Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 08:18 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times

Advertisements

The womanizing and having a thing for white hookers was common knowledge, especially in the black church community. If the rape story claimed here is true, that is a different matter.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:34 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The womanizing and having a thing for white hookers was common knowledge, especially in the black church community. If the rape story claimed here is true, that is a different matter.
Wasn't it the Rev. Ralph Abernathy who told about King slapping hookers around? He liked it rough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 08:44 AM

20,100 posts, read 9,006,146 times
what a vile man.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:52 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
I also heard him being a real sleesbag. Don't understand how some people acting like he was some sort of saint.
Double standard as always.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:18 AM

26,476 posts, read 15,060,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Was not a secret. Right after he died, they said he had just come back from a white hooker he paid with church money. His buddy, Abernathy, wrote about MLK liking white hookers.
We knew that MLK was sexist - even a bit for his time period. For example he is on record telling a physically abused wife that she needs to look in the mirror to figure out why her husband beats her and then change. He told a different wife who was getting cheated on that she needed to be more like the other lady. We knew he had affairs, made sexist jokes (even at JFKs funeral supposedly), we knew he used hookers, and would ask women to go get coffee if they offered advice on civil rights.

...but did we know he laughed about a rape in progress? Did we know it was 40 affairs? Did we know about having a kid out of wedlock?

He still did many good things for the country, but geesh...this is a bad track record if true.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:19 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Dr. King's "extracurricular activities" were and are considered okay for men of color - for example, slapping around a prostitute, especially a white one, was/is not only acceptable and expected, it was/is considered a display of manliness.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:33 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Dr. King's "extracurricular activities" were and are considered okay for men of color - for example, slapping around a prostitute, especially a white one, was/is not only acceptable and expected, it was/is considered a display of manliness.
No, it is NOT okay for men of color. My father didn’t cheat on my mother and I would not find it acceptable for my husband to cheat on me or my boys to cheat on their wives. Not a single man in my life ever hit a woman, regardless of color, regardless of the type of relationship. We are not some kind of moral lightweights due to the color of our skin.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:36 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
seems like the wokescolds would demand it, for the sake of consistency.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rishioner.html
I have predicted this. As a man who is in a relationship with a Black American/African American woman. These women take honesty, virtue, truth seriously, but mainly the ones who are big into academia, Social Justice, and black feminism. These types of women can easily become hurt when a man cheats, or does something morally wrong like using racial slurs, or has a negative past even that man corrected himself. Such nuances will cause types of people in certain echo chambers to distance themselves from such individuals. Than you have the metoo movement which was designed to create awareness of the mistreatment of young black women. The metoo movement was not for white women, but the movement was hijacked by the white feminist. The metoo movement was for black women to make aware about sexual violence and sexual harassment that happens at home, at church, at school, the work place and on the streets that black women face on a daily basis. Especially since black women have been historically over sexualized.

Now back to MLK. When the government releases those tapes of him with other women. This event will hurt black women, black activists, allies of black activist like the white liberal and so forth. Same way how the left call for the take down of Confederate statues. It wont be long until the left uses iconoclasm to tear down MLK statues across America. This is not good in my opinion. I'm all for forgiveness and move along, but for some. It is hard to forgive and I understand. Sadly no one is not perfect, especially someone that is virtues like MLK.

Also now in America amongst the left. The left rewards people on their basis of ones skin, and not the merits of their character. People now a days do not follow MLK notion anymore. As time moves on, folks will forget about MLK. Only white liberals and white conservatives remember him and use his holiday just as a day off with no celebration.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-26-2019 at 09:46 AM..

Old 05-26-2019, 09:44 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,398,530 times
OK, my appreciation for MLK, Jr. seems to have dropped quite a bit! Should I put him on the same level of disdain I have for the race-baiting Al Sharpton stories I sometimes hear/read? I could see that being the case if MLK, Jr. did rape any person or laughed while another person committed a rape rather than try to stop it. Honestly, I wonder which Black American leader during or after MLK, Jr.'s time is akin to a Black Mr. Rogers. Sure, Fred Rogers wasn't perfect. However, I think he is 1 of the if not the nicest person I have ever read about!

For the record, while a consensual affair between two consenting adults is vile, I think it is certainly not as vile as raping or sexually assaulting someone (adult or underage). When I say "consenting", I mean that during the entire duration of the affair, it was completely consensual.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:55 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No, it is NOT okay for men of color. My father didn’t cheat on my mother and I would not find it acceptable for my husband to cheat on me or my boys to cheat on their wives. Not a single man in my life ever hit a woman, regardless of color, regardless of the type of relationship. We are not some kind of moral lightweights due to the color of our skin.

Glad to hear it! Good on you and your family! How do you suggest we go about removing all the MLK statues and renaming all the MLK streets?

I suggest we rename them all in honor of Michael Jackson, or maybe Tiger Woods or OJ Simpson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies