Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 05:37 PM

73,181 posts, read 63,022,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I guess the reason why there is more mass hysteria over mass shootings done in 'safe' areas as opposed to crime ridden, gang infested neighborhoods, is because people in general believe in order in this world of ours. That is, good things happen to good people, and bad things only happen to bad people.

So long as people kill each other off in impoverished and dangerous cities and areas, no one really cares. But the minute some mass shooter goes on a rampage in 'sanctuaries' such as work, a movie theater, a supermarket, a public concert, that really strikes fear in people's hearts because it all seems so random. And, again, bad things 'never' happen to 'good' people.
That is the point I've been trying to drive home. No one cares if killing takes place in the ghettos. When it happens in those nice areas, those "sanctuaries" as you call them, alot of people freak out. Former President Obama shed tears when alot of kids were murdered at Sandy Hook, and as well he should. However, that shooting hit close to home for many people. When it happens in the ghettos, in the inner city, it doesn't hit close to home. Alot of people cant relate. And it's looked at as "that's the ghetto, it happens there all the time".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 05:40 PM

15,368 posts, read 12,709,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
To me it's also quite strange that most blacks and all liberals don't care at all about the hundreds of thousands of blacks killed by other blacks in the USA the past few decades...guess they have been taught to ignore it because it doesn't serve their narrative.

I care about all of the victims regardless of race....I guess that kills any chance of me becoming a liberal.
What about white on white crime?

Old 07-31-2019, 05:42 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,543,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
What about white on white crime?
What cities in the US have whites shooting each other in numbers even CLOSE to those of blacks in Chicago/St. Louis/Baltimore, etc?

Old 07-31-2019, 05:44 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,518,127 times
The black community has a problem and they're the only ones going to solve it. Black people need to wake up, respect those around you and I mean everyone. You will find it returned. Otherwise, carry on. It's no skin off my lilly white arse.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:46 PM

2,172 posts, read 4,433,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
What cities in the US have whites shooting each other in numbers even CLOSE to those of blacks in Chicago/St. Louis/Baltimore, etc?
White on white crime is a lot lower then black on black or hispanic on hispanic. Asians have the lowest violent crime rates and the lowest incarceration rates in the US.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:50 PM

13,305 posts, read 8,548,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My grandkids do not frequent the places where gang fights occur. The do go to church, school and the movies.
I'm taking your message to be that such happens in those settings to. Fair enough to state. Although the Vegas shooting was at a concert.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is the point I've been trying to drive home. No one cares if killing takes place in the ghettos. When it happens in those nice areas, those "sanctuaries" as you call them, alot of people freak out. Former President Obama shed tears when alot of kids were murdered at Sandy Hook, and as well he should. However, that shooting hit close to home for many people. When it happens in the ghettos, in the inner city, it doesn't hit close to home. Alot of people cant relate. And it's looked at as "that's the ghetto, it happens there all the time".
I totally agree with you. The American media is 90% run by liberals, why do they not focus on black on black homicides more?

Old 07-31-2019, 05:53 PM

15,061 posts, read 6,222,088 times
Generally targeted and in known trouble spots. Terrible but it is what it is.

I’m far more concerned with the random shootings at festivals, concerts, movie theaters, malls, jobs etc.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:56 PM

The media does not want to push the fact that the biggest physical danger to African Americans is other African Americans. Nor do any Dem presidential candidates or demagogues like Ilhan Omar. Omar would never tweet factual statistics about black on black homicides would she?

Old 07-31-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I’m far more concerned with the random shootings at festivals, concerts, movie theaters, malls, jobs etc.
You have a far, far greater chance of dying from getting run over by a cow or getting stuck by lightening then getting shot in a mass shooting. Maybe a hand full of these shootings happen annually, despite millions of events across the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies