Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 02:49 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Gore has the knowledge and speaking credentials to command large fees to lecture and teach about Global Warming
Gore doesn't have the credentials to speak on anything science-related.

Quote:
Trump golf course and resorts acknowledges man made global warming. Trump’s golf course in Scotland petitioned local authorities to build a sea wall around the property to protect against rising sea levels due to global warming.
That may have been in jest. I mean, I always tell the climate alarmists to build a giant arc to avoid the flood when it comes - or move somewhere up in the mountains and leave the rest of us to die.

Hurry up, quick it's coming!

The seventh day adventists prepared years in advance for the rapture, you all need to start prepping for the global warming flood. Spend all of your money. Your life depends on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 10:28 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
This is what happens after the conference. They did this for scientific reasons of course.

Climate protesters glue hands to road in Brisbane CBD

Video obtained by 9News shows two people lying in the middle of the road near a pedestrian crossing on Queen Street.

They had chained themselves together before glueing themselves to the bitumen about 7.30am.

Traffic was blocked for three hours as authorities worked to remove the pair, using chemicals to dissolve the super glue on their hands.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 06-18-2019 at 10:45 AM..

Old 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Those in gov. who promote this scam won't lose a dime if it doesn't go over and stand to really make bank if it does !!!
If AOC stays at it long enough she can have her own jet to belch out the evil footprint !!!

Last edited by phma; 06-18-2019 at 10:47 AM..

Old 06-18-2019, 12:33 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... for getting $320,000 from Australia to peddle his climate scam.

Al Gore to conduct climate leadership training in Brisbane

Former US Vice President Al Gore will visit Brisbane next year to conduct climate change leadership training for up to a 1000 people from across Australia and the Pacific.

The three-day event at the Brisbane Convention Centre 5 to 7 June 2019 – run by the Climate Reality Project – will see business and community leaders trained to be educators and take action with climate solutions, as the world moves to meet its commitments under the Paris Agreement.

“This major event will provide the skills for business and community leaders to influence the community to take action on climate change.

“Taking action now on climate change will not only help to keep global temperatures below dangerous levels, it is also an opportunity for businesses to get on the front foot as the world transitions to a low carbon economy,” Ms Enoch said.

“Embracing solutions to climate change will in many cases lead to more jobs, more prospects for businesses, and safer communities if we position ourselves to take advantage of global trends.”

----------------------

Alan Jones slams QLD government for paying to bring Al Gore to Australia

Taxpayers will fork out more than $320,000 for the Climate Week conference, where form US vice president Al Gore will “communicate the urgency of the climate crisis”.

“It is not believable,” says Alan, “that the Queensland government can be so awash with money as to bring this hypocrite Al Gore to Australia for a conference.

“When so many important instruments of government are underfunded, when farmers can’t feed their cattle in Queensland, and $320,000 goes to waste on this shonk.”

He will need the funds for the massive electric bill he incurs at his home in Nashville. The average electrical use per home is 10,812 kwH per year. Gore's Nashville home used 230,889 kwH in the year shown below.

I would prefer Americans get that scam money that others, even if it's ole Mr. Global Warming liar Algore himself. I would encourage enterprising Americans who need the money to come up with some scam to get foreigners to part with their hard earned money to "save the planet."

Old 06-18-2019, 12:35 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
This is what happens after the conference. They did this for scientific reasons of course.

Climate protesters glue hands to road in Brisbane CBD

Video obtained by 9News shows two people lying in the middle of the road near a pedestrian crossing on Queen Street.

They had chained themselves together before glueing themselves to the bitumen about 7.30am.

Traffic was blocked for three hours as authorities worked to remove the pair, using chemicals to dissolve the super glue on their hands.
Shouldda just left em there for a few days.

Old 06-18-2019, 12:43 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
I'll let you surf thru the article.

'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change,' Ocasio-Cortez says

I'm all about finding the truth, and I will adjust my world based on it. I'm not going to change my worldview just because the crowd says I should believe something.
That`s not what she said. Did you actually read it? When she said we`re like the world is going to end....the "we`re like" part of it kills your take on it. Nice try though. I can`t believe you`ve never heard a young person say that "we`re like" thing. Jeezus man!

Old 06-18-2019, 12:49 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
That`s not what she said. Did you actually read it? When she said we`re like the world is going to end....the "we`re like" part of it kills your take on it. Nice try though. I can`t believe you`ve never heard a young person say that "we`re like" thing. Jeezus man!
Ocasio-Cortez called the fight to mitigate the effects of climate change her generation's "World War II."

"Millennials and Gen Z and all these folks that come after us are looking up, and we're like, 'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?' " she said.

Not sure why you are having a problem here... it's pretty straightforward.

Everyone else understood what she said. The editor of the paper used that statement in the headline.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:44 PM

23,985 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Ocasio-Cortez called the fight to mitigate the effects of climate change her generation's "World War II."

"Millennials and Gen Z and all these folks that come after us are looking up, and we're like, 'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?' " she said.

Not sure why you are having a problem here... it's pretty straightforward.

Everyone else understood what she said. The editor of the paper used that statement in the headline.
I thought the media was untrustworthy. So the headline writer understood the topic exactly?

Old 06-18-2019, 05:46 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
What is the source?

If the whole conference runs 320k that does not mean Gore gets anywhere near that amount. Its like say a plumber gets 250k because that is what a new house costs.

Also- those electric bills were basically cherry-picked. Limabaugh came up with his bills but used the numbers from when the house was actually under construction. That is a vastly larger use of energy than actually running the house- especially since it included installing a crap ton of green energy technology that means the house would use less energy for its size.
IIRC Gore has admitted such, but says that he offsets his energy use via purchase of carbon credits.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Al Gore's involvement has ironically set back climate change efforts in the US.

Had he not gotten involved the denialist movement as it exits today would probably be less absurd.

His involvement made it easier for the right wing echo chamber to politicize the issue and seed the denialist movement belief system to low info cons.
You are not wrong. He does the opposite of what he claims everyone else needs to do. All it really takes are a few abusers to ruin a message.
Case in point is Al Gore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies