Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 09:47 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Voters didn't care about McCain in 2016 yet you guys continue to recycle this talking point.

If you respect McCain so much, why didn't you and other leftists vote for him over Obama who didn't serve in the military and had only been in the senate 3 years.
Having respect for somebody doesn't mean we owe political allegiance to them.

Good grief!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 09:49 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
“We needed 60 votes, and we had 51 votes. And sometimes, you know, we had a little hard time with a couple of them, right? Fortunately, they’re gone now. They’ve gone on to greener pastures — or perhaps far less green pastures. But they’re gone. They’re gone, Bill. I’m very happy they’re gone.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...mccains-death/

Another ClemVegas lie debunked again!
Well done sir.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:12 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Having respect for somebody doesn't mean we owe political allegiance to them.

Good grief!

You didn't respect him. You are just happy he was a Republican who attacked Trump.

it is about your leftwing ideology and political power, not McCain.

the problem you have is McCain was never popular with conservatives so your attempt to divide conservatives from Trump using McCain has not been effective.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:25 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
You needn't look further than the left's treatment of Koch's passing and the right's treatment of RBG's cancer progression to understand the difference between people. The left is the embodiment of hate and like Antifa, they unsuccessfully try to mask it.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:30 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,421,537 times
Anyone with a brain knows anything this clown loser says is 100% not important. It is how he makes a living.. NO CREDIBILITY

Old 08-25-2019, 10:31 AM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
You needn't look further than the left's treatment of Koch's passing and the right's treatment of RBG's cancer progression to understand the difference between people. The left is the embodiment of hate and like Antifa, they unsuccessfully try to mask it.
Correct.

Personally, RBG's health issues are sad. While I am delighted at the work of SC associates Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, I do not want a 3rd seat to open due to anyone's health issues. So the latest RBG news is unwelcome.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:39 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Anyone with a brain knows anything this clown loser says is 100% not important. It is how he makes a living.. NO CREDIBILITY
I don't think the left would have this rule if Limbaugh and other conservative talk show hosts made a similar comment.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:45 AM

2,486 posts, read 825,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I wonder why Maher, who has never married nor had kids, named his production company Kid Love. He likes to wear red shoes like a certain group does. He attended private parties on Epstein's island...

"Those who scream the loudest..."

That's a new spoiler alert for me.

I wonder if all those spy recordings the FBI discovered on the island will ever see the light of day in a judge's chambers or grand jury proceedings. Somehow, I have a feeling they'll be conveniently lost or deleted to protect powerful pedophiles. Bleach Bit anyone?

WE know for a fact that Prince Andrew is involved. He had his arm around a young girls waist for a photo op, was seen waving a fond farewell to what appeared to be a VERY YOUNG blond girl. People like that get covered and protected. After all, they are above the petty laws we commoners must follow.

This has not been a good 2 years for the establishment and Hollywood elites.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:05 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,363,830 times
Quote:
I notice you seem to hate free markets which was my point about leftists.

McCain supported raising taxes....that doesn't sound like conservatism to me.
I don't "hate" free markets but free markets without regulation or restrictions on their behavior is utter pie-in-the-sky lunacy that is a disaster in the real world.

It is also often incoherent with the pro-nationalism and traditional values stance, since many of these corporate bigshots could care less about either.

There is a medium somewhere between Somalian-style free market and Soviet-style Communism, you know

And let me guess, you are one of those Breitbart groupies who are all about:

"Muh Israel"

"Demz are the real racists/fascists!"

Let me tell you a secret. To real right wingers, both the Libertarians and the "alt-lite" crowd are just a bunch of CUCKservatives lmao

CCCCCCCUCKKKKK! roflmao

Last edited by Lycanmaster; 08-25-2019 at 11:14 AM..

Old 08-25-2019, 11:15 AM

15,590 posts, read 15,684,170 times
Quote:
'I'm glad he is dead and I hope the end was painful' - Bill Maher
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...her-david-koch
#Civility
#Tolerance

Back in the day, a comment like this would get a person fired from a tv show. He's gonna get a pay raise because he's serving up that red meat hate for HBO's liberal audience.
Gee, he "celebrated"? You mean, like, he threw a party?

Your line seems purposely biased and misleading. We might agree that Maher's comment was in bad taste, but it's not unusual for people to be glad that someone they despise is gone. (I'm sure many were glad when Osama Bin Laden was gone.) Maher's comment was not "celebrating."

Yes, you're right, years ago people acting outside norms would have been fired. By those standards, many of Fox's public figures would be gone by now - for instance, far worse was Sean Hannity at a Trump rally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies