Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 07:03 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Just another poster who is waging a war on men, who are no longer men, but really are.

All the women who run with him should quit the team. Costs are going up too. The men have to be testosterone tested for a year and clear those tests before they're allowed to compete with women.
No, I took his meaning that if men identify as women to flood women’s sports, people will finally do something to put a stop to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2019, 07:06 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This dude is a clown. He should be embarrassed.
You better check your cis gender privilege every morning and do something about it. Also, do you realize that you benefit from the oppression of others ?

Old 05-31-2019, 07:23 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
This is BS.I have a 10 year old granddaughter who qualified for the national gymnastics tournament in trampoline. There is no way she should have to compete with an "it". She beats the boys on a local level at her gym but I would doubt that she could on a national. She worked very hard to win first in state and second in regional.
Couple of random thoughts:

1. It hurts my heart to watch that video about the track athlete, and it hurts my heart reading about your concern for your grand daughter. I know the level of commitment needed to compete at that level - the constant training, the constant soreness, the occasional injuries, the constant mental focus, all the things you miss out on because you have made such a commitment to compete. And when you make all those "sacrifices" you do it willingly because you love what you do.

How much longer will that track athlete get up early to train, train through injuries, run in the rain and the cold and the heat - how much longer will she sit on the sidelines during meets that she would have otherwise qualified for - how much longer will she keep losing to males before she says "f it" and quits?

2. We take a lot of things for granted in this country. The ability of girls to participate, train and compete is one of those things. The playing field has just changed. That change will increasingly compromise our girls. We should never take ANYTHING for granted in this country, - and we should relearn and understand that, because of this move. And where the HELL are the adults? Coaches? Administrators? Teachers? Parents? I can understand the girls being afraid of being demonized and perhaps called haters - but I cannot understand the adults in their life being afraid of such things and allowing this to happen unchallenged.

3. Boys are increasingly being demonized as having toxic masculinity. Girls are increasingly being demonized by being pushed out of competitive sports. Follow the trends and begin to understand what we are doing to our up and coming generation of citizens. We are breaking them down........................

Old 05-31-2019, 07:26 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Couple of random thoughts:

1. It hurts my heart to watch that video about the track athlete, and it hurts my heart reading about your concern for your grand daughter. I know the level of commitment needed to compete at that level - the constant training, the constant soreness, the occasional injuries, the constant mental focus, all the things you miss out on because you have made such a commitment to compete. And when you make all those "sacrifices" you do it willingly because you love what you do.

How much longer will that track athlete get up early to train, train through injuries, run in the rain and the cold and the heat - how much longer will she sit on the sidelines during meets that she would have otherwise qualified for - how much longer will she keep losing to males before she says "f it" and quits?

2. We take a lot of things for granted in this country. The ability of girls to participate, train and compete is one of those things. The playing field has just changed. That change will increasingly compromise our girls. We should never take ANYTHING for granted in this country, - and we should relearn and understand that, because of this move. And where the HELL are the adults? Coaches? Administrators? Teachers? Parents? I can understand the girls being afraid of being demonized and perhaps called haters - but I cannot understand the adults in their life being afraid of such things and allowing this to happen unchallenged.

3. Boys are increasingly being demonized as having toxic masculinity. Girls are increasingly being demonized by being pushed out of competitive sports. Follow the trends and begin to understand what we are doing to our up and coming generation of citizens. We are breaking them down........................
Social engineering.

And the majority of people still. do. not. get. it.

Old 05-31-2019, 07:35 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
When I watched that video, it just shows the tremendous athletic advantage that men have over women.

Side note: When I was a kid, I took tennis lessons with a guy in his early 20s (he won regional tennis tournaments but nowhere near the level needed for global competition) who knew Chris Evert when she was #1 in the country. I asked him if he every played with her, and he said many times - and then I asked if he was ever able to beat her. Surprise: he said that he USUALLY beat her. IOW, a no-name guy can beat the #1 woman in the world.
I went to college and roomed with a guy who was a middling player on a middling suburban tennis team. He was friends with a girl who was a state champ ranked 2 or 3 on a state champ team. (Dont remember if it was 2 or 3 but it was not number 1). He won about half the time.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:21 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
I am all good with extending rights to the transgendered but there has to be common-sense regulations that recognize the physical advantages of being both with male DNA and physique in many areas including athletics. Rarely should things be completely black and white... this is a world of grays.

I'm physically good.... but no athlete. It wouldn't be fair for me to compete in Special Olympics.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I think if they want to be completely fair from a scientific biological standpoint, they should be forced to compete in the gender they were when they underwent puberty. Girls and boys don't fully differentiate in strength until after puberty. Mandating these transgender women suppress their testosterone for a full year before competition will not negate the athletic benefits of going through puberty as men.
I disagree. They should have to compete as their biological gender, and if they’re female to male, then they cannot compete against other biological females if they’re on hormone therapy. Anything else encourages young prepubescent people to transition when they’re far too young to make that irrevocable (and sterilizing) decision.

Besides, simply being born biological male gives an advantage over females no matter when the male to female trans start transitioning.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yep: 2 categories: men and co-ed. No more women's/girl's sports.

And crickets from the feminists who one would THINK would be screaming from the rooftops to protect women's interests.

Why aren't they saying anything?
Actually, there are many feminists fighting against this and getting a lot of grief over it.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, there are many feminists fighting against this and getting a lot of grief over it.
There is also a lesbian movement that is getting grief, too, because they are not interested in male genitalia. They don't want to date TG.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:58 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
This insanity has got to end soon. Women's sports have made huge strides since I was in high school Our high school fight song, back in the 70s, even had a line about cheering for our boys, because it never occurred to anyone that GIRLS were also playing sports. (that line has since been changed to cheering for our TEAM, thankfully). But with males (yes, that's what they are) now able to sign up for the girls' teams, female athletes are no better off than they were 50 years ago. Infuriating.

But maybe TGs in sports will be the tipping point that brings us back to common sense regarding what is a boy and what is a girl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies