Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 04:10 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,520,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You mean all the Democrats in congress really want is to drive up black voter turnout for the 2020 election. Everyone knows reparations are not going to happen. They figured out that the reason Obama won so handily in 2008 and 2012 was in large part because of a higher black voter turnout, and Hillary wasn't able to get that high of a turnout even with the BLM protests.
The problem is that a candidate who promises reparations will lose more white voters than gain black voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 04:24 PM

30,087 posts, read 18,701,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The problem is that a candidate who promises reparations will lose more white voters than gain black voters.
I think the dems have figured they are losing that demographic. Thus the strong desire to bring in millions of illegals who are federally dependent and new democrat supporters.

Prosperous, confident people don't need democrats. Those who have failed in life and the victim class need democrats for handouts.

Old 06-21-2019, 05:11 PM

24,026 posts, read 15,125,430 times
Quote:
You mean all the Democrats in congress really want is to drive up black voter turnout for the 2020 election. Everyone knows reparations are not going to happen. They figured out that the reason Obama won so handily in 2008 and 2012 was in large part because of a higher black voter turnout, and Hillary wasn't able to get that high of a turnout even with the BLM protests.
You might think little of the elected.

But, they didn't just fall from a turnip truck.

Many blacks would like a national conversation about the result of slavery, Jim Crow, banks not lending, GM refusing to sell Cadilacs to blacks, yadayadayada.

IMO, all anybody wants is an acknowledgment that it happened and it was wrong. Kings X

Old 06-21-2019, 05:23 PM

30,306 posts, read 23,784,547 times
Quote:
Republicans said no to handouts back at the Great Depression. The Dems said, "this is how get those people to vote for us", and gave all the black folks a handout. Today, we now see some people who treat it like it's deserved simply because, and have no ambition to get out from under it. "Keep paying my rent and buying my food, I'll keep voting for Dems!"

Fast forward:

"Obama going to buy me a house and a new car!"

So now the Dems are toying with the black population again by telling them they are going to get free money.

And how many are going to fall for it all over again?

Old 06-21-2019, 07:08 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,190,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Republicans said no to handouts back at the Great Depression. The Dems said, "this is how get those people to vote for us", and gave all the black folks a handout. Today, we now see some people who treat it like it's deserved simply because, and have no ambition to get out from under it. "Keep paying my rent and buying my food, I'll keep voting for Dems!"

Fast forward:

"Obama going to buy me a house and a new car!"

So now the Dems are toying with the black population again by telling them they are going to get free money.

And how many are going to fall for it all over again?
WHITES received the handouts back at the Great Depression. Stop your lies.

How Today’s White Middle Class Was Made Possible By Welfare
Whites, angered at blacks and immigrants receiving “government handouts,” forget they were lifted out of poverty through racially exclusive welfare programs in the 30s.
How Today’s White Middle Class Was Made Possible By Welfare - In These Times

White Americans support welfare programs — but only for themselves, says new research
New study shows white Americans love government support programs — that is, if they're the beneficiaries
https://www.salon.com/2018/08/01/whi...-new-research/

Old 06-21-2019, 07:15 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,153,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The same place the money comes from to go door to door to check if your dog's license is up-to-date.

Etc, etc, etc.

Answer: YOU!

Now rise for the National Anthem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muda6LPMhj0
Wait does that actually happen?

Old 06-21-2019, 08:06 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,554,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Fifty years ago gun control wasn't a partisan issue. Many Democrats, even a few liberals, were strong opponents of the Gun Control Act of 1968. In 2000, Congressman John Dingell, a liberal Michigan Democrat, one of the last liberals to oppose gun control, engineered the defeat of laws that would have destroyed gun shows. Sadly, they're all dead.

The Democratic Party was once the party of sound money, free trade, and individual freedom. Sadly, that party is dead.
YOu may be right-but I find it hard to believe that with 2 dozen candidates that there isn't one that respects the civil rights of American citizens.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:27 PM

5,115 posts, read 2,058,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
WHITES received the handouts back at the Great Depression. Stop your lies.

White Americans support welfare programs — but only for themselves, says new research
New study shows white Americans love government support programs — that is, if they're the beneficiaries
https://www.salon.com/2018/08/01/whi...-new-research/
I don't know if Salon is still trustable and credible, after a controversy they got a couple of years ago. City-Data have some threads about it. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...supporter.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...edophilia.html

But that's a topic for another thread. Back to reparations, should we go even further back in time, to ancient Egypt as mentionned in some memes like this one or this one for example?

Old 06-21-2019, 09:22 PM

20,885 posts, read 9,576,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Fifty years ago gun control wasn't a partisan issue.
Fifty years ago, even some republicans were calling for drastic gun control measures.

Gun control: Richard Nixon wished for total handgun ban

Old 06-21-2019, 09:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
I don't know what you are talking about but Tulsi Gabbard notes she is pro 2nd amendment.

Seems to me that since Clinton the most restrictions have been either supported or passed by Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies