Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 08:17 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I competed in judo at the state level, karate at the state and national level, and adventure racing at the national level. I take this VERY personally, because I know what an important role sports played throughout my entire life. Going all the way back to being a 12 year old, shy, introverted, overweight, studious, lonely girl who found herself through martial arts.

This trend has long term repercussions for girls and women. Everything from self esteem and physical and mental health issues through participation, to team work principles, to representing your school and town at home and away. It has issues related to college scholarships, exposure to high level coaches, opportunities to compete at the national and international level, opportunities to compete at the Olympics, endorsements, speaking engagements, professional opportunities and so much more. I hate this trend. It has set girls and women back in this country more than I could even begin to describe.
^^^^Boom. Nailed it.

Athletics is extremely important to youths to stay out of trouble, to develop successfully and a host of other things. The statistics for girls in sports are all extremely positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 08:19 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
I think if they want to be completely fair from a scientific biological standpoint, they should be forced to compete in the gender they were when they underwent puberty. Girls and boys don't fully differentiate in strength until after puberty. Mandating these transgender women suppress their testosterone for a full year before competition will not negate the athletic benefits of going through puberty as men.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:21 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This dude is a clown. He should be embarrassed.
Consider that a guy can self-identify as female and play for UCLA, Harvard or whatever on a full ride scholarship....and any criticism of them would make you the bad guy.

Yeah, look what "clowns" did to avoid the draft or get publicity over the last 40 years or so.

This is a huge threat to women scholarships, sporting etc. and so far anyone attempting to point out the obvious is getting angrily shouted down as some sort of bigot.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:47 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I think if they want to be completely fair from a scientific biological standpoint, they should be forced to compete in the gender they were when they underwent puberty. Girls and boys don't fully differentiate in strength until after puberty. Mandating these transgender women suppress their testosterone for a full year before competition will not negate the athletic benefits of going through puberty as men.
I don't get the some of SJW crowd members likes to use the term "assigned at birth".

Old 05-30-2019, 10:57 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I competed in judo at the state level, karate at the state and national level, and adventure racing at the national level. I take this VERY personally, because I know what an important role sports played throughout my entire life. Going all the way back to being a 12 year old, shy, introverted, overweight, studious, lonely girl who found herself through martial arts.

This trend has long term repercussions for girls and women. Everything from self esteem and physical and mental health issues through participation, to team work principles, to representing your school and town at home and away. It has issues related to college scholarships, exposure to high level coaches, opportunities to compete at the national and international level, opportunities to compete at the Olympics, endorsements, speaking engagements, professional opportunities and so much more. I hate this trend. It has set girls and women back in this country more than I could even begin to describe.
Excellent summary. Competitive sports made my girls who they are today.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
When you can't beat the men, play with the women.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:51 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I don't get the some of SJW crowd members likes to use the term "assigned at birth".
You don't "get" the Newspeak?

If they refer ad nauseum to sexes being "assigned" at birth, they think that it lends credence to sex "REassignment(s)." Got it?

Next.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:48 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Yep: 2 categories: men and co-ed. No more women's/girl's sports.

And crickets from the feminists who one would THINK would be screaming from the rooftops to protect women's interests.

Why aren't they saying anything?

Old 05-31-2019, 06:50 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Excellent video from a girl who runs track and how this directly affected her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIlq85dL0C4

One comment is priceless:
When you have to censor your voice to speak out against social justice, there is a problem.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:55 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
This is BS.I have a 10 year old granddaughter who qualified for the national gymnastics tournament in trampoline. There is no way she should have to compete with an "it". She beats the boys on a local level at her gym but I would doubt that she could on a national. She worked very hard to win first in state and second in regional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies