Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 06:43 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Cite for those claims, please.
Cite the claims? It's common knowledge that most illegal aliens are mono-lingual Spanish speakers. I have lived in Calf. for many years and decades ago you hardly ever heard Spanish being spoken even though there were Hispanic-Americans living here. It's only been since the start of the illegal invasion from south of our border that I started hearing Spanish being spoken everywhere I go.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:46 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, intolerant people "touch a nerve" with me.

Anything other than that? Fluff.
Right, I'm intolerant of illegal aliens and having to listen to their Spanish babble everywhere. Why wouldn't you be? It's a constant reminder of these law breakers being in our country.

"The number of Spanish speakers in the U.S. has grown rapidly in recent decades, reflecting the arrival of new immigrants from Latin America and growth in the nation’s Hispanic population. Today 34.8 million Hispanics ages 5 and older speak Spanish at home"

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...non-hispanics/

If you think by using the word "immigrants" it isn't being used here to describe illegal aliens then you're not dealing in reality. The majority of them are. They not only speak it at home but out in public also. It's transforming our country from an English speaking nation to a Spanish speaking one gradually in an unlawful and unnatural way.

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-27-2019 at 06:56 PM..

Old 08-27-2019, 06:46 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It is our business what people do who are coming here illegally or even legally for that matter.
Patently ridiculous when it comes to a choice of spoken language. Not very familiar with the principle of non-aggression, eh?

Quote:
It's long past time to close down open borders to the world.
We.

Don't.

Have.

Open.

Borders.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:49 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Cite the claims?...
No, a cite backing up your claim that most Spanish speaking folks in this country are here illegally is what I'm asking for. Your opinion of what is or isn't "well known" is not a compelling argument.

Further, how on Earth could you discern that someone who happens to be speaking Spanish is doing so because it's the only language they know?

You seem to make a LOT of assumptions.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Patently ridiculous when it comes to a choice of spoken language. Not very familiar with the principle of non-aggression, eh?

We.

Don't.

Have.

Open.

Borders.

Then

Why

Do

We

Have

Millions

Of illegals yelling in poorly spoken Spanish?

Old 08-27-2019, 07:07 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Right, I'm intolerant of illegal aliens and having to listen to their Spanish babble everywhere. Why wouldn't you be? It's a constant reminder of these law breakers being in our country.

"The number of Spanish speakers in the U.S. has grown rapidly in recent decades, reflecting the arrival of new immigrants from Latin America and growth in the nation’s Hispanic population. Today 34.8 million Hispanics ages 5 and older speak Spanish at home"

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...non-hispanics/

If you think by using the word "immigrants" it isn't being used here to describe illegal aliens then you're not dealing in reality. The majority of them are. They not only speak it at home but out in public also. It's transforming our country from an English speaking nation to a Spanish speaking one gradually in an unlawful and unnatural way.

That has nothing to do with the thread topic. Again, the person in question is in the military.

In your small view, you forget, we are in Hawaii. Here you will hear Japanese, Korean, Chinese etc. and all from citizens.

You would just find new reasons to be intolerant.

The world is changing and many are old and scared and do not like change. I understand. The fact that the demographic may change where you are not in the majority is terrifying to you. You don't understand other cultures, food, activities, and don't want to.

But understand, many have no problem with that, and more so in the youths of today. The country will change, but you will probably have passed away by then, so it won't impact you too much.

And it is NOT just changing because of illegral immigrants. What you call the "browning down of American" is occurring from inter racial marriages becoming super common place.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-27-2019, 07:12 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
It is our business what people do who are coming here illegally or even legally for that matter. It's long past time to close down open borders to the world.
Has zero to do with immigration status. The airman in question is a US citizen, period. You gonna tell me I can't speak Chinese to my mother?

Again, kindly go have a nativist meltdown.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:13 PM

The world hasn't changed. We have intentional open borders and mass immigration policy. The policy could and should be changed. Americans and their progeny are being dispossessed and replaced in their homeland. Hearing loud, unpleasant foreign languages is just one symptom of open borders.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:16 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
The world hasn't changed. We have intentional open borders and mass immigration policy. The policy could and should be changed. Americans and their progeny are being dispossessed and replaced in their homeland. Hearing loud, unpleasant foreign languages is just one symptom of open borders.

Is it at possible for you to follow the thread topic?

It is about a person in the American Military being harassed for speaking a foreign language on the phone during their private time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-27-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Is it at possible for you to follow the thread topic?

It is about a person in the American Military being harassed for speaking a foreign language on the phone during their private time.
I was replying to your post. I'm not the only one off topic on a side discussion. Besides I'm explaining why people might become less tolerant of hearing foreign languages spoken even from a servicemember, i.e., too many illegals talking too loudly and poorly in Spanish perhaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies