Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 10:05 AM

120 posts, read 65,383 times

Advertisements

It is obvious to me that they know exactly what they are doing. Do not be fooled. They are taking incremental control.
Most people cannot piece things together because their main source of information is the TV or social media.
Not really reputable research, but have tons of money to make themselves look smart to the ignorant public.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:11 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
WRONG: Soley to sell advertising. The fact is that this is what sells, because it's what the American consumer buys. It's capitalism (I love capitalism) in action. The notion that a company, with stock-holders would do anything other than do whatever generates revenue is silly and out of touch.

The reason it works for them is that the majority of Americans understand what a danger "the Orange Man" (your words) is to America. We love our country, and hate to see him dismantle all that it is.

And just to set the record strait, I've posted this many times in other discussions, but I'll repeat: I don't think all R's are bad, I don't think Conservatism is bad, and I fully understand, respect and APPRECIATE that different people have different views on what our country needs. I am 100% in support of a system that puts competing ideas up, and finds a middle ground. Both sides are guilty of failing to find that middle ground. NONE of that accounts for the Trainwreck that is Trump.

But on point, the media is not out to destroy Trump (except maybe CNN, I'll give you that, and I won't watch them either). he is doing quite well on his own, and they are reporting it, as they should.

You might have a point if it was just the media.

But it's not.

So you don't

Old 05-30-2019, 10:18 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
I'm posting without reading the whole thread first (something I usually try not to do) so this might have been mentioned, but I saw a clip yesterday on msnbc about the Justin Amash town hall and they talked to a woman afterwards who said that yes, she gets all her news from Fox and other conservative sources and she was shocked to hear that the Mueller report was something besides a total exoneration of Trump. She literally had no idea whatsoever what the Mueller report actually said, and had accepted the lies Trump, Fox, etc. have told without question.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:38 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
I think both parties are out of touch with the common man. This is the problem when someone gets comfortable in their position for decades.

The problem with the Reps. is that they are so wishy washy when it comes to most matters. There are still some that can't get on board with Trump out of fear of losing their cushy jobs so they don't dare make a stand.

The problem with the Dems. is that they all sign on to the same ridiculous ideas which they either sink or swim with. They do present a united front against Trump but given how the Mueller report was a big nothing, the collusion, the obstruction the taxes the calls for impeachment..... the list goes on and on...
The American people are getting tired of it and want to move on.

I feel the constant barrage on Trump from the Left is going to hand Trump a victory in 2020.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:44 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think both parties are out of touch with the common man. This is the problem when someone gets comfortable in their position for decades.

The problem with the Reps. is that they are so wishy washy when it comes to most matters. There are still some that can't get on board with Trump out of fear of losing their cushy jobs so they don't dare make a stand.

The problem with the Dems. is that they all sign on to the same ridiculous ideas which they either sink or swim with. They do present a united front against Trump but given how the Mueller report was a big nothing, the collusion, the obstruction the taxes the calls for impeachment..... the list goes on and on...

I feel the constant barrage on Trump from the Left is going to hand Trump a victory in 2020.
Why are people afraid of losing their cushy jobs?

Old 05-30-2019, 10:45 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Jesus H Christ on a bicycle, have you been seeing the news lately?

Old 05-30-2019, 10:52 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,217,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm posting without reading the whole thread first (something I usually try not to do) so this might have been mentioned, but I saw a clip yesterday on msnbc about the Justin Amash town hall and they talked to a woman afterwards who said that yes, she gets all her news from Fox and other conservative sources and she was shocked to hear that the Mueller report was something besides a total exoneration of Trump. She literally had no idea whatsoever what the Mueller report actually said, and had accepted the lies Trump, Fox, etc. have told without question.

I am sure there are people out there like this - along with more who take CNN propaganda for gospel. Seems to me more dems are out of touch with reality than republicans... i mean deplorables.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:01 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
For a closer look at the FOX news effect..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#554ec41612ab

Old 05-30-2019, 11:05 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I am sure there are people out there like this - along with more who take CNN propaganda for gospel. Seems to me more dems are out of touch with reality than republicans... i mean deplorables.
2 University studies show us that CNN is a lot closer to the Gospel than FOX. Those who watch no news at all are better informed than those who only watch FOX. My German Shepherd is better informed than those people.
read:http://www.businessinsider.com/study...-at-all-2012-5

Old 05-30-2019, 11:24 AM

16,101 posts, read 10,766,542 times
I'm not certain that being Republican is the cause but it seems to be associated with segment of the population that is just a little off the bubble with respect to what is really going on in the world. These people seem to find each other, perhaps as a coping mechanism to reinforce their crippled world view. There seems to be a common trait of isolation and insulation from reality by what is practically intravenous feedings of Fox News. They are not uninformed but misinformed, which is worse. These folks are salvageable if the Republicans can regroup and provide rational leadership and repudiate the manipulative news media and extreme voices.

There are some right-wing extremists, including the conspiracy theorists, that are so far gone that they have fallen and can't get up. They don't even seriously identify with the Republican party and have more or less dropped out of any viable political position. I don't think they will rejoin a rational political dialogue any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies