Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 03:16 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
He called immigrants coming from Mexico rapists etc.
You're either ill-advised or disingenuous.....which is it?

Here's exactly what Trump said about Mexicans in his original comment:
"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Trump called for a complete shutdown of Muslims entering this country.
Once again.....which is it?

CNN/2017 - Trump barred citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the US for at least the next 90 days by executive order

Old 09-02-2019, 03:29 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I overpay every year. Know what the IRS does with that overpayment?

They credit it towards the next year's taxes.
Ok, but that doesn't mean you're paying extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Everyone reading this thread sees which side is crying.

Dems have always been known as crybabies.

I about fell off the couch when I saw this video a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHM0...66882798037689

Old 09-02-2019, 03:36 PM

Oh BTW, speaking of charities, Biden gave $369 one year to charity on a 300k+ income. The news actually called him out on it, I was shocked.

Republicans donate more to charity than Democrats.

Old 09-02-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

I still don't get the uproar over this, it is 100% accurate.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:53 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You're either ill-advised or disingenuous.....which is it?

Once again.....which is it?

CNN/2017 - Trump barred citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the US for at least the next 90 days by executive order
The poster you are replying to doesn't seem to know the difference between immigrants and illegal aliens. The former comes here legally and they aren't the problem and Trump never said they were. The latter are whom Trump was talking about. Why do these liberals and ethnocentrics always blur the lines between those two very different groups?

Old 09-02-2019, 06:10 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
There are very young children with life-threatening illnesses, and only certain hospitals here have the equipment to keep them alive. This isn’t the same as people coming over the southern border. These families came here legally to save their child’s life, but apparently their time is up. How cruel can a president be to send letters informing them that they have 33 days to get out of the US?
Not our problem.. El Salvador, Honduras, Mexico, and Panama can deal with their own.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Media reporting the Trump Admin is walking back the policy to deport the children/ families depended upon life/ death treatment.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:48 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Even mainstream American workers usually get paid vacations but our presidents shouldn't? Americans shouldn't take vacations but donate to the healthcare of others instead including the healthcare of foreigners? Are you for real? Trump doesn't even take a salary unlike all of the presidents of the past. He doesn't vacation any more than any other past president either. The only vacations he has taken that I know of is playing golf on his own properties. Geezus, get a grip, will you?
If Trump hadn't hooted and hollered about the few times Obama went golfing, perhaps the hypocrisy would not be so blatant.

And yes, Trump has exceeded "Days off" more than any other president in the past century.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
If Trump hadn't hooted and hollered about the few times Obama went golfing, perhaps the hypocrisy would not be so blatant.

And yes, Trump has exceeded "Days off" more than any other president in the past century.
Just saying, he's donated his whole salary to good causes.

Only Hoover and JFK forewent their salaries aside from Trump.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:31 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Just saying, he's donated his whole salary to good causes.

Only Hoover and JFK forewent their salaries aside from Trump.
Deflection. Address the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies