Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 09:03 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Values are only a part of a culture. No, we are not multi-cultural per se. We have an identifying one with minority cultures living among us. Language is a part of a culture but it doesn't have anything to do with values. There is a time and place for everything. IMO, if you know how so speak English then speak it in public. If you don't know English then learn it. I don't care what language you speak in the privacy of your own home.
For the umpteenth time, it is none of your darned business what language people speak in public if it is a private conversation and you are NOT a party to it. Kindly go choke on your ethnocentrism.

And cultures are cultures. You don't get to define mine to marginalize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 12:09 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNativist View Post
This isn't Sweden. As far as I can tell the U.S has no official language. Speaking of Sweden (since you brought it up to make a point, but failed).

Nonetheless, when I was visiting Sweden among other western Euro countries I found them to be more than capable of communicating in a multitude of languages, including English. Especially the younger generation, unlike most Americans. Much of the issue is our abysmal education system here in the states, in particular the red ones (which weigh our nation down the most).
Obviously, you saw the worst in what I had to say. Why should we communicate beyond this point?

Old 10-15-2019, 12:15 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Quote:
So we'll just be clones of one another and lose the uniqueness of each race and ethnicity? How is that a good thing?
Who said anything about being clones? Clones are genetically identical. When you expand the gene pool, you get the opposite of clones; you get variety and uniqueness. I value the uniqueness of individuals much more than the uniformity of skin color. And ethnicity is still there. Most of us are a mix of ethnicities now, and we still can value each one.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:18 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Quote:
Really? Provide some examples. There are plenty just in this forum alone of the hate and intolerance by the liberal left. Just for starters how about one of them spitting on an elderly man just because he was wearing a MAGA hat?
Good God! Do you actually need examples? The most glaring are his early statement that Hispanics are all rapists, murderers and gang members, and one of the most glaring is the statements about keeping out people from sh*th-le countries. There are too many to name.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 172 times
Found this video on YouTube by Michael Gavin about cultural diversity. You guys should check it out.
[url]https://dausel.co/VW1kaT[/url]

Old 10-15-2019, 06:07 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
So we'll just be clones of one another and lose the uniqueness of each race and ethnicity? How is that a good thing?
Race is not tied to uniqueness. Actually, no real positives in the existence of different races. Example, instead of two, there could be one. Immediately, all unnecessary racial differences that have benefitted no one and caused nothing but distrust and hatred
would be gone. Instant better world.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:45 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNativist View Post
This isn't Sweden. As far as I can tell the U.S has no official language. Speaking of Sweden (since you brought it up to make a point, but failed).

Nonetheless, when I was visiting Sweden among other western Euro countries I found them to be more than capable of communicating in a multitude of languages, including English. Especially the younger generation, unlike most Americans. Much of the issue is our abysmal education system here in the states, in particular the red ones (which weigh our nation down the most).
English is our national de facto language like it or not. Doesn't matter what people in other countries do either. Most people all over the planet cannot communicate in multiple languages. Most people don't have the time for it nor in most cases a need for it. There are far more important things for our kids to learn in school than multiple languages. If you come here as an immigrant then learn English. We shouldn't have to learn yours to communicate with you. Where is your proof that the schools in red states weigh our nation down the most? Making stuff up as you go along? Most "immigrants" settle in red states and many times their kids enter our schools not knowing a lick of English. That's what weighs our nation down and is costly also.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Who said anything about being clones? Clones are genetically identical. When you expand the gene pool, you get the opposite of clones; you get variety and uniqueness. I value the uniqueness of individuals much more than the uniformity of skin color. And ethnicity is still there. Most of us are a mix of ethnicities now, and we still can value each one.
We'd all look very similar in skin color and physical characteristics though with too much cross breeding. No, the variety would remain only by not doing so. Physical looks has nothing to do with values. I value all of the uniqueness of the races/ethnicities not just one or the other. Do you want blonde haired, blue eyed people to disappear? Brown haired, brown eyed people to disappear? We'd all be a combination of both instead of the distinctness.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:57 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Pardon me while a laugh for a while. Hate and intolerance are his lodestar, his moral center.
Quote:
Really? Provide some examples. There are plenty just in this forum alone of the hate and intolerance by the liberal left. Just for starters how about one of them spitting on an elderly man just because he was wearing a MAGA hat?
Quote:
Good God! Do you actually need examples? The most glaring are his early statement that Hispanics are all rapists, murderers and gang members, and one of the most glaring is the statements about keeping out people from sh*th-le countries. There are too many to name.
he never said all Hispanics are rapists, murderers and gang members. favoring people from certain countries is not 'hate.' though i suppose you could say that not wanting excessive numbers from ****hole countries is intolerant in a sense.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Why do you and yours continue to repeat this lie after 4 years? Trump never said that all Hispanics (he used the word Mexicans not Hispanics anyway), rapists, murderers, etc. He was speaking of those here illegally and he said they aren't all that way. There are sh*thole countries. You can't possibly be denying that! If there weren't any then why do these illegals keep coming here claiming they are fleeing those countries? You make no sense at all!

Come back with us when you can even remotely compare the labels that you lefty liberals put on your fellow American conservatives such as Nazis, racists, xenophobes, etc. not to mention the nasty labels and descriptions you put on our president! The whole lot of you need to grow up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies