Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2020, 11:39 AM

545 posts, read 514,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
No way. Putting the lives of citizens at risk for publicity stunts such as the Sturgis rally or the Trump speech at Mt. Rushmore. That's not a good example of leadership at all.
Do you think it would be a test of leadership for Kamala to condemn the antifa violence ?

if Biden / Kamala do a clintonesque Sister Solja (sp?) they win in a squeaker. If Kamala refuses to acknowledge the violence, then she and Biden are doomed

Old 08-17-2020, 11:41 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Exactly. This isn't the 1950s anymore, as much as the Republicans would like to turn back the clock to a racist, sexist culture where white men ruled the world. Most people see right through this rhetoric and don't forget the actions/words done over the past few years by Trump and his fellow Republicans.
Eh, I don’t think you can broadbrush an entire party over the actions of one unhinged person (unless they’re the candidate or president).

Saying the whole Republican Party is like that poster is like saying all Democrats are rioters and looters based on the actions of some of the “protesters”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
You fear women

Not my problem
No, your problem is that you haven’t noticed it’s the 21st century. I’ll bet you ask to measure a woman’s hips before you date her to make sure she’s good breeding stock. Do you check teeth too?

I can think of a number of women that would kick your a**, physically and intellectually.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:43 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,288,171 times
Quote:
Do you think it would be a test of leadership for Kamala to condemn the antifa violence ?
Sure, but will Trump do the same about hate speech and far right fascism? He's had chances such as the Charlottesville incident. Unfortunately, he blew it by saying there are good people on both sides.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:51 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Ok, when Trump wins AGAIN -- in a large part of America's distaste for your gal -- then we can talk.

Until then, I will not utter another peep.
Heh ... not a single rebuttal to any of my challenges to you. You’re batting zero.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:53 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,288,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Eh, I don’t think you can broadbrush an entire party over the actions of one unhinged person (unless they’re the candidate or president).
I agree with you from a personality/demeanor/stability standpoint, but disagree regarding policy. The Republican party base has shifted to the far right from a social standpoint. Those few moderates have been generally cast aside.

Old 08-17-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Link no work but sure. It always boils down to the same handful of states. It's only August though. The big campaign machines are barely above idle right now. Wait until they've pegged out their tachs come October.

Personally, a Biden/Harris win means she vacates that Senate seat which is an upside to a terrible downside. Then again, it opens that seat up to an even worse person too. I thought Boxer was terrible and, well, then we got Kamala. She reminds me of Pete Wilson in a way; someone more set on trying to climb to the top than being good at their current job.
Dunno why link didn’t work for you, but here’s the relevant summary quoted:
Quote:
Harris 'electrifies' West Indian voters — and gives Biden a new edge in Florida

... That feeling stretches beyond the Jamaican-American community and the more traditional African American community, shared by those in South Florida with roots in Haiti, the Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago or Guyana. They comprise a growing and varied Black West Indian diaspora community, a little-discussed but increasingly influential slice of the electorate of the nation’s biggest swing state.

While exact numbers are hard to come by, census estimates and political studies peg the diverse Black community — nicknamed the Caribbean Massive by some — at more than 2.5 million, including hundreds of thousands of Florida voters. That’s crucial in a battleground state where elections are often decided by less than a percentage point.

For a campaign that's been dogged by questions of lackluster enthusiasm since Biden declared his candidacy 16 months ago, the electricity sparked by the Harris pick has produced tangible results. The campaign reported raising a record $48 million in 48 hours. Pollsters logged an uptick of support for Biden, who was already leading Donald Trump — including in the president’s must-win state.

“It’s the pick that’s going to energize us. It’s the pick that’s getting us motivated,” said Karen Andre, one of Biden’s top advisers in Florida who’s of Haitian-American descent. She said the campaign plans “a full 360 degree effort” to engage Caribbean-American voters, including with paid radio ads in Creole and English and possible interviews with Harris with local hosts who have audiences with roots in the West Indies.
As for her being “more intent on climbing to the top”, I agree. That said, it doesn’t mean she can’t also be good at the job. I see plenty of career-focused politicians who are productive and credible as well.

Old 08-17-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:

if Biden / Kamala do a clintonesque Sister Solja (sp?) they win in a squeaker. If Kamala refuses to acknowledge the violence, then she and Biden are doomed
What antifa violence? There’s not been a shred of evidence ... no corresponding arrests ... nothing but dramatic accusations from Trump, Barr, and the right-wing media.

Old 08-17-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

Saying the whole Republican Party is like that poster is like saying all Democrats are rioters and looters based on the actions of some of the “protesters”.

No, your problem is that you haven’t noticed it’s the 21st century. I’ll bet you ask to measure a woman’s hips before you date her to make sure she’s good breeding stock. Do you check teeth too?

I can think of a number of women that would kick your a**, physically and intellectually.
LOL

You guys always got to make women into quasi men

"She will kick my ass"

You have issues with women and want them to be men. That's YOUR problem, so don't try to make it mine

Old 08-17-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What antifa violence? There’s not been a shred of evidence ... no corresponding arrests ... nothing but dramatic accusations from Trump, Barr, and the right-wing media.
Oh geez

One of those.....

No helping you seeing reality, I'm afraid

Old 08-17-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Oh geez

One of those.....

No helping you seeing reality, I'm afraid
Proof, Csonka, proof. You say crap but don’t provide a shred of evidence.

51 Protesters Facing Federal Charges—Yet No Sign Of Antifa Involvement
Attorney General William Barr and other top government officials have frequently blamed Antifa activists for the violence stemming from recent demonstrations in the wake George Floyd's death; however, in NPR's review of court documents of 51 individuals facing federal charges related to protests, none is alleged to have links to the Antifa movement.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...fa-involvement

No Sign Of Antifa So Far In Justice Department Cases Brought Over Unrest
U.S. Attorney General William Barr has repeatedly blamed anti-fascist activists for the violence that has erupted during demonstrations over George Floyd's death, but federal court records show no sign of so-called antifa links so far in cases brought by the Justice Department.

NPR has reviewed court documents of 51 individuals facing federal charges in connection with the unrest. As of Tuesday morning, none is alleged to have links to the antifa movement.

Of the cases brought so far, 20 involve allegations related to arson; 16 involve the illegal possession of a firearm, more often than not by a felon; another eight people face charges related to inciting a riot or civil disorder.

The single instance in which an extremist group is mentioned in court documents is a case against three Nevada men. Federal prosecutors allege the trio belong to the right-wing Boogaloo movement that wants to bring about a civil war. The men have been charged with plotting violence during Las Vegas protests.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/87327...ht-over-unrest

LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW POLICE KNEW FAR-RIGHT EXTREMISTS WERE THE REAL THREAT AT PROTESTS, NOT “ANTIFA”
https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/...-right-antifa/

U.S. prosecutors do not charge Portland protesters with antifa ties
U.S. federal prosecutors have produced no evidence linking dozens of people arrested in anti-racism protests in Portland, Oregon, to the antifa or anarchist movements, despite President Donald Trump’s assertions they are fueling the unrest.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKCN2502NQ

Get it Csonka?
Now your turn ... got proof?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies