Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 01:12 PM

73,001 posts, read 62,569,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Being a womanizer isn't equivalent to owning people as property.
Yep. We celebrate the likes of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson. Both were slave owners. I also notice this. Those who want to see the MLK holiday revoked are the same ones who will defend Christopher Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 01:15 PM

30,627 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Yep. We celebrate the likes of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson. Both were slave owners. I also notice this. Those who want to see the MLK holiday revoked are the same ones who will defend Christopher Columbus.
I don't think anyone in this thread or elsewhere who is calling for MLK holiday to be revoked actually care one way or the other. They're just making a point about the hypocrisy that we are seeing from leftists on this issue.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:24 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Why aren't you discussing the allegation that he stood by and laughed while a friend raped a woman??

That, more than the cheating (which at least involved consenting adults), is the real story here. As you've written, the fact that MLK was a cheating dog has long been known. That he stood by and laughed while someone was raped/was possibly an accomplice to rape has not been known.
I'm not sure that he MLK being next to a friend who raped a woman is credible evidence at the moment unitl the Feds release such evidence. But we all know that MLK was a compulsive cheated which both Ralph Abernathy and the Feds both have information on. Even his wife knew MLK cheated.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Most Americans don't care about such holidays. Most Americans care about Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July. All of which is full of feasting and spending time with family and friends. MLK, Columbus Day and Presidents day is just another day off.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-26-2019 at 02:38 PM..

Old 05-26-2019, 01:41 PM

73,001 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Most Americans don't care about such holidays. Most Americans care about Thanksgiving, Christmas, Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July. All of which is full of feasting and spending time with family and friends. MLK, Columbus Day and Presidents day is just another day off.
Christmas and Easter mean alot ot me because of my faith. The older I get, Labor Day means more to me. MLK Day is far more than just a day off for me. I think about what I have today vs how things were in the 1950s. Being Black in the 1950s would have been a nightmare for me.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:55 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
You fell into the same trap. You are applying your own sense of morality to things that happened 300 or so year ago. Do you support slapping all hookers around, or just the white ones?

Old 05-26-2019, 01:59 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,944,634 times
Lets erase the past!!! Down with his statues! Change all the streets named after him!!

Signed,

The PC Police

Old 05-26-2019, 02:06 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,758 times
I'm pretty sure that civil rights is bigger than one person.

Old 05-26-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Christmas and Easter mean alot ot me because of my faith. The older I get, Labor Day means more to me. MLK Day is far more than just a day off for me. I think about what I have today vs how things were in the 1950s. Being Black in the 1950s would have been a nightmare for me.
Not many black Americans celebrate mlk day. I give reverence to those days I have mentioned, but sadly your capitalist wants to make money off of people for none busy holiday days.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Ralph Abernathy, a confidant and friend of MLK admitted that MLK use to cheat. and the FBI has recordings of him doing his deed. When the FBI makes it public, it will hurt the most vocal persons of Black American society. Mainly the black feminists, black academics, and the black pastor. These groups are small, but wield plenty of social power and influence in faith, academia and so forth. My best bet is to save MLK grace, and don't release such information to the public. MLK good outweighs his bad, even though he broke a vow to his wife, and his god Jesus in which he preaches for.
Well - none of that addresses my thread. Do we know that MLK watched a woman being raped and laughed about it?

The answer is no. We don't know.

Womanizer - yes, that we know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies