Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:25 PM

564 posts, read 816,370 times

Advertisements

I'm not a cop.

And if we did a poll, most of the people on here don't have careers. Just a fact. I hate to generalize.. probably some doctors and lawyers and real successful people on here but I doubt most are. And if you choose to argue politics through a computer screen rather than with an actual person.. you're probably not the type to stage an uprising. I know that sounds mean.. but it's probably the truth.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:32 PM

70 posts, read 110,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
I'm not a cop.

And if we did a poll, most of the people on here don't have careers. Just a fact. I hate to generalize.. probably some doctors and lawyers and real successful people on here but I doubt most are. And if you choose to argue politics through a computer screen rather than with an actual person.. you're probably not the type to stage an uprising. I know that sounds mean.. but it's probably the truth.
I discuss politics all the time with my friends.

Besides a armed revolution is unrealistic.

What is the "type" that would stage an uprising in your mind?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timechilipot View Post
I discuss politics all the time with my friends.

Besides a armed revolution is unrealistic.

What is the "type" that would stage an uprising in your mind?
Someone a bit crazy. Someone with a lot of drive who perhaps started a political discussion group in their community. Someone with charisma who can lead a group of people. Again, people like that aren't cruising internet political blogs. Hate to break the news to the OP.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:47 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,117,619 times
Quote:
Someone a bit crazy. Someone with a lot of drive who perhaps started a political discussion group in their community. Someone with charisma who can lead a group of people. Again, people like that aren't cruising internet political blogs. Hate to break the news to the OP.
McCain gets that "crazy" look sometimes...you mean crazy people like that? Someone with charisma...like B. Hussein Obama?

The whole militia business isn't a bad idea...during the riots in Trenton in the 60's I heard that local citizens formed their own armed civilian group...

Old 04-16-2008, 02:50 PM

I really don't want our citizens to revolt. A poll on here showed that 31% of people think 9/11 was an inside job. I really think the American people are just getting more stupid every minute. I'll take our broken govt over the moron public running this country.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:55 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,117,619 times
Quote:
I really don't want our citizens to revolt. A poll on here showed that 31% of people think 9/11 was an inside job. I really think the American people are just getting more stupid every minute. I'll take our broken govt over the moron public running this country.
It's not that Americans are stupid, it's that we don't trust our own government anymore...because it is no longer a servant government as it was designed to be.

Once you don't trust your government it's not a big leap to believing it's plausible that it was part of an attack on its own citizens (for the record I don't believe this). They've performed medical testing on unknowing citizens...so why would that be so far-fetched...it's not to many people.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:03 PM

70 posts, read 110,390 times
Quote:
I agree, but how can you tell that by reading what they post on the internet that they are not like you say?

Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,693,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I may be just a little bit old to be living with my parents, but I think I'll hold off on joining a revolt until baseball season is over.
Ahhhh but baseball season makes me even more competitive !

I think this is our Q to change the subject?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:07 PM

717 posts, read 1,956,309 times
American children consistently score near the bottom in math and science testing when compared to those of nearly ANY other industrialized nation. Our glory days are probably well behind us at this point. This is "dubya nashun" after all...alas, Americans ARE quite stupid as a general rule. Superstitious, credulous, superficial, loutish, uneducated...essentially just like dubious dubya

Last edited by dracul; 04-16-2008 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: I has seen the enemy and he is us.....pogo

Old 04-16-2008, 05:27 PM

739 posts, read 832,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
seriously. When our currency fails? When the bureaucrats socialize healthcare? When the supreme court rules the DC gun ban constitutional? When the government defaults on social security and medicare benefits? How much longer will we take violations of state's rights, private property rights, privacy rights, and our nation's sovereignty?

The founding fathers were up in arms over a small tax on imported tea. Where's the civil disobedience at? Where are the protests? Where's our Boston Tea Party? Is America too apathetic and/or spineless to make a stand? Will we submit to fascism and totalitarianism of the federal bureaucracy? Or will we rally as our founding fathers did in an effort for our God given liberty? Who will make a stand with me?
When is the time for an armed stance? When you want to get your ass shot by the U.S. military and make Headline News. Ready for the challenge? Go for it - the media could use the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies