Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2019, 07:23 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Sigh..

I answered this very directly on the other thread but I'll do it again for the memory impaired.

Everyone wants to reduce abortions.

Now for the follow-up to your "gotcha":

Why? Because prevention of the unwanted situation is always preferable to medical intervention/procedure after the fact.

Now - to continue the cycle here: do you "pro-lifers" really want to reduce unwanted pregnancy? If so, are you actively supporting comprehensive sex education (including methods of birth control including but not limited to abstinence- and how to obtain it)?
Right. I saw YOUR RESPONSE.
Are you speaking for the entire prochoice world now?
For every other poster on this thread?

Also: Nice insult -- again directed to the prolife poster.

Yes. People should use BC. And I've posted that at least A HUNDRED TIMES. I've answered that question again and again and again and again and again ...

Well, if abortion is so safe and no big deal, roll out of bed, head to the clinic, and BAM, why bother with BC? It's been said again and again that getting an abortion is really easy. It's barely a medical procedure with about zero risk (according to proabortioners).

Why bother preventing them?

It's a 100% legitimate question. Anyone ELSE want to answer that question?

Old 06-09-2019, 07:39 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Right. I saw YOUR RESPONSE.
Are you speaking for the entire prochoice world now?
For every other poster on this thread?

Also: Nice insult -- again directed to the prolife poster.

Yes. People should use BC. And I've posted that at least A HUNDRED TIMES. I've answered that question again and again and again and again and again ...

Well, if abortion is so safe and no big deal, roll out of bed, head to the clinic, and BAM, why bother with BC? It's been said again and again that getting an abortion is really easy. It's barely a medical procedure with about zero risk (according to proabosrtioners).

Why bother preventing them?

It's a 100% legitimate question. Anyone ELSE want to answer that question?
Why doesn't my response count?

You seem to think you are the ONLY pro-lifer on this thread. Why is that? I've seen several. Do they not count?

I make valid points.

-Prevention is always preferable.
- Why not start with the 20%? Isn't that better than nothing?
- What about the babies once they're born? Like it or not, they're not always put up for adoption. And some are "unadoptable" due to severe medical issues.

Are you interested in reducing unwanted pregnancies- and consequently abortion - or are you really interested in eliminating/reducing sex prior to marriage and since the availability of birth control and abortion reduces the risk - and hence the fear of unwanted pregnancy, it stands in the way of forcing your morality on others?

Last edited by maciesmom; 06-09-2019 at 07:50 AM..

Old 06-09-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Why doesn't my response count?

You seem to think you are the ONLY pro-lifer on this thread. Why is that? I've seen several. Do they not count?

I make valid points.

-Prevention is always preferable.
- Why not start with the 20%? Isn't that better than nothing?
- What about the babies once they're born? Like it or not, they're not always put up for adoption. And some are "unadoptable" due to severe medical issues.
Good grief. WHERE did I say your response did not count? I said I SAW your response. I also said I was interested in other posters responses. Do you believe your opinion is the only one that I should see? I should just take your responses as representative of all prochoicers all around the world?

And for FLIP'S SAKE: I've answered your sex ed / BC question a HUNDRED TIMES. I don't know how it is that you cannot seem to remember or understand that I've answered it already.

Not engaging you anymore. Your posts are repetitive and tiresome. You are not bringing anything new to the discussion as you keep asking me the SAME QUESTIONS over and over and over ... and seem offended that I would like to see others opinions, not just yours. This is typical behavior of proabortioners .. they fixate on the same 5 or so questions, and only want the abortion debate discuss within those narrow parameters.

Bye now. Ask the same 5 questions over and over and over and over to the other posters.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:22 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:

Not engaging you anymore. Your posts are repetitive and tiresome. You are not bringing anything new to the discussion as you keep asking me the SAME QUESTIONS over and over and over ... and seem offended that I would like to see others opinions, not just yours. This is typical behavior of proabortioners .. they fixate on the same 5 or so questions, and only want the abortion debate discuss within those narrow parameters.

Bye now. Ask the same 5 questions over and over and over and over to the other posters.
Quote:
Again:

Do prochoicers want to reduce the number of abortions?
LOL - when you say "again" is it because you just like the word or because you've repeatedly asked the same question?

At least I actually answer the question. Clearly and directly, not with another question, which ignores the premise or moves the goalposts.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:31 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know they can feel pain. If she doesn't want to breed she had the choice before engaging in sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
A fetus can feel pain at about 27 weeks when the cortex is fully formed. That’s the start of the 3rd trimester.
A fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy cannot feel pain for the reason stated above. Films like Silent Scream have been totally debunked. I watched a show where an entire panel of doctors did so.

Right to lifers cannot substantiate about 99% of their claims. It doesn't keep them from hysterically shouting things like "baby killers" though.

I think there are different reasons that people can have for opposing abortion. However, a segment of people do it because they can't stand the thought of women having a certain amount of autonomy over their bodies.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
LOL - when you say "again" is it because you just like the word or because you've repeatedly asked the same question?

At least I actually answer the question. Clearly and directly, not with another question, which ignores the premise or moves the goalposts.
I have answered your questions. Ad then asked followup questions. That's how discussion works.

You, instead, are fixated solely on sex ed. And cannot discuss anything BUT sex ed. Which is kinda of odd, but whatever. I've also asked you questions regarding what should be included in sex ed. ANd you've ignored that. I've asked you about the 75% of women in Florida who have stated that financials are NOT the reason for abortion. You continue to IGNORE that, again , fixating on sex ed, which I have TRIED to discuss with you in terms of character and self esteem. But you refuse to answer or discuss that at all. You ONLY want to discuss BC.

So i move on to other questions .... and YEP you come back AGAIN to sex ed.

Tedious. Unproductive. Narrow view.

Putting you on ignore.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:52 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Again:

Yes. But banning abortion won’t do that. What will:

Sex education that focuses on more than abstinence
Free or low cost birth control being easily available to all women and men
Free or low cost prenatal care and delivery for those who lack good insurance
Paid maternity leave for all
Low cost daycare for all

If you first try and put birth control in the hands of everyone and then make pregnancy, delivery, maternity leave and daycare things that won’t financially devastate families, then the number of abortions will fall.

Banning abortion alone will force it back underground not reduce it. All you’ll do is kill women.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:53 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Again:

In general, choicers want to reduce the number of abortions, but not because they care about the number of embryos or fetuses terminated. Every abortion means something the woman preferred not happen, happened.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
In general, choicers want to reduce the number of abortions, but not because they care about the number of embryos or fetuses terminated. Every abortion means something the woman preferred not happen, happened.
So it's a convenience factor for the women, rather than any specific ideology.

What if a woman said it's easier to get an abortion than take a pill every day or find a man who will use a condom?

What would a prochoice response be to that statement?

Old 06-09-2019, 09:06 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
So it's a convenience factor for the women, rather than any specific ideology.

What if a woman said it's easier to get an abortion than take a pill every day or find a man who will use a condom?

What would a prochoice response be to that statement?
That we need to know WHY it’s easier and fix the problem. Is birth control too expensive for her to afford every month at a drug store? Is it hard to get because she lacks transportation? For example, there’s 1 Planned Parenthood clinic in Missouri. How can a poor woman who lives hundreds of miles away get there every month to pick up free birth control? She can’t.

And we need to ask men WHY they refuse to wear a condom. Can’t afford them or not easily available? Or some BS about how it feels? Either way, we need to figure out how to encourage him to use them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies