Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 08:43 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
what a vile man.
Many of the same posters on this thread, who are vilifying MLK, support, condone and excuse the vile actions and long history of misogyny and philandering of a living, thrice married man who is actually POTUS. Here in the 21st Century.

I will never understand the ignorant and absolute, blind eyed hero worship of Donald Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 08:44 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Yep. We celebrate the likes of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson. Both were slave owners. I also notice this. Those who want to see the MLK holiday revoked are the same ones who will defend Christopher Columbus.
In another post someone said we have to look past it and look at the good he did for the country and his people, well the same can be said for Washington, Jefferson and Columbus.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:45 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Many of the same posters on this thread, who are vilifying MLK, support, condone and excuse the vile actions and long history of misogyny and philandering of a living, thrice married man who is actually POTUS.

I will never understand the absolute, blind eyed hero worship of Donald Trump.
Donald Trump is a saint compared to King.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:46 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...Trump supporters talking about the clay feet of Dr. King!!

TRUMP SUPPORTERS!!!
Trump supporters are completely lacking in self-awareness. It's akin to the posters here calling for Nancy Pelosi to face repercussions for her "childish, petulant behavior." TDS is very real within his support base. His supporters demonstrate it every day.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:04 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,702,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
seems like the wokescolds would demand it, for the sake of consistency.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rishioner.html
So....in short....the nation was never racist and oppressive towards blacks......because MLK liked hookers, which discredited his agenda?

Got it. Whites were good.....MLK was the bad guy.

Only in a "white" handed nation.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:16 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Pretty much confirms what we know about you.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:29 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,959 times
Quote:
The sanctification of Donald Trump.

Is that you Brad? Brad Parscale?

“Only God could deliver such a savior to our nation and only God could allow me to help. God bless America,†tweeted Brad Parscale, President Donald Trump's campaign manager.

What Brad and the other Trump political lieutenants are saying is, "You have no choice; God has told you how you must vote."
By bringing the sacred into politics, Donald Trump and his evangelical leaders are actually imposing a view onto his followers and depriving them of a freedom of choice.

Real people of faith know that God is much larger than any one candidate, party, election or country. The Trump faithful, not so much as they turn a blind eye to his extramarital affairs, vulgarity, vindictiveness, nonstop Twitter insults, racism and cruelty.

Sainthood, by way of autocracy, got it, Pgh Guy.

And why today, are you resurrecting an 8 month old thread on a 10 month old article about a man of color who has been dead 50 years? It wouldn't have anything to do with Donald Trump desperately trying to gain votes or suppress voters, would it?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-11-2020 at 10:39 AM..

Old 02-11-2020, 09:31 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
What an...interesting...cross section of posts. So it was "common knowledge" especially amongst the Black church community that MLK had some odd sexual appetites aye?

Honestly this is the first I've heard of this. It was inevitable I suppose that Trump be brought in for comparison purposes but I am surprised that nobody has actually tried to refute these things about King.

Just a downplaying with a "yeah but Trump" bit to punctuate. Then tossing in historical figures like Washington, Jefferson, Jackson et al for good measure.

Anyway, I cant say as this information in regards to MLK shocks me terribly. Most famous and widely deified historical figures have some sort of nasty character trait thrown into their mix.

That seems to be very common with people who have gained power, influence and wealth. It seems to always be some sort of sexual thing that comes to light as well. Famous or infamous theres always some kink habit involved.

MLK is the only Black American historic figure to be given a national holiday. Even in light of this damning information I dont see that changing. (shrug). To which I personally don't care. It doesn't effect me one way or the other.

Truly as I said I dont think any celebrated figures from history are without sin.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Strange culture.
You resurrected a 7+ month old thread for this?

Old 02-11-2020, 11:20 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
What an...interesting...cross section of posts. So it was "common knowledge" especially amongst the Black church community that MLK had some odd sexual appetites aye?

Honestly this is the first I've heard of this. It was inevitable I suppose that Trump be brought in for comparison purposes but I am surprised that nobody has actually tried to refute these things about King.

Just a downplaying with a "yeah but Trump" bit to punctuate. Then tossing in historical figures like Washington, Jefferson, Jackson et al for good measure.

Anyway, I cant say as this information in regards to MLK shocks me terribly. Most famous and widely deified historical figures have some sort of nasty character trait thrown into their mix.

That seems to be very common with people who have gained power, influence and wealth. It seems to always be some sort of sexual thing that comes to light as well. Famous or infamous theres always some kink habit involved.

MLK is the only Black American historic figure to be given a national holiday. Even in light of this damning information I dont see that changing. (shrug). To which I personally don't care. It doesn't effect me one way or the other.

Truly as I said I dont think any celebrated figures from history are without sin.
On the bold, yes this is common knowledge in black America.

Will be blunt and portray my prejudiced views of men of the past, but IMO 98% of men were similar to Dr. King in his era. JFK was similar as well. IMO Thomas Jefferson was a pedophile rapist of the enslaved sister of his wife.

People do all sorts of deviant sexual things. I was recently assigned to read and create a history based on portions of William Byrd II's diary. He was the founder of Richmond, VA. In that diary he mentioned many times that he basically raped black enslaved women. He'd end with "God forgave me" or some BS like that which was both funny and sickening.

Men until very recently have been encouraged to cheat and take advantage of women. This includes black men, many of whom even today idealized what black feminists call "the white patriarch" meaning they want to be like oppressive white men towards women. In regards to Dr. King preferring white women, I know he had a long term white woman as a lover prior to marrying Coretta. White women were a symbol of the perfect woman for black men and all men in this country. They also represented a way that black men could have something that white men only had access too. This is an interesting aspect of history in regards to the desire of black men to be white patriarchs and the symoblization of white women to both white and black men in contrast with black women in American history. But not one that most people on this forum IMO could have a decent discussion about.

But the bold is true. I watched the documentary recently on Malcolm X's murder on Netflix and part of that program centered around the fact that Elijah Muhammad, the leader of the Nation of Islam and who kicked Malcolm out of NOI, had 8 children by 6 teenage girls/women outside of his marriage. Malcolm tried to get people to leave NOI and join him based on Elijah's transgressions, but people made excuses for "the prophet" and indicated they didn't care about those girls/women. All men wanted or got at women in this way both consensual and even victimized them so it is not anything surprising to black people who know a bit about Dr. King. And most of us know more about him than most white people IMO as white Americans typically only know about the March on Washington speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies