Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2019, 11:33 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No, Garrow saw documents describing what is on the tapes. And we have no reason to doubt that he is being truthful about it.
I trust that Garrow is being truthful about what he saw. I'm not so trusting of the FBI though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 11:52 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No, Garrow saw documents describing what is on the tapes. And we have no reason to doubt that he is being truthful about it.
You may not, but I do ... trust but verify. I'll trust when I can verify ... until then all he has is hearsay.

The FBI could have destroyed MLK, even threatened to release the information if he did not off himself. He didn't off himself and they didn't release any information ... so all of it suspect until verification.

Old 05-30-2019, 12:51 AM

7,528 posts, read 11,360,187 times
Did the FBI ever identify the woman who was said to have been raped? Did she report the rape to anyone?

Old 05-30-2019, 08:10 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Why do you love Assata Shakur?
Really? He loves a criminal.

Assata Olugbala Shakur (born JoAnne Deborah Byron; July 16, 1947, sometimes referred to by her married surname Chesimard) is a former member of the Black Liberation Army, who was convicted of the first-degree murder of State Trooper Werner Foerster during a shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike in 1973. Shakur was also the target of the FBI's COINTELPRO program, a counterintelligence program directed towards Black Liberation groups and activists.Born in Flushing, Queens, she grew up in New York City and Wilmington, North Carolina.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What are you? My inquisitor? Because I want to. That’s why.

You’re here because your ancestors were living in the equivalent of a hut in Europe. Starving damn near to death and unable to make a living. They were the landless losers of the continent. They would’ve probably been dead in some typical European tribal/ethnic war that killed millions and happened right on schedule every generation. Europe was a hellhole before the United States liberated it and made it stable for longer than two weeks.

Africa? Please. Europe did 100 million deaths in one century like it was a game of hopscotch. Gimme a break.

I may be an African in America, but I’m SOLELY an American creation that couldn’t have existed if not for the creation of the United States. Outside of the Native Americans, African Americans are THE MOST American people of any other group. 9 in 10 of us were born in this country by 1860. Only Indians can make that claim. All of our ancestors were here by 1804. Whites can’t make that claim as a group. You definitely can’t.

So you can talk about Africa all you want. Not hurting my feelings.
Talk about twisted history.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:17 AM

Assata Shakur (née JoAnne Deborah Byron, married name Joanna Chesimard) Murder of Trooper Werner Foerster on May 2, 1973 May 2, 1973 May 2, 2013 At large Former Black Liberation Army member openly living in Cuba after she escaped from a New Jersey prison in 1979. Two million dollar reward offered.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:52 AM

3,141 posts, read 2,045,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i actually agree with this, assuming we extend that same courtesy to others as well.
Jefferson, Washington, Lee, John Wayne, etc.
agreed?
Jefferson and Washington yes, Lee and John Wayne no - their accomplishments aren't enough to trump their faults imo. A traitor to this nation and a movie star - give me a break. They aren't even close to the same level as Jefferson, Washington, and King.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:19 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Jefferson and Washington yes, Lee and John Wayne no - their accomplishments aren't enough to trump their faults imo. A traitor to this nation and a movie star - give me a break. They aren't even close to the same level as Jefferson, Washington, and King.
No kidding. John Wayne? Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda, and Clark Gable served on active duty in WWII. But not phony war hero Wayne. I agree about Lee too.

Old 05-30-2019, 01:44 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Did the FBI ever identify the woman who was said to have been raped? Did she report the rape to anyone?
I was thinking on the same thing ... this was like roughly 55 years ago, factoring in age 20 - 30 years of age ... 40+ women he supposedly had extra relations with or just the one, they'd be like dead or in nursing homes by now. But still, some one is going to talk ... I would think any way.

Martin Luther King Jr., women, and the possibility of growth

"But physical conflict represents a crossing over the line to unacceptable behavior, no matter what the era.

King’s ally and confidant Abernathy is the source for this disturbing allegation. In his 1989 memoir, And The Walls Came Tumbling Down, Abernathy described a conflict with a woman on the last day of King’s life. King and the woman argued loudly about his dalliances with others before he “knocked her across the bed,” Abernathy wrote, adding that the two “for a moment were in a full-blown fight, with King clearly winning.”
It’s important to note both that others who were there denied that the incident happened and Abernathy faced extensive criticism from others in the movement who considered his revelation of King’s infidelity, if not the alleged violence, an act of betrayal. "(my bold for emphasis)

Accusations with victims who stayed silent thought the ages ... I find that most bizarre.
PS: If they were groupies, not victims ... they'd be saying, I had sex with the King ... that would not stay quiet, I don't think.

Old 05-30-2019, 04:27 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Time to cover up then remove his statues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies