Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 11:42 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

Omar should have applied for asylum to Saudi Arabia or Iran if USA is so horrible. Oh wait...those places are smart enough to not be admitting millions of indigent third worlders.

Omar is a piece of garbage, period.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:42 AM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
What's the problem? A person can't point out that there is more harm than good done with admitting millions of people a year?
Of course you can. You at least own it.

The desire to pull up the ladder once you're safe in the lifeboat is quite human.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Of course it's racist. Are you really kidding me with your above post? A sitting US president telling Congresswomen to go back to their infested places from which they came? There are people who are actually born in the US and Trump would actually say that, implying they "weren't really born in the US."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/14/polit...ies/index.html
Is the President supposed to know where all these women come from? They are Muslims (except for AOC). I didn't know the other two were born here ...why should the President know that? As for Omar, she has been trashing America ever since she arrived in Congress. Perhaps before. And Pressley is no Saint. She says "we don't need brown people who don't speak with a brown voice. We don't need black people who don't speak with a black voice." What could be more racist than that? Then there's Tlaib. She has made horrible statements about Trump. Why should he give these women one ounce of respect?

In Reagan's day, he also said people who don't love this country should leave. The slogan, "America: Love it or leave it" is from the Reagan era

Finally, if you knew anything at all about our political history, you would know that this kind of thing is not new. In the past, candidates for office would say horrible things about their opponents. Anyone would think that it is Donald Trump who has begun this kind of rhetoric. Even Obama is known for some nasty comments, such as referring to people in rural America as "bitter" people who "cling to their guns and religion." He spoke of Christians as being people "on their high horse."

Old 07-16-2019, 11:43 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I read the tweet. I must have missed the bit where Trump mentioned skin color or named names. He just categorized certain members of Congress based on what they said. He never told them to leave the USA and never return. He said to fix their ancestors' country and then come back and tell us how to do it.

What the knee jerk reaction of the Loony Left and their propaganda media has done is to shine a light on their actual anti-American and anti-Semitic remarks which were censored by their media. A few of the smarter ones may come out of their comas and realize how hateful and divisive The Squad really is.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:44 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We're dealing with a man (sort of) who needs constant ego-stroking and a base that's in it for the random cruel remark that conforms their prejudices.

It's impossible for Trump to not play to the base.

Absolutely Dane, and they wonder why they are seen as the party of racist people. Trump brings out the worst in his base. This man is the grand divider, splitting this country apart, and he needs to do that to stay relevant to his base.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The right-wing media (echo chamber) through which you get your information likes to take things out of context to create a narrative for political purposes. I learned this 15 years ago when I was a Conservative myself.....and hopefully you will too in time.
If you are a "refugee" by definition you have NOTHING. So of course we Minnesota have to pay the 100k "refugees' " bills when they show up here, shoved down our throats by federal gvt. How in God's name is that smart in any way???? How is that fair to those of us struggling check to check?

Old 07-16-2019, 11:45 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
So, people of color can't criticize their country? I'm sure their are others who are equally critical of this country, and they are not asked to go back where they came from. Seems like only certain people can be critical of this country, even though they all came from somewhere else as well. What if the original people of this land ask all of us to leave, and go back where we all came from.
They aren't critical of the country. They are critical of the administration policies and the bigot-in-chief.

From the time Obama set foot in the WH, Trump whined and complained and criticized Obama and the policies non-stop.

He tweeted his attacks, he whined on camera and to anyone who would listen to him, he sent investigators (he claims--probably some douche from his office), he did and said exactly what he accuses others of doing now.

If he was so very unhappy with the country why didn't that bigmouth leave it? I wish some reporter would ask him that. He is a phony and a liar.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:46 AM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
They have said America was "founded on racism (Omar)."
Not entirely wrong, though. The institution that made it necessary to enshrine the entire 3/5ths compromise in the nation's most foundational document is one thing, the "manifest destiny" expansion westward is another.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:48 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I read the tweet. I must have missed the bit where Trump mentioned skin color or named names. He just categorized certain members of Congress based on what they said. He never told them to leave the USA and never return. He said to fix their ancestors' country and then come back and tell us how to do it.

What the knee jerk reaction of the Loony Left and their propaganda media has done is to shine a light on their actual anti-American and anti-Semitic remarks which were censored by their media. A few of the smarter ones may come out of their comas and realize how hateful and divisive The Squad really is.
I agree.
My kids can't even find the racist comment in that whole tweet (and they have experienced racism first hand). It's sad when 2 teens can say that it's not racist while others are saying it is.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Of course you can. You at least own it.

The desire to pull up the ladder once you're safe in the lifeboat is quite human.
I was born here, as we're my parents and grandparents and others in my family. We helped build the infrastructure now in place so please don't tell me I don't have a right to say who is now coming in. There are too many people already. WE'RE CLOSED needs to be the policy (after we deport every last illegal and every one of their illegitimate anchor babies.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies