Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 05:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I'm basically making an exaggerated point - that you're going down that road of accusing South Asians of basically pretty bad things that go above and beyond your professional grievances.

My comment wasn't intentional, but it certainly reveals that you love dishing it out, but when you taste a little of your own medicine....all h*** breaks loose.
I get that as an Asian you're probably taking offense, but many of us have posted and you've chosen to only go after the female poster in the thread. Why is that?

These are issues she's written about for years. Others have backed her up on it. I'm not quite getting why you're trying to stop someone from posting what her experiences and observations have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 05:14 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I get that as an Asian you're probably taking offense, but many of us have posted and you've chosen to only go after the female poster in the thread. Why is that?

These are issues she's written about for years. Others have backed her up on it. I'm not quite getting why you're trying to stop someone from posting what her experiences and observations have been.
Uh I haven't prevented anyone from posting anything. I'm not aware of the posters' gender, and it doesn't matter. Oh and by the way, the OP is of Chinese origin.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:45 PM

407 posts, read 342,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
South Asians openly and blatantly discriminate against everyone else in favor of people, primarily men, from their own religion, region, ethnic group, and caste.

This is well-known and is not a secret, though nothing is being done about it.

Nepotism in this community is raging. All it takes is one or two in a leadership position and you see a team flip to almost 100% south Asian nearly overnight. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

We really need to stop letting them in.

I am an American born Indian who does not fit the stereotypes and I agree with what you said. Indians are racist toward other minorities and toward their own people.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:45 PM

407 posts, read 342,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
She and I are in the heart of India central for technology for Texas. I have a thousand stories I could tell.

I had a Senior VP at Citi Group tell me once 15 years ago when they first started importing them: "I can hire and import for half the price an American kid wants right out of College".

They are difficult to deal with in the Real Estate business also.
I find many cases I'm very abrupt with them and the only word they understand is NO.
Doing business with them is so different then doing business with an American, especially a home grown Texan.

The good thing is most of the time 2nd generation wants nothing to do with the Fresh off the Boat gen.
Many 2nd Gens don't want to live near where they cluster because they get stereotyped.
I happen to be one of those 2nd Generation American born Indians who experiences racism and gets unfairly stereotyped on a daily basis in the Dallas area, due to all the disgusting FOB Indians who have taken over a large portion of the region (the ones who came straight from India). I reside in Richardson, TX and am hoping to relocate to an area where I don't have to live near those Indians. I want nothing to do with them. Also, I don't care for a lot of my relatives either.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:57 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,039,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysan89 View Post
I happen to be one of those 2nd Generation American born Indians who experiences racism and gets unfairly stereotyped on a daily basis in the Dallas area, due to all the disgusting FOB Indians who have taken over a large portion of the region (the ones who came straight from India). I reside in Richardson, TX and am hoping to relocate to an area where I don't have to live near those Indians. I want nothing to do with them. Also, I don't care for a lot of my relatives either.
Ask your parents how hard they had to work , so you could easily say things like above.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Uh I haven't prevented anyone from posting anything. I'm not aware of the posters' gender, and it doesn't matter. Oh and by the way, the OP is of Chinese origin.
I'm aware that Bettafish is Chinese but I don't know what the OP has to do with what I'm saying.

You're the only one objecting to what one poster has stated, even though today we see an Indian poster agreeing with her.

She's posted because she has a legitimate problem impacting her work and others have agreed with her. You're going after her because.....???

Old 08-08-2019, 10:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:

Exactly. I'm an easy target because I'm female.

Quote:

Where in Richardson are you? We live in Richardson and there are very few Indians in my part of town...so few that the businesses that cater to the Indian community are shutting down and moving to other parts of town. The only ones I see when I'm out running errands are almost always UTD students renting houses or apartments in the area. I see them mostly at Sprouts or Target; they don't seem to frequent many other places. Many don't have vehicles so I see them clustering at bus stops on Campbell Road.

Could be that there's more of them in 75081/82, but we don't go to that side of town much. We only go to Lowe's and Target on that side of town and the clientele is very diverse (lots of Arabs, Hispanic people, African immigrants, southeast Asians, and everything else you can think of) but there's no one group that seems to dominate.

Valley Ranch and Frisco....totally different story!

Quote:
I'm aware that Bettafish is Chinese but I don't know what the OP has to do with what I'm saying.

You're the only one objecting to what one poster has stated, even though today we see an Indian poster agreeing with her.

She's posted because she has a legitimate problem impacting her work and others have agreed with her. You're going after her because.....???
I'm an easy target, apparently!

Old 08-08-2019, 10:42 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
I am an American born Indian who does not fit the stereotypes and I agree with what you said. Indians are racist toward other minorities and toward their own people.
My neighbor is an Indian-American who came to this country about 7 years ago. His family is filthy rich and the funniest thing is that he said the same thing you did here. He's super friendly and super nice though, I like him as a neighbor a lot.

This said, I dated a Chinese-American who is also a software engineer. He said Indians are very territorial and would like to dominate the tech world. Maybe not a "racist" thing, it is just their way to survive in this country, I guess.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-08-2019 at 10:52 AM..

Old 08-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:

Because it's gone beyond her work issues and have traded into broad brush stereotypes. And a snide comment about immigration. That particular poster has posted the most extensively and vehemently.

Well, we're all free to agree or disagree with each other. You're using the using the appeal to popularity logical fallacy here.

Last edited by silverkris; 08-08-2019 at 11:02 AM..

Old 08-08-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Exactly. I'm an easy target because I'm female.
Number one, I don't know and don't care what your gender is, and whatever it is, your comments are fair game. Love dishing it out but cry foul when you get some pushback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies