Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 06:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
it is what it is.
This is the sad truth. Even sadder though to hear it coming from a Black woman.

If Blacks in America are resigned to the violence among their young men, why should Whites or Browns or Yellows be left with the burden of caring? All one can do is live in a safe place and let ‘em kill each other, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 06:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,398,530 times
When will BLM protest more Black-on-Black crimes?

Old 07-31-2019, 06:04 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
I think one of the top reasons many people bring up Black people committing crime is to complain about Black people. In my opinion, Black on Black killing isn't brought up because many people just don't care. The only time it does get brought up is to criticize Black people. And if it's being brought up mainly for that reason, then alot of people won't want to talk about it. Why would I want to discuss certain issues with someone who has an air of resentment.

As for why these Black on Black shootings don't get much attention? They happen in dangerous neighborhoods, to people that aren't really cared about very much. Mass shootings that take place in suburban/small town schools, churches, grocery stores, movie theatres, universities, malls, those kinds of shootings get a lion's share of attention. Why? Because they happen in places that many people consider to be safe. It is shocking that shootings take places in areas that would be considered safe. Many people care because those shootings hit close to home for them. A shooting that takes place in a poor, predominantly Black inner city neighborhood, it doesn't really shock alot of people. Many people look at as "we don't live there, it's nothing we could relate to, not our problem".

In short, it isn't looked at as a mass shooting because it isn't happening in nice, safe areas. If it happens in the ghetto, it's looked at as "it's a black ghetto, what do you expect?".

Old 07-31-2019, 06:05 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,261,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
You have a far, far greater chance of dying from getting run over by a cow or getting stuck by lightening then getting shot in a mass shooting.
Unless you live in India, then your chances of getting run over by a cow rises to rates tantamount to gang violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo3Ag6XFwww

Wonder if there are any Indian politicians addressing the cow on human crime wave going on over there?

Old 07-31-2019, 06:05 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
A white alt-right nutjob goes on a killing spree and the "but black people kill more" threads come out like weeds. Typical deflection.
since you can’t refute the OP, whining is all you have left..

Old 07-31-2019, 06:06 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
You have a far, far greater chance of dying from getting run over by a cow or getting stuck by lightening then getting shot in a mass shooting. Maybe a hand full of these shootings happen annually, despite millions of events across the country.
323 in 2018. I leave it to others to decide if that is but a handful.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
White people dont care about black death as long as it doesnt affect them. Especially none of the alt right on this forum. The attitude is "The more they kill each other the better, theyre thugs!"

They dont care that innocent people get killed in the hood.
They only care when they can use the news of the killings to deflect from the white mass shooters, or basically when any republican does something wrong. "What about Chicago?".
Then trump gave them the newest brainless deflection echo point. "What about Baltimore?".
I have to disagree with you, Harry. Many white people do care, but what can we do about it? Nothing. It's a daily occurrence in Chicago. I feel sorry for the law-abiding residents who are trapped and can't get out of their neighborhood.

I admit people (and I'm one of them) have had it up to here with the gangs doing this - so if they off one another, I have no problem with it. I used to cringe when people would make statements like that, but the reality is, nothing is being done about the criminals in Chicago victimizing innocent people, and if they're killed because of what they do - that's the consequence of crime. I no longer have hope for that group of people as I once did.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:07 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,169,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waycist88 View Post
These mass shootings happen where Black people congregate - outside their schools, and nightclubs, liquor stores etc.

Of course, if you don't live there, you have no concern about it, but for those that do, you can bet they're terrified. And to be frank, Black people don't like living around other Black people. They flee at first opportunity into White neighborhoods, over and over again.
Haven’t heard of many around schools.

They happen where ghetto types congregate. Ghetto nightclubs and...liquor stores. No surprise.

Many middle class and upper class black people definitely enjoy living around each other. That’s why you have some nice majority black suburbs out here. Others like mixed communities.

Not sure where you’re getting your info from. The majority don’t care for lily white communities.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:08 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,407,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think one of the top reasons many people bring up Black people committing crime is to complain about Black people. In my opinion, Black on Black killing isn't brought up because many people just don't care. The only time it does get brought up is to criticize Black people. And if it's being brought up mainly for that reason, then alot of people won't want to talk about it. Why would I want to discuss certain issues with someone who has an air of resentment.

As for why these Black on Black shootings don't get much attention? They happen in dangerous neighborhoods, to people that aren't really cared about very much. Mass shootings that take place in suburban/small town schools, churches, grocery stores, movie theatres, universities, malls, those kinds of shootings get a lion's share of attention. Why? Because they happen in places that many people consider to be safe. It is shocking that shootings take places in areas that would be considered safe. Many people care because those shootings hit close to home for them. A shooting that takes place in a poor, predominantly Black inner city neighborhood, it doesn't really shock alot of people. Many people look at as "we don't live there, it's nothing we could relate to, not our problem".

In short, it isn't looked at as a mass shooting because it isn't happening in nice, safe areas. If it happens in the ghetto, it's looked at as "it's a black ghetto, what do you expect?".
Why don't black candidates running for president make a bigger deal about black on black crime? Why is Elijah Cummings spending so much energy making stuff up about the border to get media sound bytes, when his home district has the #3 highest violent crime rate in the nation? The black Dem candidates seem to think so called "white nationalists" are a bigger threat, yet I'm unaware of many white nationalists causing bodily harm to black folks. African Americans are the biggest physical danger to other AA's. By far.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:10 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one expects to get shot in school, in a theatre, at work (unless your job requires you to carry a gun). Non one should get shot or killed anywhere. However, it's expected in gang territory. It's expected in the ghetto. It's not expected in a suburban high school. It's not expected at work. It's not expected at a university. Those are places that are considered safe. This is part of what made Columbine to shocking. This is what made the Virginia Tech shooting so shocking.

You ignored other metrics. I mentioned gangs. I also mentioned the intentions and nature of the shootings. With gang shootings in the ghetto, it's not one person shooting a dozen people at once with the intention of "shoot as many as you can, with the intent of just that". The kind of mass shootings Black people are most likely to commit involve gangs, or they involve so-and-so being a horrible shot and shooting more people than intented.

When people mention mass shootings, this is what they usually mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQyyDdEdzHc
nothing i’ve ever read about mass shootings specifies that they have to be performed at locations where no one is expecting to get shot. that’s just something you invented.

the only place one has a reasonable expectation of being shot is a battlefield during wartime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies