Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 09:16 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jud...ds-border-wall

haha..good news

do you think the dems will let it go?
They can just do what Trump does and appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 09:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
That's not how it works, legal standing "requires" an imminent harm... political losses are not imminent harm.
No but they could be harmed from the money removed from elsewhere every bit a much as someone else.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:23 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No but they could be harmed from the money removed from elsewhere every bit a much as someone else.
but you cant really file a court claim on what "could be"..courts deal in facts

Old 06-04-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
but you cant really file a court claim on what "could be"..courts deal in facts
I don't know where all Trump has planned to remove money from, but I can guarantee you that there is a politician that would be affected by it.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:34 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't know where all Trump has planned to remove money from, but I can guarantee you that there is a politician that would be affected by it.
But the money was never originally to be used for politicians..its for the citizens

Old 06-04-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
But the money was never originally to be used for politicians..its for the citizens
Politicians are also citizens.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:00 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Eleventy brazillion?

Seriously, you tell us. You're the legal scholar with a very narrow specialization in Trump-related cases. You should be able to pull this information from a Facebook meme.

I see my point flew extremely far over your head...again.....but what can we expect with...well...bless your heart...

9 if I remember correctly....and that was during the Obama years....

Next...

Old 06-04-2019, 10:48 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
The Dems hate judges who use the actual law when making their decisions. They rely on activist judges making up law to support their agenda.
Sure conservatives have a history the last 2 years of going along with judges rulings, now that's funny. I guess actual law is when you agree with the courts decision and when it goes against your opinion its legislating from the bench. I'm not going to search down the judges voter registration and complain if he is a republican, I could care less.

I think back to the republicans criticizing the Iran deal and sending a letter to their leader quoting the constitution, where are they now. I don't know if this violates the constitution. I will leave that to the courts but the silence from the right on this and the Trump tariffs has been deafening, where did they go.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:51 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
The Dems hate judges who use the actual law when making their decisions. They rely on activist judges making up law to support their agenda.

Can you point out the "actual law" that gives the POTUS the right to redistribute funds allocated for other purposes to his own little pet projects? And, IF it really is an emergency as alleged, Trump's certainly taken his damn sweet time acting on it.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:03 AM

1,199 posts, read 639,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I see my point flew extremely far over your head...again.....but what can we expect with...well...bless your heart...

9 if I remember correctly....and that was during the Obama years....

Next...
You didn’t make a point. You asked how many times the 9th Circuit has been reversed, apropos of nothing, in a thread about a district court decision that falls under the jurisdiction of the D.C. Circuit.

A charitable reading of your post would be that you’re suggesting that the 9th Circuit will affirm Judge Gilliam’s contrary decision, and the Supreme Court will reverse it because of the 9th Circuit’s track record. If that was your point, then it didn’t go over my head... I’m just too intelligent to draw hasty conclusions from raw statistics.

Between 2007 and 2018, the Ninth Circuit was reversed in 75.5% of the cases that SCOTUS agreed to hear. The D.C. Circuit was reversed 72.3% of the time - not exactly a resounding improvement. You should leave the legal trivia to the big boys, and stick to more general talking points about Obummer judges, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies