Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 08:30 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,009,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
What has he actually accomplished in any of those 3...Illegals still come in and he is treating them completely inhumanely in these concentration camps...Manufacturing still isn't coming back, heck GM just closed one of it's largest plants in the Youngstown, OH area...several thousand jobs lost...3 Keeps threatening Iran when the Iran Nuclear Agreement was working.
I am not a Trump supporter nor voted for him. Trump has done a lot to address illegal immigration. If you think otherwise, you're wearing blinders. Thus far he has kept us out of war with Iran. To say otherwise is just factually incorrect.

As for mfg.:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ma...ago-2019-01-04

Quote:
Last year, 264,000 new manufacturing jobs were added, representing the highest number of new workers since 1988. As a percent of the total workforce, manufacturing rose for the first time since 1984.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 09:31 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,620,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I am not a Trump supporter nor voted for him. Trump has done a lot to address illegal immigration. If you think otherwise, you're wearing blinders. Thus far he has kept us out of war with Iran. To say otherwise is just factually incorrect.

As for mfg.:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ma...ago-2019-01-04
most liberals just spout dnc talking points, with no independent thought or rationale

Old 06-26-2019, 05:09 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,297,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow--you really need to lay off MSNBC
I"m not sure if I've EVER watched MSNBC, and I haven't watched CNN for more than five minutes in the last 6+ years either. Just observation my friend. It was what he ran his campaign on.

Everything was either protecting us from Latin Americans or Middle Easterners, or "hillary" (i'll lump in anything he said about Obama, who wasn't running, with "Hillary".)

I guess I could be gracious and add in the stuff about how Coal is going to save the economy, and other promises he made to get people to vote against their own interest, but for the most part I stand by my comments, and arrive at them from watching him speak, I don't watch 24/7 news at all. I tried, I can't.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:28 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,297,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
No doubt. The TDS is strong here. I'm not even a fan of Trump really and I see people everyday and all day misrepresent him on certain things. Of course he brings a lot of criticism on himself, but that's another thread.

For some reason objective reasoning went out the window with so many people the last couple of years. I see Trump for what he is, half the time he's just talking crap and he spews bluster for the most part. He's trolling the hell out of people and most people can't see it or him for what he is. He's a carnival barker, a reality show guy and a host of other things.

Is he an evil Stalin or Hitler type, no, of course not. Is he a buffoon at times, yeah, of course he is.

None of what I said is an endorsement or condoning his behavior.
I'll give you a more reasonable response, because that yours warrants it.

It's not TDS with me. I watch this guy, and I see a marketer/real-estate guy who was known by many to be slimy, perhaps a fraud, LONG before he got into politics. He built his career on (among other things) the ability to understand what resonates with people, and to wrap a whole lot of nothing in pretty packaging that makes them feel like they are getting what they want.

Going WAY back, you could find posts from me stating that Trump absolutely understood what the problems of the USA were. I gave him credit for that, and I still do. Where he went wrong is that he did not propose solutions that will fix it.

Tariffs will hurt our economy in the long run. Short term fix. (Pretty wrapping)
Muslims are not the problem, terrorists are. Create fear, get votes. (pretty/ugly wrapping)
While a secure border is important, the wall is way down the list of things that need to be fixed
Hillary was absolutely more of the same. She didn't kill anyone, and she hasn't done any crimes that have not been done by team trump. "Lock her up" was what he ran on. Not on any real policy.
Telling coal workers they'll get their job back: At best, a temporary fix to kick the can down the road.

And the whole "Drain the Swamp" thing? C'mon! He's cultivated the swamp. Even his best supporters are not going to be able to deny that he has put "big business cronies" in, and has given positions to friends and family, rather than really qualified people.

There is (IMO) no objective way to see what he is doing, and to think that it's good for the long-term health of our country. Like the last 40-years of POTUS's or don't like them. Fine. At least they respected the office.

There are HUGE problems with our country, and truth be told, Dems and Reps are both fueled by money and influence. I don't know how to get away from that, because that same money is required to get into office. US Gov't is like the mob. Once you get to a certain level, you're owned. Not in a pure "pay to play", but a more subtle "if you want to get re-elected....". Isn't that really what Trump ran against (in addition to what I said earlier)? If it is, I don't think people can really show me where he's done anything to fix it. I could give him the benefit of the doubt, and say it's the system, not him. Still, he has not delivered on that overriding promise.

Do you really think I got that opinion from watching MSNBC? (I didn't)

All he has delivered on is:
1. Mongering fear at the border, and abroad (brown man bad)
2. two and a half years in, still whining about Hillary

He failed us bigly with NK
He got a "false deal" from Mexico (They sent troops to the USA Border, LMAO)
He's a facade. A house of cards. There is no foundation to what he is doing.

I'm not sure Hillary would have fixed anything. I suspect we would have gotten 4-8 more years of the same c-rap we've had for decades. That is not good. But it is my OPINION that as bad as the status quo would have been, it was better than what we got. I believe we have taken big steps backwards.

And before you accuse me of having TDS, or being a hater, I'll remind everyone one more time. I have not unfriended people for supporting Trump. I have not let it guide my life. (This is actually one of the only places I come to discuss politics, I leave it out of the rest of my life, the best I can.) I am marrying an avid Trump supporter in a week from Today. I love her, and I know her heart. I get that she has her reasons for liking him, just like I have my reasons for not liking him. We disagree on the solution, but AGAIN, we agree on what the problems are, for the most part. As a whole, I generally defend Trump Supporters for "having their valid reasons". On issues, I have a very hard time defending any of them, because I see it differently. I don't think that's a syndrome. I think THAT is what makes America great, that we can all have different ideas, and hopefully can come together to solve some problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies