Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 01:52 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times

Advertisements

Bill Maher is not only wickedly funny, he is amazingly informed on politics and world events. I never miss his show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 01:53 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Comedy Central and most late night comedy is DNC TV dressed up as comedy.
Conservatives don't really have a sense of humor, or if they do, it's typically crass and locker room style

Old 08-24-2019, 01:54 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Comedy Central and most late night comedy is DNC TV dressed up as comedy.

I remember SNL cast singing songs to Obama after he left office. It was so sad.
Today most TV, and Movies are DNC propaganda pretending to be "entertainment". It is unwatchable.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:12 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Conservatives don't really have a sense of humor, or if they do, it's typically crass and locker room style
I would say Comedy Central, Bill Maher is crass. Bill Maher is not doing some kind of high brow type of comedy. He is celebrating somebody dying.

I don't understand how PC liberals can say we don't have a sense of humor. lol you guys get triggered if somebody accurately points out there are 2 genders and a man cannot become a woman.

I don't think you have what it takes to be funny if you can't even see your gender pronoun stuff is funny.

There's no conservative who could say cisgendered without laughing.

One of the funniest people out there is Rush Limbaugh. His satire regarding Sandra Fluke was a masterpiece and liberals predictably went crazy. I wonder how many people even remember Fluke. lol She was yesterday's AOC.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:26 PM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
'I'm glad he is dead and I hope the end was painful' - Bill Maher

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...her-david-koch

#Civility
#Tolerance

Back in the day, a comment like this would get a person fired from a tv show. He's gonna get a pay raise because he's serving up that red meat hate for HBO's liberal audience.
I feel the same way about Ruth Bader Gingsburg.

Quote:
McCain arranged his funeral to be a anti-Trump hatefest. I would say you are getting it 180 degrees wrong.

McCain is the one who started the conflict b/t the two. Stop making him out as innocent. lol

no trump supporter except maybe a guy on twitter, Bill Mitchell, has ever said Trump is perfect.

Trump didn't randomly start talking about McCain. You leave out what McCain did b/c you want to be a hack.

McCain didn't even invited Palin to his funeral. I find that amazing. She went and campaigned for him when he ran for reelection in Arizona but he doesn't invite her to his funeral. He's not Saint McCain.

It was Democrats who first said McCain was not a war hero, he was only caught. McCain probably wouldn't still be a pilot in a position to crash in Vietnam if his father had not been a big dog in the military, b/c McCain had already wrecked two planes prior to crashing in Vietnam.
Ditto McCain.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,570 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Voters didn't care about McCain in 2016 yet you guys continue to recycle this talking point.

If you respect McCain so much, why didn't you and other leftists vote for him over Obama who didn't serve in the military and had only been in the senate 3 years.
We are debating the merits of talking ill of the dead.

Either its wrong or it isnt, and clearly your argument is that it is only wrong when that person who is dead is on your side of the aisle.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:48 PM

I'm pointing out Trump didn't express glee McCain died or said he hoped McCain died in pain. That's what Maher did regarding Koch.

I'm pointing out your dishonesty.

His main point has been about McCain's betrayal on Obamacare and McCain's participation in the Democrat's soft coup attempt with the fake dossier.

Both of those are legitimate criticisms.

if a person doesn't like being criticized, then don't run for public office.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:22 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
You'd be singing a different tune if Trump said this about a Democrat like Ernest Hollings.
You do understand there is a difference between a president and a comedian, right?

Old 08-24-2019, 05:25 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
'I'm glad he is dead and I hope the end was painful' - Bill Maher

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...her-david-koch

#Civility
#Tolerance

Back in the day, a comment like this would get a person fired from a tv show. He's gonna get a pay raise because he's serving up that red meat hate for HBO's liberal audience.
Meanwhile conservatives are wishing and cheering for the death of Justice Ruth Ginsburg.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You do understand there is a difference between a president and a comedian, right?
I understand you have different standards based on the person's politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies