Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 12:01 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,085,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Heres the thing. He did change the country for the better. Im not saying its true or isn’t. But he wasn’t just some celebrity, he literally was responsible for breaking down barriers.

Im sure many white supremacists are salivating over this.
This information has been out for quite some time. It's just that "news" (Fake News) wouldn't touch it.

As per the piece, he says that in 8 years when the tapes come out that America will be floored. It will be interesting just how repulsive they are...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 04:48 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rftw View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/martin-luther...145714868.html

This of course comes as no surprise to those who have known for years what "Dr." Michael was. A known plagiarist, dedicated Communist, and sexual deviant.

This is a bombshell report, particularly here in the #MeToo age, but for some reason has gotten little traction within the mainstream media. I wonder why that is? The wording of this particular article is pretty revealing in itself as to how hard it tries to hang on to the legacy narrative. It's clearly suggesting that the FBI reports are questionable. I mean, how many times can you use the words "claimed", "alleged" and "reportedly" in three paragraphs?

Is it time yet to tear down the statues and rename all of the streets dedicated in his honor?
Wasn't the FBI's job under Hoover to discredit and spread lies about anyone who was commusist, involved in civil rights or was deemed an enemy of the state.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:24 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Wasn't the FBI's job under Hoover to discredit and spread lies about anyone who was commusist, involved in civil rights or was deemed an enemy of the state.
The Rev. Ralph Abernathy even talked about how Dr. King liked hookers. So it does not sound like an FBI smear job.
It was common knowledge in the 60s. And the fact that he used plagiarism to get his doctorate was common knowledge too.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:39 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
I personally don't care if MLK was engaged in cannibalism with regards to his thoughts and actions regarding Civil Rights.

Just like Thomas Jeffersons actions for the US are separate from the fact that he owned slaves etc.

Then you have any number of great kings, scholars etc. that advanced humanity through any number of means but were brutal killers and so forth.

In fact, watching someone being raped to death by an animal was entertainment during Roman times and they were a huge influence on most aspects of our daily lives.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:11 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,085,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

In fact, watching someone being raped to death by an animal was entertainment during Roman times and they were a huge influence on most aspects of our daily lives.
Wut?

Animals engage in sex with humans?

Old 06-28-2019, 08:28 PM

91 posts, read 31,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Probably, but what are you suggesting? King didn't plagiarize his doctoral thesis? He wasn't a communist or a sexual deviant?

Old 06-29-2019, 12:02 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Wut?

Animals engage in sex with humans?
And they usually use the worst pickup lines, too: "(Roar!) Say, what's a delectable hominid like you doing in a place like this?"

Old 06-29-2019, 08:21 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
I did not know about this. One negative of Dr. MLK is that he was found to have plagiarized his doctoral thesis (and several of his other written works). BU decided not to retract his degree, however, because they felt his overall intellectual contribution (and greater contribution to society) outweighed this violation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mart...horship_issues

Old 06-29-2019, 09:31 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,565,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Glad to hear it! Good on you and your family! How do you suggest we go about removing all the MLK statues and renaming all the MLK streets?

I suggest we rename them all in honor of Michael Jackson, or maybe Tiger Woods or OJ Simpson.
We know what you're suggesting. I suggest you are race-baiting. And I think I know why you are doing that.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:36 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Dr. King's "extracurricular activities" were and are considered okay for men of color - for example, slapping around a prostitute, especially a white one, was/is not only acceptable and expected, it was/is considered a display of manliness.
Black guy I work with would kick your butt for saying something like that. Maybe the worst insult I’ve ever seen directed at black men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies