace.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:54 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,597,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
seems like the wokescolds would demand it, for the sake of consistency.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rishioner.html

Ahh, another one from the Daily Fail. Barely more credible than InfoWars and One America News, if it has more credibility than those at all.

Old 02-12-2020, 01:15 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Uh, yeah, you did.

Look at the time stamp of the post directly above the one of yours that I quoted - it was more than 7 months ago....
Ok I screwed up is it that big a deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies