Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a presidential candidate alert the FBI to foreign adversaries trying to give them “dirt” on t
Yes 153 81.38%
No 35 18.62%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 08:17 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
You won’t change the mind of many of his supporters but as can be seen by the reaction around our country this is not going his way and they know which is why they are frantically trying to paint it as normal. Majority of Americans are not ok with it.

Any candidate who takes intelligence from a foreign government would be compromised and left beholden to that country. It is my belief, and that of many far wiser than I, in the Justice Department and the various intelligence communities of our country, that this is the case. From the get go, Sally Yates and others raised the alarm that was not heeded by this administration. Why was that? Why still is that?

Trump says he’d consider accepting dirt from foreign governments on his opponents. Just because he used Norway, who is not an adversary of ours, as an example to provide his followers some spinning room and rationalization, does not mean it isn't an assertion that would preclude ANY other government employee from getting even the most basic security clearance.

Once again, he’d consider accepting dirt from foreign governments on his opponents. His idiotic assertion alone should be enough to give any American who cares about his/her country chills. He doesn't learn does he?

Trump has been grooming his supporters much like a pedophile or other psychological abuser does. His diehard apologists and explainers appear to have been successfully "groomed" by Traitor Trump. Just look at the comments and lack of independent thinking revealed in this tiny thread.

For those of us who have not been successfully groomed and victimized by Donald Trump's toxic relationship, it is worth repeating:

President Trump said he would consider accepting information/dirt on his political opponents from a foreign government. Despite the concerns raised by the intelligence community and special counsel Robert S. Mueller III over Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, he would do it again. This is an "IN YOUR FACE AMERICA", moment! And his minions will cheer, because their guy has groomed them to advocate against themselves. Trained them to defend those who abuse them. Convinced them that norms, values, respect and truth are not to be cherished, defended and emulated for the good of the USA. You know, " I am your savior and do not have a thought of your own or consider how perverted and cruel I am as I hurt you and lead you and the USA to ruin".

His legions have been psychologically abused as he tries to control the information only they should hear and see. He only wants them to have his ideas and actions as an intent to manipulate their sense of reality or their view of what is acceptable and unacceptable.

Make no mistake, the President of the United States, told all who were listening, that he, Donald Trump condones a foreign government's interference in our elections.

Chilling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 08:18 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,582,886 times
Whether he meant it or not, the ONLY difference between Trump and EVERY other politician is, he's admits he would.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
From one of Trump's biggest supporters, Sen.. Lindsey Graham: "I think it's a mistake. I think it's a mistake of law. I don't wanna send a signal to encourage this"

Old 06-13-2019, 08:21 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
lol well it worked the first time so why not XD

Old 06-13-2019, 08:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Sure we are...but she's not President, not running NOW.

As I said -- Since the 2016 election there isn't a politician except Trump who would tell the world he would take info. about his opponent from a foreign govt.

If you want to debate who did it worse...that's another thread.

fine hitlery is not president and not running.....but...

but Obama was president. And he got dirt from foreigners

the Obama administration made the dossier the centerpiece of its attack on the right

Old 06-13-2019, 08:23 AM

352 posts, read 518,857 times
Republicans will find a way to be ok with this, or spout off more "but Clinton" bs.

It's amazing what the party of Trump will allow this man to do and say. They should be ashamed of themselves, but of course they aren't.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:24 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
let's see....Obama and Hitlery took dirt from a foreign operative and made a dossier ....did you describe them as traitors??????
BUBUBUttt-that's different.....

I actually think those on the left are too stupid to recognize that Trump is saying he might do exactly what Hillary did do.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:25 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
Denying this is happening and rationalizing that a sitting President is talking this way and would act this way is not okay. He's getting more brazen for sure and no one to check him.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:32 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It's not me who thinks it's ok because others did it.....

It's you when you didn't give a fat rat's ass about it when they did.

I'm not sure who these 'others' are in your first statement but I have to have some confidence in our legal system to prosecute crimes when they are found.

Anyone convicted of a crime should pay the penalty. So your second statement is is a lie and verbal vulgarity is the bastion of a losing argument.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:32 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,614 times
Well, look at the bright side. for the first time in his presidency, he actually told the truth about something....how morally bankrupt and corrupt he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies