Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2019, 12:26 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The Scots are of Celtic origin.
My mistake, but yes. Trying to say all European's are the same because they're white is bogus.

Btw, to Kavalier, you realize that South Asians and Arabs are Caucasian don't you? But I bet you consider them different.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 12:39 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
If a Korean and a Hmong have a child in America, what are you going to define that child as on the Census?
Korean and Hmong.

How would you classify these two Uyghur kids from Western China?

What would these two kids be on the census? Asians?

Old 10-24-2019, 12:40 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Korean and Hmong.
Nope. Doesn't work that way. The American government would definte them as Asian.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:59 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Uh, they are ethnicities. Slovenians, Czechs and Slovaks are Slavs while Scottish are Anglo-Saxon
uh, no, they aren't. they are the names of countries. you just demonstrated how they fail to be ethnicities by naming three countries of origin (bold) that are the same ethnicity.

the son of a Chinese immigrant, born in czech republic, is a czech. his ethnicity is assuredly not Slavic.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
uh, no, they aren't. they are the names of countries. you just demonstrated how they fail to be ethnicities by naming three countries of origin (bold) that are the same ethnicity.

the son of a Chinese immigrant, born in czech republic, is a czech. his ethnicity is assuredly not Slavic.
I'm talking the ethnicities, not the nationalities. Don't be dense

Old 10-24-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I'm talking the ethnicities, not the nationalities.
you aren't. that's the whole problem.

Quote:
Don't be dense
physician, heal thyself.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
you aren't. that's the whole problem.

physician, heal thyself.
Yes. I am. Even though Slovenians, Slovaks and Czech (ethnically) are all Slavs, they have different languages and only a common geneological family.

I bet you think that Chinese and Japanese are the same

Old 10-24-2019, 01:13 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:

No Czechs, Slovaks and Slovanians were Slavic ethnic / linguistic group first, then they became nations. The French on the other hand were a nation before they were thought of as an ethnic group.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Yes. I am. Even though Slovenians, Slovaks and Czech (ethnically) are all Slavs, they have different languages and only a common geneological family.
no you are not. explain how the son of the Chinese immigrant in the example i gave is 'ethnically' czech.

go!

Quote:
I bet you think that Chinese and Japanese are the same
i bet you slapped yourself silly so many times that you make stupid assumptions like that quite regularly

Old 10-24-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
no you are not. explain how the son of the Chinese immigrant in the example i gave is 'ethnically' czech.

go!

i bet you slapped yourself silly so many times that you make stupid assumptions like that all the time
I'm not talking about a Czech national who happens to be ethnically Chinese. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU KEEP DEFLECTING AND BRINGING IT UP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies