Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 11:50 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Nope. Plenty of US citizens are Spanish speakers. Plenty of them were around in your grandfather's time and before then. You'll just have to keep getting triggered and upset. Not a way to live, amigo.

Kindly go choke on your nativism and xenophobia.
No not plenty of them were around in the late 1800s and early 1900s, and they still don't speak English? Besides I'm talking about the tens of millions that came since I was born, or even the few million, legal and illegal, that came just this past year

Old 08-27-2019, 11:52 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No not plenty of them were around in the late 1800s and early 1900s, and they still don't speak English? Besides I'm talking about the tens of millions that came since I was born, or even the few million, legal and illegal, that came just this past year
Well, the folks around in the late 1800s and early 1900s aren't alive today. LOL!

Just because people speak Spanish doesn't mean they don't speak English.
Ever heard of bilingualism? Multilingualism? Who cares anyway? That's their own business.

Maybe they don't want to speak it around folks like you - and for good reason.

Last edited by silverkris; 08-27-2019 at 12:03 PM..

Old 08-27-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
If I have to increasingly listen to more and more people making incoherent, loud and unpleasant speech, then it is my business why that is. The reason why it is because of open borders and mass, global immigration. That is my business.
People can make incoherant, loud and unpleasant speeches in any language. It's not a cultural thing.

That's actually quite descriptive of that person now usurping the White House, Donald Trump. Who is as incoherant, crude, rude and unpleasant as anyone today.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:59 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
I agree with the woman who said it was distasteful. Spanish speakers especially latin American in public speak a very grating dialect of Spanish very loudly and I find it repulsive and distasteful.
Is this a joke? I hope you were being sarcastic. If not, I don't see how anyone with such a snowflake mentality can make it to the grocery store and home without being repulsed.

Good GAWD our country is falling apart fast.

To the OP: The soldier served our country. That is the talking point, not their dialect or language. If I met this person (in uniform) the only words I would have for them are "thank you" and other words of gratitude. (EDIT: I might even muster up a very sincere "Gracias" for this person.)

Old 08-27-2019, 12:13 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
If I have to increasingly listen to more and more people making incoherent, loud and unpleasant speech, then it is my business why that is.
You are going to HATE debate season. Trump will make at least a dozen incoherent, loud and unpleasant speeches in the months leading up to the election. I hear that Pasole or Menudo can be good comfort food, you should look into it.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Is this a joke? I hope you were being sarcastic. If not, I don't see how anyone with such a snowflake mentality can make it to the grocery store and home without being repulsed.

Good GAWD our country is falling apart fast.

To the OP: The soldier served our country. That is the talking point, not their dialect or language. If I met this person (in uniform) the only words I would have for them are "thank you" and other words of gratitude. (EDIT: I might even muster up a very sincere "Gracias" for this person.)
You can't. The foreigners are often loud and unpleasant sounding, maybe on purpose, and not too pleasant to behold with their tendency of odd staring and mean mugging. You sometimes can't go to the park either you went to and paid for many years and enjoy it because, large gatherings of illegals are making so much loud racket and cranking up tijuana and mariachi music. Open borders has completely transformed the atmosphere in public, let alone the economic hit to average Americans.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Pozole or Menudo can be good comfort food, you should look into it.
It's supposedly a good cure for hangovers. That particular poster is going to need it.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
You are going to HATE debate season. Trump will make at least a dozen incoherent, loud and unpleasant speeches in the months leading up to the election. I hear that Pasole or Menudo can be good comfort food, you should look into it.
He's speaking in English and I don't have to listen to the debates. But I do have to listen to incoherent, loud, unpleasant speech every where I go now thanks to open borders. If Trump condemns open borders in a speech, in English mind you, then that is just music to my ears.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:28 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
He's speaking in English and I don't have to listen to the debates. But I do have to listen to incoherent, loud, unpleasant speech every where I go now thanks to open borders. If Trump condemns open borders in a speech, in English mind you, then that is just music to my ears.

Don't fret, snowflake, we'll find you a safe space yet. Keep hope alive!

Old 08-27-2019, 03:41 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Don't fret, snowflake, we'll find you a safe space yet. Keep hope alive!
The poster mentioned open borders which would be referencing the millions of illegal aliens in our country. Why should any American have to listen to Spanish babble from them when they shouldn't even be in this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies