Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 05:03 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times

Advertisements

This may just be the tip of the iceberg.
IT companies in the US are all like that...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07/...n-descent/amp/

After the meeting, the man told a fellow interviewer that Intel shouldn’t hire Ryu because he was “Korean, married, and had a child,” and added, “It would be easier to hire a younger, unmarried Indian man,” the suit alleged.

One manager in his team, of Indian origin, “openly favored the hiring and promotion of only employees from India, stating that ‘Indians work hard’ and ‘Indians are harder workers,'” the suit alleged. That manager also encouraged a supervisor to hire only Indian employees, the suit filed Wednesday claimed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 05:18 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
This may just be the tip of the iceberg.
IT companies in the US are all like that...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07/...n-descent/amp/

After the meeting, the man told a fellow interviewer that Intel shouldn’t hire Ryu because he was “Korean, married, and had a child,” and added, “It would be easier to hire a younger, unmarried Indian man,” the suit alleged.

One manager in his team, of Indian origin, “openly favored the hiring and promotion of only employees from India, stating that ‘Indians work hard’ and ‘Indians are harder workers,'” the suit alleged. That manager also encouraged a supervisor to hire only Indian employees, the suit filed Wednesday claimed.
<<<Pulls out race chart, consults the y and x axis of racial interactions....whoa now...no white people?>>>

***walks away***

P.S. Seriously, watch this thread die. Racism is political and those races don't qualify which tells you *A LOT*

Old 07-20-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
<<<Pulls out race chart, consults the y and x axis of racial interactions....whoa now...no white people?>>>

***walks away***

P.S. Seriously, watch this thread die. Racism is political and those races don't qualify which tells you *A LOT*
Many people talk about racism for political gains. South Asians vs East Asians won't help any camp...

Old 07-20-2019, 05:44 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Doesn’t surprise me at all. Some people are simply for their own and will pass over someone well-qualified from any other background. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this lawsuit.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Doesn’t surprise me at all. Some people are simply for their own and will pass over someone well-qualified from any other background. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this lawsuit.
The point is, is not just about "some people" in IT companies. South Asians are like 1/3 of all employees and even more in manager positions.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
The point is, is not just about "some people" in IT companies. South Asians are like 1/3 of all employees and even more in manager positions.
The bold is common knowledge.

And it certainly is about “some people,” or rather some groups of people. Many South Asians operate this way in general. That is my point.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:46 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,003 times
My son-in-law is a software engineer for a company with Indian immigrants in top management positions who are fairly blatant in their discrimination against non-Indians.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
South Asians openly and blatantly discriminate against everyone else in favor of people, primarily men, from their own religion, region, ethnic group, and caste.

This is well-known and is not a secret, though nothing is being done about it.

Nepotism in this community is raging. All it takes is one or two in a leadership position and you see a team flip to almost 100% south Asian nearly overnight. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

We really need to stop letting them in.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
South Asians openly and blatantly discriminate against everyone else in favor of people, primarily men, from their own religion, region, ethnic group, and caste.

Nepotism in this community is raging. All it takes is one or two in a leadership position and you see a team flip to almost 100% south Asian nearly overnight. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

The bold is true for many South Asians. Not going to say not to let them in but they need to be held accountable for their discriminatory acts. When they realize their actions won’t be tolerated, they will stop. Until then, these incidents will persist.

More I can say about this but I’ll leave it for now.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:08 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,039,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

The Telugu cancer is already destroying cities like Bangalore and Chennai back in India . Unfortunately it is spreading in America also.

I am surprised it happened here at Intel where I thouht the hiring and work standards are high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies