Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: True or false?
True 13 37.14%
False 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 11:36 AM

2,486 posts, read 825,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you suffer the delusion that First Amendment rights only belong to the alleged conservative twit in the White House or just annoyed that Rapinoe has a far more well thought out opinion than he has and is for more articulate in its delivery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Huh? Who's criticizing their rights? People are criticizing what they are saying. Big difference.

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

You can't be rational with irrational people. They read the words but then it changes in their heads to be something entirely different.

Why do you think the entire Dem party (across the board) is now calling a citizenship question RACIST!

How does that actually compute in a healthy brain as being a racial question?

That's completely irrational and over-the-top buffoonery.

Poll: FALSE, beyond FALSE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 11:38 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Let me see if I understand this, correctly. Donald Trump and the GOP have outright approval and a right to throw tantrums and go after individual citizens, the NFL and other private companies as well as have consent to shut down an entire government when he/they don't get their way. You know, to influence voters and policy. But private citizens should be denigrated and shunned when they voice their opinion to influence voters or protest their government's policy?
I'm hearing and understanding much the same thing, from Trump supporters anyway. I wonder how many others have tried to block critics from their Twitter account too...

Old 07-10-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
She is free to do whatever she wants. The problem I have with it, is when she is playing soccer, representing the United States, that is technically her job. I don't know about everyone, but if I started spewing off on politics here at work, I'd be let go.
She can hate Trump all she wants , but don't **** on America.
Such a shame to, she has an impressive sports resume. I supported her and the entire team when the media was against them after the Thailand game. I normally dig focused athletic women like this but what she did with the kneeling, and dropping the flag (was it intentional ?) and her comments on Trump in her position really made me dislike her.
Perhaps, but when the White House gets involved, especially this White House, the issue becomes less about playing soccer and more about the bully pulpit, especially for people like Trump and Rapinoe who have loads of opinion they'd like to share...

BTW, I think we **** on America when we start suggesting protest is about ****ing on America rather than what the protest is REALLY all about. Too many Americans are very quick to make that mistake and/or subvert this truth which is not only to **** on America but democracy, free speech and so much of our liberties in these regards that countless Americans have died to protect and preserve for us!

Old 07-10-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's Media inspired TDS which has worked wonders on the weak minded liberals.
I suppose it isn't "weak minded" to forever refer to TDS as if this is an intelligent manner to address the real issues, but I've got to wonder...

Either way boy does it get old!

Old 07-10-2019, 11:53 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Perhaps, but when the White House gets involved, especially this White House, the issue becomes less about playing soccer and more about the bully pulpit, especially for people like Trump and Rapinoe who have loads of opinion they'd like to share...

BTW, I think we **** on America when we start suggesting protest is about ****ing on America rather than what the protest is REALLY all about. Too many Americans are very quick to make that mistake and/or subvert this truth which is not only to **** on America but democracy, free speech and so much of our liberties in these regards that countless Americans have died to protect and preserve for us!

Can't speak for everyone else but no one is telling her or all the others that "protest" that they can't. My issue is doing it when she is representing a team, and her country.

How would you feel if you where one of her team mates and had values opposite of her's ? Whether she means to or not, what she does reflects on the team. Again, one is free to do as they choose, but not when they are at "work" , there are policies that one has to follow or pay the consequences.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:56 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Why would the White House waste time on inviting a girls soccer team? What’s next, basket weaving and knitting? Even those are more interested than girls soccer.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:08 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Sports stars don't owe the President or you anything.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:15 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Sports, athletes in sports, and the sports Media is largely very LEFT leaning and biased. That is why they have so much trouble with Trump. He has not done anything against LGBT, Blacks, nor Women, yet he is called racist, homophobic and misogynistic by these athletes. The general Media reinforces these lies.

Rapinoe is after notoriety and a Nike contract. It is all about money, and her personal greed, and narcissism.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:28 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Sports, athletes in sports, and the sports Media is largely very LEFT leaning and biased. That is why they have so much trouble with Trump. He has not done anything against LGBT, Blacks, nor Women, yet he is called racist, homophobic and misogynistic by these athletes. The general Media reinforces these lies.

Rapinoe is after notoriety and a Nike contract. It is all about money, and her personal greed, and narcissism.

And I'm not entirely convinced that Nike doesn't go out of their way to contact the likes of Kaepernick and Rapinoe, pay them good money and say, "hey let's do some muck raking."

Old 07-10-2019, 01:00 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm hearing and understanding much the same thing, from Trump supporters anyway. I wonder how many others have tried to block critics from their Twitter account too...
LOL! Very happy you ask question.

Ocasio-Cortez faces lawsuits for blocking Twitter critics after appeals court ruling on Trump

Given your OP and subsequent followup, I suspect this isn't turning out the way you wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies