Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 03:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The poster mentioned open borders which would be referencing the millions of illegal aliens in our country. Why should any American have to listen to Spanish babble from them when they shouldn't even be in this country?
Exactly and furthermore why should any American have to like loud Spanish babble especially from those who shouldn't even be in this country?

Old 08-27-2019, 04:38 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
The poster mentioned open borders which would be referencing the millions of illegal aliens in our country. Why should any American have to listen to Spanish babble from them when they shouldn't even be in this country?

Hawaii is an island, by definition we do not have open borders.

On what on christ's good name does ANY of this have to do with someone in the Air Force speaking Spanish on a private phone call?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-27-2019, 05:10 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
How on Earth would you (or they) know if the person "babbling" in Spanish was here illegally or not????

I swear you two don't even think about things before you type it out....

Old 08-27-2019, 05:30 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Hawaii is an island, by definition we do not have open borders.

On what on christ's good name does ANY of this have to do with someone in the Air Force speaking Spanish on a private phone call?
I was addressing another person's post. Seems I touched a nerve with you. He mentioned open borders of which the Democrats seem to want by their own actions. Their actions or inactions are why we have had thousands crashing our border of late. Along with that comes the Spanish babble from these illegal aliens. If you think that's off topic then take it up with him.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:31 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Exactly and furthermore why should any American have to like loud Spanish babble especially from those who shouldn't even be in this country?
There are many Americans who are of Hispanic background and speak it fluently. I'd think they love it.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:32 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How on Earth would you (or they) know if the person "babbling" in Spanish was here illegally or not????

I swear you two don't even think about things before you type it out....
I never said that I did. But face it, the reason we are hearing so much Spanish being spoken is directly due to the number of illegal aliens in our country. Most Hispanic-Americans know how to speak English.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:36 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
I never said that I did. But face it, the reason we are hearing so much Spanish being spoken is directly due to the number of illegal aliens in our country. Most Hispanic-Americans know how to speak English.
Cite for those claims, please.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:39 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
I was addressing another person's post. Seems I touched a nerve with you. He mentioned open borders of which the Democrats seem to want by their own actions. Their actions or inactions are why we have had thousands crashing our border of late. Along with that comes the Spanish babble from these illegal aliens. If you think that's off topic then take it up with him.
Yes, intolerant people "touch a nerve" with me.

Anything other than that? Fluff.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-27-2019, 05:43 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Well, they can choose to speak Spanish or whatever language they want to. It's none of your business what they do. Your "grievances" with lingustics is old and tiresome.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:37 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, they can choose to speak Spanish or whatever language they want to. It's none of your business what they do. Your "grievances" with lingustics is old and tiresome.
It is our business what people do who are coming here illegally or even legally for that matter. It's long past time to close down open borders to the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies