Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 10:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,636,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Apparently you missed, "The state will also have to pay less for Medicaid for poor children."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Immigrant families use more welfare, not less than native born. Even illegals use public supported medical care leave alone immigrants.
Because the article included that the decrease in migrants also impact the population to reproduce itself, you want to just talk about migrants? Did you know they too are having fewer babies? So there you go ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 10:28 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,917,362 times
Quote:
Because the article included that the decrease in migrants also impact the population to reproduce itself, you want to just talk about migrants? Did you know they too are having fewer babies? So there you go ...
If we had less migrants and immigrants we'd have even less births and welfare use, both of which I want.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:30 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,636,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If we had less migrants and immigrants we'd have even less births and welfare use, both of which I want.
And I am the sadistic person who is hoping that the citizens of the u.s. get that which they so richly deserve ... poetic justice, is sweet.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,917,362 times
Quote:
And I am the sadistic person who is hoping that the citizens of the u.s. get that which they so richly deserve ... poetic justice, is sweet.
Finally a liberal and immigrant admits liberals and immigrants are motivated by malevolence and sadism toward Americans. And there's any wonder why I'm against open borders to liberals.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:23 PM

11,173 posts, read 8,037,325 times
I have to wonder if included in the OP’s stats.... they took into account. baby daddies who bounce after siring a few kids, or guys that don’t pay to support their own offspring because they seem to feel that since they’re no longer with her... he has no responsibility to support “their†kids.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:39 AM

89,507 posts, read 45,198,773 times
Quote:
Neither is 0 births, so now what?
Exponentially adding to the population that is a net drain on society (take more than they contribute) is not sustainable. It will implode.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:53 AM

33,411 posts, read 12,714,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
OK. So what do you want? You don't want to offer free/reduced cost birth control for these women because they can't afford it themselves. You don't want to subsidize education so they can get better jobs. You don't want to increase the minimum wage so they can support themselves. You want to take away their legal right to an abortion.
Can you back up the bolded with content from one of lovecrowds' posts ?

I doubt it.

I don't remember lovecrowds ever posting that position.

I think you're making it up because you don't like a number of his other positions.

Quote:
You want to take away welfare. That leaves them with one option; have a kid they can't afford which you and I will still end up paying for. Thus, you got exactly what you asked for. Congratulations on your shortsightedness
Not really re the bolded. One thing you forgot is a permanent solution to number one (tubes tied, etc), which really is a separate option.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is absolutely false.

As I said before, the phenomenon of poor women having more kids than rich women goes back centuries, if not millennia.

Centuries and millennia ago, there was no welfare or any other kind of public assistance. Yet, poor women still had more babies than rich women.
^^^^^ You're responding with content that discusses something that was not claimed in the passage from mtl1 that you pulled. In that passage mtl1 doesn't mention rich women at all, let alone the ratio, only that poor women might have fewer without welfare (as a backstop).

Old 09-02-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yet people who dont qualify for assistance put off having children due to the expense, plan and save before conceiving. I bet many would go ahead and conceive if they knew they didnt have to pay for it. Some couples put off marriage so the state can pay the cost of medical care throughout the pregnancy and hospital bills for the birth.
Long before public assistance it didn't cost $10,000 to get a child from the womb to born. Many women had midwives and home births especially in rural areas and prenatal services were often non existant. And once upon a time people with little means made payments on their medical bills.
I was raised (born in the second half of the baby boom) in a liberal area (the SF Bay Area), but I was still raised that you don't have children without being married because it is wrong, and because it is a low class thing to do.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Really. Some of the best people I know have grown up poor (and they rose above it).
But what did they do to deserve having to grow up poor? Nothing. They didn't do anything to deserve that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies