Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 02:23 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What is Trump and the GOP offering? Four more years of chaos? Of indecision? Of flipflopping from one minute to the next? Of alienating our allies and empowering our enemies? Of 5,000 + documented lies every year from the Oval Office? Of a president who sits on the john all night tweeting inanities? Of tax cuts for the one percent and slashing of the social safety net for the rest of us?

Perhaps Americans are tired of this circus and want some intelligence and stability in their government. At least those of us who haven't been brainwashed by a con man.

The "chaos" doesn't come from Trump.

It comes from the Left and the media's overreaction to Trump.

News Flash:

The sky is in fact not falling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 02:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

News Flash:

Our golden toilet tweeter IS the chaos. Those who have not been conned know this. The brainwashed...not so much.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:28 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
"The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction."
--Donald J. Trump
Yep, but then he won and inherited a good economy and all of a sudden the numbers were real and all thanks to him!

Old 06-24-2019, 02:31 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

News Flash:

Tell that to the kids held in the detention camps. I've been hearing horror stories. So for some, yes, indeed, the sky is falling.

That being said, I don't think even that is enough to get people to do anything about the current dumpster fire in the White House. Especially when I see reactions on this forum to kids living in deplorable conditions right on our own soil, when some of the only responses I get are send them back to where they came from. As if children know where they came from. But if that is how so many feel, then re-electing Trump would not surprise me at all.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:42 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I swear, it seems like they are doing everything in their power to sabotage themselves/ They are doing one of two things

1. Complain nonstop about Trump

2. Offer insane ideas that will never work just to pander to a certain group

Is anyone really thinking that is going to work?
This is what I've been saying for months now. They seem to be out of touch with the average voter in the country, average democrat voter I should say more specifically.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:48 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is what I've been saying for months now. They seem to be out of touch with the average voter in the country, average democrat voter I should say more specifically.
Even if that's so, they are a lot more in touch with the voters than Trump is. I'm strongly against reparations for slavery for instance, but if its between voting for a pro-reparations Democrat and voting for Trump I'll gladly vote Democrat.

Trump offers nothing if you aren't a white, heterosexual, fundamentalist Christian who believes in a strictly enforced patriarchal society.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:48 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times
I don't believe the Democrats are like that.

I do believe a lot of the Candidates running do believe with their best interest at heart can make a lot of positive change to America.

However, maybe I am more pessimistic. I don't see a lot of the change the Democratic candidates want some happening; it will all depend on which Party controls Congress.

If we have a Democratic President and a Republican Congress feel those voting Democrat should research and possibly consider a more moderate Democratic candidate.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:55 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Even if that's so, they are a lot more in touch with the voters than Trump is. I'm strongly against reparations for slavery for instance, but if its between voting for a pro-reparations Democrat and voting for Trump I'll gladly vote Democrat.

Trump offers nothing if you aren't a white, heterosexual, fundamentalist Christian who believes in a strictly enforced patriarchal society.
I have no vested interest in protecting Trump. I didn't vote for him or Clinton for that matter. I'm answering the thread. I think average Joe voter might hold his nose and vote for Trump, not saying, just saying.

6 to 8 states will probably decide who's going to win and the last I heard was that trump isn't doing so hot in some of those states.

The Democratic leadership needs to step up and take the controls away from the children in the party, the AOC types and provide a real solid plan that is going to appeal to the vast majority of middle of the road people which most people tend to sit.

They got to ****can the boutique interests and get back to the bread and butter basic and find ways to improve the lives of the average middle class family.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:58 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I swear, it seems like they are doing everything in their power to sabotage themselves/ They are doing one of two things

1. Complain nonstop about Trump

2. Offer insane ideas that will never work just to pander to a certain group

Is anyone really thinking that is going to work?
Are you saying that you aren't going to vote Democrat... If so, then yes, it seems it is working... Sad...

Old 06-24-2019, 03:01 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
They got to ****can the boutique interests and get back to the bread and butter basic and find ways to improve the lives of the average middle class family.
Things like a living wage, universal healthcare, protecting the environment, and protecting Roe v Wade and marriage equality are popular things outside the Trump base. Trump has offered the middle class nothing except appeals to emotion and prejudice. Making brown people or gay people suffer doesn't improve the lives of middle class Americans at all.

Of course Fox News is going to spin it so their audience believes the Dems care only about fringe issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies