Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2020, 11:02 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
... Will swing states adore Harris through October though? I guess we'll see.
Looks good for the biggest swing state prize of all: Florida ...
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-voters-395554

Old 08-17-2020, 11:03 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,452,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Except for the fact so many people despise folks from California and with good reason.

Sure. Normally I'd agree, but I'm not positive it will work that way in a presidential election. My gut says that an average Joe in Wisconsin would be turned off by a lot of things the Biden campaign is about, including the presence of a left-coast elitist liberal (from their perspective). But then again, Trump carried all those rustbelt votes in 2016 and I would've never believed some uppity city-slicker NYer would win their hearts either.

People hold their nose and vote for terrible choices all the time because they see the alternative as worse in minuscule degrees. Then again, Trump is the devil we know and incumbency has its advantages. Too early to tell right now how this all will flesh out in the fall.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Exactly. This isn't the 1950s anymore, as much as the Republicans would like to turn back the clock to a racist, sexist culture where white men ruled the world. Most people see right through this rhetoric and don't forget the actions/words done over the past few years by Trump and his fellow Republicans.

Eh. I don't buy that stereotype any more than I buy the one that Democrats are all a bunch of mincing pansies who want everyone to drive Priuses and get abortions. People aren't black and white caricatures of their political affiliation.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:14 AM

545 posts, read 513,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Ok, I’m no fan of Harris, but really?

So all you women folk on the forum, you better git to the kitchen and bedroom where you belong. Make sure you’re barefoot too.

Holy smokes.

You fear women

Not my problem

Old 08-17-2020, 11:15 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Sure. Normally I'd agree, but I'm not positive it will work that way in a presidential election. My gut says that an average Joe in Wisconsin would be turned off by a lot of things the Biden campaign is about, including the presence of a left-coast elitist liberal (from their perspective). But then again, Trump carried all those rustbelt votes in 2016 and I would've never believed some uppity city-slicker NYer would win their hearts either.

People hold their nose and vote for terrible choices all the time because they see the alternative as worse in minuscule degrees. Then again, Trump is the devil we know and incumbency has its advantages. Too early to tell right now how this all will flesh out in the fall.
Trump didn't present himself as a typical New Yorker at all though. He was able to easily shed that image with his rhetoric. I think Kamala will have a much tougher time doing the same if at all.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I do? Do a search on my posts that contain “Harris”. Over and over and over I have said: she has never been on my list of preferred candidates (for POTUS or VP). Another example of you talking through your hat.

She is as strong as most any other politician who has campaigned and won election to major city and state posts ... repeatedly.

Why don’t you give an example of media giving out these “talking points”? Really ... please do.

Au contraire. The majority in this country, especially including Black women, know that the violence you refer to is perpetrated by very small numbers of agitators - mostly right wing, in attempt to “false flag” smear BLM and antifa. In all the recent George Floyd protests, not a single arrest tied to antifa, nor to any recognized BLM representative. However, many arrests were made of right-wing members.

And before you trot out your “tulemutt is an antifa / BLM sympathizer”, maybe do a search for evidence of my support ... I have recently repeatedly stated I have never been to any kind of demonstration or protest in my life ... and am not approving of them as venues for change.

I just enjoy the sport of calling bs on stupid statements. This is intellectual sport for me.

Proof? ... what total, and totally unsubstantiated garbage you post. Back it up .. or state it’s just pure opinion. “Everybody is entitled to their own opinion ... just not their own facts” - Daniel P. Moynihan.
Ok, when Trump wins AGAIN -- in a large part of America's distaste for your gal -- then we can talk.

Until then, I will not utter another peep.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Exactly. This isn't the 1950s anymore, as much as the Republicans would like to turn back the clock to a racist, sexist culture where white men ruled the world. Most people see right through this rhetoric and don't forget the actions/words done over the past few years by Trump and his fellow Republicans.
The Governor of SD. I would vote for her in a heartbeat.

Would you?

Old 08-17-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Looks good for the biggest swing state prize of all: Florida ...
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-voters-395554

Link no work but sure. It always boils down to the same handful of states. It's only August though. The big campaign machines are barely above idle right now. Wait until they've pegged out their tachs come October.

Personally, a Biden/Harris win means she vacates that Senate seat which is an upside to a terrible downside. Then again, it opens that seat up to an even worse person too. I thought Boxer was terrible and, well, then we got Kamala. She reminds me of Pete Wilson in a way; someone more set on trying to climb to the top than being good at their current job.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Link no work but sure. It always boils down to the same handful of states. It's only August though. The big campaign machines are barely above idle right now. Wait until they've pegged out their tachs come October.

Personally, a Biden/Harris win means she vacates that Senate seat which is an upside to a terrible downside. Then again, it opens that seat up to an even worse person too. I thought Boxer was terrible and, well, then we got Kamala. She reminds me of Pete Wilson in a way; someone more set on trying to climb to the top than being good at their current job.
From a purely selfish perspective, I think Kamala would be good for California

Why I don't care who wins

I see it as a win win either way

I like Trump and in "his economy" my business has done better than it ever has since 2003. My guess is that with Kamala up there she would make sure CA gets put in front of the pecking order

Old 08-17-2020, 11:32 AM

4,321 posts, read 6,282,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
The Governor of SD. I would vote for her in a heartbeat.

Would you?
No way. Putting the lives of citizens at risk for publicity stunts such as the Sturgis rally or the Trump speech at Mt. Rushmore. That's not a good example of leadership at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies