Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 09:01 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,567,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Typical answer. We are a Capitalist nation according to you? If so, where does Capitalism teach about the government bailing out failed businesses like we have done?
Free market capitalism died with too big to fail, and when the Fed took rates to zero and all of the other funny-money illusions they have pulled out of their hat over the past 10 years. What we have now is crony capitalism. The federal government and the federal reserve pick the winners and losers.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:05 PM

10,474 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
It's really sad young people are buying into the propaganda sold by characters like AOC and Bernie Sanders. I blame the education system. That Communism doesn't work is basic logic. We need a modern Milton Friedman, who can explain the basic fact that prosperity is maximized when each individual pursues his own self-interest. Americans in the 1980s understood that, hence Reagan 49-state landslide.
It's a shame that so many kids today can't read or write very well. There are people who don't even know what Homo Sapiens are.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
The US, which has tried to go full blown capitalism since the 80s... MUCH MUCH more then any other 1st world country.

What happened..

Wage stagnation
Jobs offshored
Worker rights attacked
Unions busted
Healtcare costs exploded
Schooling costs exploded
Pharmaceuticals costs exploded

And the top 0.01% has gained Trillions in income, while the 99% has had a lower lower standard of living.

Other 1st world countries?
Wage increase
Unions stronger
Healthcare costs under control
Schooling costs under control
Pharmaceutical costs under control.
Bingo.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:14 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
The US, which has tried to go full blown capitalism since the 80s... MUCH MUCH more then any other 1st world country.

What happened..

Wage stagnation
Jobs offshored
Worker rights attacked
Unions busted
Healtcare costs exploded
Schooling costs exploded
Pharmaceuticals costs exploded

And the top 0.01% has gained Trillions in income, while the 99% has had a lower lower standard of living.

Other 1st world countries?
Wage increase
Unions stronger
Healthcare costs under control
Schooling costs under control
Pharmaceutical costs under control.
Yup, thats why Europe and Canada are not like America. And will never be. They dont have unlimited choices.

Even though I am cynical about how the Banks, Jews, Financiers, lobbyists and politicians control and manipulate things to their favor , I have seen how an entire generation can be transformed and get better due to privatization/capitalism.

Even Germany of the 1920's to 40's grew massively due to capitalistic principles.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:21 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Yup, thats why Europe and Canada are not like America. And will never be. They dont have unlimited choices.

Even though I am cynical about how the Banks, Jews, Financiers, lobbyists and politicians control and manipulate things to their favor , I have seen how an entire generation can be transformed and get better due to privatization/capitalism.

Even Germany of the 1920's to 40's grew massively due to capitalistic principles.
Wow. And you keep claiming you're not anti-Semitic? What country did you immigrate from again?

Old 07-12-2019, 10:53 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Wow. And you keep claiming you're not anti-Semitic? What country did you immigrate from again?
You are Jewish, you pay interest. I am not , I pay interest. See both are in the same boat. You et nothing in return for supporting one of your "own" .

As I said , I have seen countries getting transformed due to foreign capital. and Capitalism itself is a concept mastered by Jews. Am I not appreciative of that? Please dont label me for being cynical and questioning everything. In another thread I said " The best math formula foundedby Arabs is 1 man and 4 wives" . What label do I et for it??

Old 07-13-2019, 03:59 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
It's really sad young people are buying into the propaganda sold by characters like AOC and Bernie Sanders. I blame the education system. That Communism doesn't work is basic logic. We need a modern Milton Friedman, who can explain the basic fact that prosperity is maximized when each individual pursues his own self-interest. Americans in the 1980s understood that, hence Reagan 49-state landslide.

While I agree with the sentiment I also believe schools should be teaching children how to budget to pay bills with the income they have and stay within that budget, balance a checkbook, save and invest a portion of every dime they earn, learn about the power of interest in savings and investing, the true harm of purchasing on credit and what it really means to pay a stupid penalty called interest on a loan for stuff they want, have a rainy day fund, not buy anything on credit except a house and not purchase one until they have at least 20% down and can afford (via savings) the added costs of home ownership such as having a planned savings account to pay for a new water heater, painting, installing a new roof or heating and air conditioning system, as well as come up with a plan to pay for their advanced education (college) as they go instead of going into debt, etc.

In essence kids should be taught basic and mid level economics and how when a person is responsible, makes sacrifices by putting off or not getting their wants, rather sticking to their actual needs, and then put what they learned into practice. It is at that point that those kids learn they don't need an $800 cell phone much less a new one every year or two or that they don't need $100 to $?00 tennis or basketball shoes, etc. and that paying the bills, saving and planning for their future means much more than all those other wants that are merely attempts to keep up with the Jones'.

Our education system as a whole fails us and our children and sadly there are few of us who actually fill that gap in education by teaching those values to our kids. It is that lack of values which causes one to stick their hand out, demanding that someone else pay for the wants they can no longer afford because they have become so used to spending every dime they have plus financing even more on wants they don't need, paying stupid fees (interest) on meaningless stuff. Teach them proper values and work ethic and they likely won't be there demanding others pay for their wants.

I've put "MY" story on here several times and am an example of how it CAN be done, even by those who due to their circumstances could have and likely would have failed, become a drunk or an addict or gone to prison, etc., had it not been for what I was taught by one of my foster parents. That said, I have no doubt that the people with all the excuses in the world, people with cop outs for why they can't, will weigh in calling nonsense on my words of wisdom.

Our tax payer funded schools should stop failing our nation's children by teaching them to become dependent on a system that will ultimately lead them to failure. We The People should insist our children our taught to become self sufficient and how to plan for success then to go out and succeed.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Free market capitalism died with too big to fail, and when the Fed took rates to zero and all of the other funny-money illusions they have pulled out of their hat over the past 10 years. What we have now is crony capitalism. The federal government and the federal reserve pick the winners and losers.
Nobody ever answers my question where it is that the government bail outs of failed businesses fits into capitalism.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:11 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody ever answers my question where it is that the government bail outs of failed businesses fits into capitalism.
Big government does that.

Hence our need for a small government that doesn't bail out businesses and doesn't prop up a banking system designed to enrich bankers via the fed.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Big government does that.

Hence our need for a small government that doesn't bail out businesses and doesn't prop up a banking system designed to enrich bankers via the fed.
We aren't capitalists then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies