Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 09:58 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The thing I take away after watching this and reading people responses from both sides.
All though the hearing Mu[e]ller kept trying to point out Russia’s involvement in our elections, and how dangerous that it is to our nation. The conservatives on the other hand don’t care they want Hillary’s head on a platter.

The real winner here is Russia the rest is B.S.
I would have felt a lot easier with Trump in charge if he had actually done something about that, right from the start. But at best he just dodges around the subject and puts on a farce of a display. That is a BIG reason why Trumps relations with Russia remains a subject of deep suspicion for many people. He already has a reputation as a bold-faced liar, and I don't believe a thing he says or does with regard to Russia. I fully agree with Mr. Mueller that the Russian involvement remains a big problem for our democracy.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:59 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
The idea that Russia was pulling for Clinton is nonsense.

The Russian social media campaign, WikiLeaks releasing Russian-hacked DNC emails, ... it was all to discourage people from voting for Clinton.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:01 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Who? I think your confused Trump is president not Obama so this is about Trump and Russia. We can’t go back and fix that problem. We need to address this one. Your using the word hypocrite but your doing the same thing your accusing me of.

I think you're confused about when the 2016 election campaign occurred and whose administration was in charge. The alleged "collusion" occurred when Trump was a private citizen. You can't go back and undo it but you can go back and hold accountable those who were in charge of protecting our elections and chose to "stand down" in order to have a political "insurance policy".

Or are you suggesting that collusion with Russia to interfere with elections is currently ongoing? Because I haven't even heard the "squad" make that allegation.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:12 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Only calling out one party is hypocrisy. It's both parties and you called out one.
We have a conservative President in the White House. He’s failed to deal with it. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
And what exactly did Russia gain by having Trump win the Presidency?

Hillary Clinton was a better 'friend' to Russia. It was she who gave them the uranium deal, and as Sec of State did nothing when Russia invaded Ukraine. In an interview with a Russian journalist in 2010, Hillary Clinton stated "One of the fears that I hear from Russians is that somehow the United States wants Russia to be weak. That could not be farther from the truth. Our goal is to help strengthen Russia.

"
If Hilly did as you said then she needs to play the piper as well. Was it Hillary or Obama’s call to action in the Ukraine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Please, the left and you put party over country since you lost the election....and prior to that even......when obama told their IT guys to stand down and don't worry about the meddling...

Damn, the left has short or no memories.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If it would have been fixed under obama, it would have never gotten this far...but don't worry, your clearly party over the United States....

There you go thinking that their are only two parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I think you're confused about when the 2016 election campaign occurred and whose administration was in charge. The alleged "collusion" occurred when Trump was a private citizen. You can't go back and undo it but you can go back and hold accountable those who were in charge of protecting our elections and chose to "stand down" in order to have a political "insurance policy".
Or are you suggesting that collusion with Russia to interfere with elections is currently ongoing? Because I haven't even heard the "squad" make that allegation.
Is it a wise idea to back track at the taxpayers expense? I’ll agree that one party will end up ignoring what the other did while in office. Yet I fail to see where Trump is dealing with Russia now.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:17 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Is it a wise idea to back track at the taxpayers expense? I’ll agree that one party will end up ignoring what the other did while in office. Yet I fail to see where Trump is dealing with Russia now.

Deal with what? Specifically, what is the problem with Russia now?

Russia and America have tried to influence the politics of all nations including each other for the past 100 years. So be very specific in what you think is some egregious ongoing interference.

(And wasn't this entire Mueller investigation a "back track at the taxpayers expense"?)

Old 07-25-2019, 10:17 AM

43,137 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I would have felt a lot easier with Trump in charge if he had actually done something about that, right from the start. But at best he just dodges around the subject and puts on a farce of a display. That is a BIG reason why Trumps relations with Russia remains a subject of deep suspicion for many people. He already has a reputation as a bold-faced liar, and I don't believe a thing he says or does with regard to Russia. I fully agree with Mr. Mueller that the Russian involvement remains a big problem for our democracy.
An even bigger one though is our own MSM and social media.
Another google AI engineer has just gone public about how the company is getting themselves involved in politics to sway Americans.

Our biggest threat is media. They are not presenting objective news. They are not presenting ALL the facts about something. They are cherry picking and leading people down the wrong path.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:19 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Uranium deal has been a Republican/Russian smear campaign since the get go...

There was nothing to this "scandal" eight years ago and there is nothing to it now.
Let's look at the players that determined that "there was nothing to it". Who was in charge of the investigation of that 'deal', and who was the head of the State Department at that time?

Yea, the same crooked cop that oversaw Russian Collusion, and 'Crooked' Hillary! Secretary Clinton orchestrated the unanimous decision in 2010 by all nine members of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) regarding Uranium One. And the FBI knew that Russian nuclear industry officials had engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to help Russian President Vladimir Putin increase his commercial nuclear ambitions inside the United States, in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

Geez, talk about Russian Collusion!

Old 07-25-2019, 10:21 AM

43,137 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
We have a conservative President in the White House. He’s failed to deal with it. Period.

If Hilly did as you said then she needs to play the piper as well. Was it Hillary or Obama’s call to action in the Ukraine?

There you go thinking that their are only two parties.

It happened at a time when Trump wasn't even President. It was up to Obama to "deal with it" because he was President at the time of the elections.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:24 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,574 times
Quote:
There you go thinking that their(sic) are only two parties.
I agree:

Quote:
This is not a Republican vs Democrat conflict.

It is the attempt, by life-long career politicians, to unseat an elected President from outside the usual 2-Party political swamp that doesn't play their game.
Quote:
If anything is related to a Republican vs Democrat conflict, I believe that the Dems are setting up President Trump for prosecution upon leaving office as payback to the Republicans for impeaching Bill Clinton, and as a warning to other future 'third party' presidential prospects.

The corrupt US 2-Party system wants to keep the Status Quo through any means possible to perpetuate their mutual self-serving lifetime wealth and power accumulation plans, and obfuscate their lack of truly serving the American people by constantly blaming the other party for their inactions.

And that is the Real Collusion!

Old 07-25-2019, 10:25 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Biggest bunch of clowns in America today.

http://is2.4chan.org/pol/1564027358306.jpg
Today? Aren't you forgetting that your guy hasn't been exonerated and came out of this (to anyone with a brain) as not being cleared of ten possible obstruction (per the investigation) that would indict any other American except an American President. And the country has been hit by Russian influence to improve Trump's chances of winning (per the investigation). And by way of the investigation, Trump's campaign manager, national security adviser, foreign affairs adviser and personal lawyer are in jail or awaiting finalization of their trials.

You really have to be an ostrich with his head in the ground to be so clueless not to see what the results of the investigation has brought to the surface.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies